Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
I think gust has a point here , definitely some division needed in order To assure reasonable interaction .
Definitely not by race , we are not as crass as that . Socio economic situation ....yearly income perhaps T4 submitted Perhaps a Briggs test or at very least IQ test so peer parity is guaranteed. Ageism , keep all participants in a ten year window together . No chartered accountants or lawyers need apply , we must set some Standards . So we have The non general compartmentlized segregated discussion Forum Kinda catchy don't you think
Noo, I think you over thought what I posted,, I posted this in response to a post of Hal53. It has nothing to do with division, if anything it has to do with what the bulk of this forum is about and also a means for AO coming up more in Google searches which is good for advertisers and sponsors. I've become a General Disc junky when I used to be on fishing forums exclusively. The membership has gone up on AO and the participation on the fishing forums hasn't grown but become the venue of a few.

I found AO (and the first forum I ever belonged to) by Googling something about a local body of water,, I then experienced my first hater, lol,, but my core reason for being here is for fishing.

By getting search engine results higher in Alberta Outdoorsmen related topics and getting forums back into outdoorsmen debates IMO would be healthy for what AO is about.

I was just trying to figure out a way to do it, and shared it.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 PM

As a couple others have stated it would be better if the regular general section guys stayed here...

I come in every once in a while and throw my two cents in but would go quite crazy if we had to deal with the same stuff in the other forums.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
As a couple others have stated it would be better if the regular general section guys stayed here...

I come in every once in a while and throw my two cents in but would go quite crazy if we had to deal with the same stuff in the other forums.
Some in-forum laws in the fishing section have been put into place i.e., picture posting, and even though older debates got heated (in fishing land) many of us would still fish with each other,, the fishing forum is just an extension of the shoreline.

There are some arguments that have occurred on General Disc that have become so heated (and having participated in) that, I will never fish with some of those members who I engaged and vice versa, which is a shame.

Will AO be remembered for Hunting & Fishing or whether Justin Bieber should buy a beemer or a truck.

it was just an idea I put out there, no biggy.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 PM

What some forums have is a reputation system where people can give you positive or negative reputation on posts. That makes some people double think about what they say but there are lots that just don't care if they have negative reputation.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
I'm inspired by the subtle attempt to get the rules on here a little more
Conducive to total mayhem . The CIA uses this technique ,thought suggestive
Inducement brainwashing ,
I'm off to the trapping thread to build up some points .....I noticed
Yesterday a tag line on hanging Rats , a favourite teen age past time
Of mine .

The worm is out .
Old 04-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I'll help myself by just quitting reading anything in the general discussion forum.
I'm too tolerant according to some and not tolerant or polarized enough for others.
Cat
Not to be overly presumptuous but....

I've noticed that like a moth to a flame you have been spending more time in the general section and I sense that you might be a bit concerned with some of what has crept in over the last few months...and how it has been addressed.

I for one am glad for those occasions when you spoke up.