Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 PM

Thumbs down Stabbing in Regina

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/na...290/story.html

REGINA - An average day in a downtown Regina shopping centre turned terrifying Tuesday when a young man in a red bandana started randomly stabbing people near him.

Witnesses said the attack at the Cornwall Centre was sudden and surprising.

"I heard people screaming, like, in chaos, and then there was a bunch of people running around all over," witness Summer Pascal told radio station CJME.

Four people were hurt; three were taken to hospital and one was treated and released at the scene. Their conditions weren't immediately known.

Passersby snapped pictures of the carnage, including one posted to the Internet showing a young man lying in a pool of blood as he was being attended to by emergency workers.

"He was lying down and he got up," said Pascal. "His neck was just gushing blood all over. There was blood everywhere, a big pile of it."

Two police officers who happened to be at the mall as part of their regular downtown patrol were quickly on scene.

"We saw this kid come in, and then we heard all these sirens so we came back, and the cops tackled him," said witness Tyler Jordan.

"The two police officers challenged the male to drop the knife," police said in a news release.

"Fortunately, the police officers were able to de-escalate the situation by giving direction; the suspect responded by throwing the knife at the officers, but once he was disarmed, he was taken into custody without further incident."

Police had no idea about the motive behind the attack.

Police cars were parked at the mall into the night. The glass doors were locked, but inside, police tape could be seen stretched down the corridors and in front of the stores.

-- With files from CJME

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/na...290/story.html

REGINA - An average day in a downtown Regina shopping centre turned terrifying Tuesday when a young man in a red bandana started randomly stabbing people near him.

Witnesses said the attack at the Cornwall Centre was sudden and surprising.

"I heard people screaming, like, in chaos, and then there was a bunch of people running around all over," witness Summer Pascal told radio station CJME.

Four people were hurt; three were taken to hospital and one was treated and released at the scene. Their conditions weren't immediately known.

Passersby snapped pictures of the carnage, including one posted to the Internet showing a young man lying in a pool of blood as he was being attended to by emergency workers.

"He was lying down and he got up," said Pascal. "His neck was just gushing blood all over. There was blood everywhere, a big pile of it."

Two police officers who happened to be at the mall as part of their regular downtown patrol were quickly on scene.

"We saw this kid come in, and then we heard all these sirens so we came back, and the cops tackled him," said witness Tyler Jordan.

"The two police officers challenged the male to drop the knife," police said in a news release.

"Fortunately, the police officers were able to de-escalate the situation by giving direction; the suspect responded by throwing the knife at the officers, but once he was disarmed, he was taken into custody without further incident."

Police had no idea about the motive behind the attack.

Police cars were parked at the mall into the night. The glass doors were locked, but inside, police tape could be seen stretched down the corridors and in front of the stores.

-- With files from CJME

Must be catching on...like the hoola-hoop....trendy.

Its like the year of the blade this spring.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Must be catching on...like the hoola-hoop....trendy.

Its like the year of the blade this spring.
Like I said; though never one to subscribe to blaming TV, I think that show the following is to blame. Watch this season.

Call me a loon.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Like I said; though never one to subscribe to blaming TV, I think that show the following is to blame. Watch this season.

Call me a loon.
You're a loon!

Cheers
Old 04-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
You're a loon!

Cheers
Have you seen the show? Terrible writing,, but it's about getting freedom by being stabby. It's about a guy who takes the meek and turns them into stabbers.

I'm a loon.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Have you seen the show? Terrible writing,, but it's about getting freedom by being stabby. It's about a guy who takes the meek and turns them into stabbers.

I'm a loon.
I haven't, but I might be interested considering what's been happening the last week or so.

Sorry for the derail Ken. It is sickening, there are so many people and families hurting right now.

Cheers
Old 04-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

Call me a loon.
I think that perhaps it is simpler than that.

We already know what causes violence and civil unrest.
Add to that a complete lack of any sense of accountability... under-developed problem solving skills... short attention spans...impaired ability to communicate or express... entitlement and chemically induced sensations or numbness and .....
Old 04-17-2014, 04:57 AM

These kids know exactly what they are doing when they grab a knife and start poking. Maybe im to harsh, but they don't deserve another chance to be part of society. They deserve their own treatment, at the sharp end of the knife.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMisler View Post
These kids know exactly what they are doing when they grab a knife and start poking. Maybe im to harsh, but they don't deserve another chance to be part of society. They deserve their own treatment, at the sharp end of the knife.
They will get that with me. More than one way to skin a cat. Some of them work on people too.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I think that perhaps it is simpler than that.

We already know what causes violence and civil unrest.
Add to that a complete lack of any sense of accountability... under-developed problem solving skills... short attention spans...impaired ability to communicate or express... entitlement and chemically induced sensations or numbness and .....
Are you saying pot makes people stabbers?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
What's nutty is, is that the killer was from a strong ethical family and had qualities that are opposite of the above,, accepted into law school, community oriented, volunteered with charities, ran marathons,,, there was a book I read years ago, which is a drab series of case studies done by a young psychologist named RD Laing called Sanity, Madness & The Family,, there may have been things in the family dynamic of an overachiever pushed to overachieve more, I guess we'll find out. Apparently his Facebook posts started getting odd'ish about two weeks ago.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Are you saying pot makes people stabbers?
Or other drugs! Or alcohol!