Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2014, 02:29 PM

If easterners would quit voting for left-tard politicians in Edmonton and Calgary we might like you more.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Wagon View Post
If easterners would quit voting for left-tard politicians in Edmonton and Calgary we might like you more.
:s Ha_shakeshout:

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-16-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
It's like "they" think it's their country. I wonder where "they" got that from? Encouraged by one Ralpf Klein famous for saying "let those eastern btards freeze in the dark" or words to that effect lol
Like a real Albertan would know that was Peter Lougheed.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglefisher View Post
I'll try again, Read it slowly this time.
I'm not complaining about my wage, it's simply a fact.
Where I come from we get free health care and free education. We do not get subsidized housing. We do not get any tax breaks. In fact, we still have to pay tax back home over and above what we pay here.
I'm also not riled up at all.
I m saying that if you got rid of foreign workers, you'd have a massive shortage of workers such as doctors in rural areas.
Tell me something, how do you feel about Canadians working in other countries? Would you be happy if all other countries decided that Canadians could not longer work or emigrate there? How do you think your countrymen would feel about it?
Enjoy sharing your sediments.
We've hijacked this thread enough. I could care less what other countries immigration laws are, ours suck. The way I see it, every easterner that comes here to work is one more job filled by a Canadian. C'mon over bye's!!!

My thoughts on immigration have only gotten stronger but I'll save the rest of my $0.2 for another thread.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Like a real Albertan would know that was Peter Lougheed.
Bazinga!Right after the NEP.I was living in Elmsworth at the time.Saw 100 rigs disappear in 7 months flat.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
3 pages and 86 posts,half of them NIMBY inbred bullsh1t and the other normal Canadians.To the mouth breathers,I lived and worked and payed taxes in Alta.from mid 70`s to early 80`s and as a pipeliner spent a lot of time in a lot of towns that had a population of 2000 with only 4 last names in the phone book.A stanger could not go to the bar on a Friday night without all the local retards trying to beat the crap out of you because you were new in town and they thought some of the local girls wanted to deepen the gene pool a bit.Played in a country rock band all over Alta.in bars for two years after that,same thing."Yer not from around here are you")It was like being black in Georgia in the 50`s.I see nothing has changed.For all you "away" folks,you have my deepest sympathy.It`s real nice on this side of the mountain.(here comes the hippy /homo/dopesmoker comments)We also got Cowboys,Miners,Loggers,Fishermen here.(P.S.)B.C. has never taken one penny of transfer payments from Alta,but they sure got some from us before the oil.

Coming from a person who now lives in a town where everyone clicks their heels and salutes each other and otherwise lives on welfare.

With a neighboring town of Canal Flats where everyone should spend a Saturday night.

And any local economy comes from Alberta tourists.

Yep you sure are living in paradise. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

What years did B.C pay transfer payments to Alberta anyway?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Gone Hunting

Easy there Grey. I spent a week in Cranbrook one night.
and Canal flats, and Jaffray and Elko and "OMG! what a hole, Fernie."

I needed 7mm ammo on a couple trips. first time I was sent to the Pharmacy, where I could buy almost any kind of ammo I needed. Next time pharmacy was sold. No ammo.They looked at me like I was a pot smoker. looking for ammo in a pharmacy.
I got sent to some old guy's house who reloaded. He wasn't old, he was ancient. Every corner and every piece of furniture in that man's house had a firearm in it or on it, including his kitchen table. He may have even invented the firearm. His wife moved kind of slow, but when he asked her to get my ammo, she knew exactly what he wanted and got it for me. I'm sure she was sporting angel wings. What a treasure to find a woman like that, and in Fernie of all places.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Coming from a person who now lives in a town where everyone clicks their heels and salutes each other and otherwise lives on welfare.

With a neighboring town of Canal Flats where everyone should spend a Saturday night.

Don`t get out much do you?Kimberley B.C..,man you sure like to show your ignorance.Salutes?Clicks heels?Welfare?Canal Flats ain`t very close to here but a lot of guys work at the sawmill or logging.Nobody wants to live there.That`s why I don`t.Lots work at the mines in Elko and Sparwood.OILFIELD type money.A hell of a lot of construction here because a lot of Albertans want to live here when they retire,can`t imagine why.Could be the 3 world class golf courses or the ski hill or the fishing or the outstanding hunting for Elk deer,sheep,moose,Grizz with no points thing like you got there.Very little comes from Alta,they bring there own food,tidytanks of gas and boose.And leave piles of garbage laying around the campsites when they leave.Some,mind you,not all.
Alberta was dirt poor in the 50`s-60`s.It was like Newfoundland is now.You are either too young or too stupid too know that.By the way,in my books Peter Lougheed was one of the greatest public servants ever to come from Canada.
He dragged Alberta from a have not to a mighty have by not caving in to the East.
When I read a post like yours I have too think you are either kidding me or you are one of those guys whos family tree only has one or two branches.
If you are funning me,good on you,got me.If you are serious then don`t let your kids marry their cousins anymore.Stop the trend.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don`t get out much do you?Kimberley B.C..,man you sure like to show your ignorance.Salutes?Clicks heels?Welfare?Canal Flats ain`t very close to here but a lot of guys work at the sawmill or logging.Nobody wants to live there.That`s why I don`t.Lots work at the mines in Elko and Sparwood.OILFIELD type money.A hell of a lot of construction here because a lot of Albertans want to live here when they retire,can`t imagine why.Could be the 3 world class golf courses or the ski hill or the fishing or the outstanding hunting for Elk deer,sheep,moose,Grizz with no points thing like you got there.Very little comes from Alta,they bring there own food,tidytanks of gas and boose.And leave piles of garbage laying around the campsites when they leave.Some,mind you,not all.
Alberta was dirt poor in the 50`s-60`s.It was like Newfoundland is now.You are either too young or too stupid too know that.By the way,in my books Peter Lougheed was one of the greatest public servants ever to come from Canada.
He dragged Alberta from a have not to a mighty have by not caving in to the East.
When I read a post like yours I have too think you are either kidding me or you are one of those guys whos family tree only has one or two branches.
If you are funning me,good on you,got me.If you are serious then don`t let your kids marry their cousins anymore.Stop the trend.

Proof BC bud is hard on brain cells.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don`t get out much do you?Kimberley B.C..,man you sure like to show your ignorance.Salutes?Clicks heels?Welfare?Canal Flats ain`t very close to here but a lot of guys work at the sawmill or logging.Nobody wants to live there.That`s why I don`t.Lots work at the mines in Elko and Sparwood.OILFIELD type money.A hell of a lot of construction here because a lot of Albertans want to live here when they retire,can`t imagine why.Could be the 3 world class golf courses or the ski hill or the fishing or the outstanding hunting for Elk deer,sheep,moose,Grizz with no points thing like you got there.Very little comes from Alta,they bring there own food,tidytanks of gas and boose.And leave piles of garbage laying around the campsites when they leave.Some,mind you,not all.Alberta was dirt poor in the 50`s-60`s.It was like Newfoundland is now.You are either too young or too stupid too know that.By the way,in my books Peter Lougheed was one of the greatest public servants ever to come from Canada.He dragged Alberta from a have not to a mighty have by not caving in to the East.When I read a post like yours I have too think you are either kidding me or you are one of those guys whos family tree only has one or two branches.If you are funning me,good on you,got me.If you are serious then don`t let your kids marry their cousins anymore.Stop the trend.
Why so bitter? Alberta paid some awesome coin in the 70's, which you would know, but then once the money dried up due to pet, you skidaddled,, and now slag us. Some people weathered that dry-spell, had families with kids and took wage cuts or lay-offs in stride, but kept enough of an industry going all the way thru to recovery by sticking it out.

your welcome.

Last edited by Gust; 04-16-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Wagon View Post
LOL if you take a look back at Alberta's political history .It started out with 4 majority Liberal governments then 3 majority UFA governments then the So Creds ran it for 9 more Arguably , Alberta has been Liberal longer than Conservative when you look close at those parties. Even the PC other than Ralph Klein were more Lib than Con by WR standards. Fighting with the Federal gov't does not mean you are a Conservative ,It just means you know how to cling to power in Alberta. Lougheed(remember he endorsed Redford) Getty Stelmach Redford I highlighted them in Red because ... well you know.

But you keep drinking that koolaid
Old 04-16-2014, 04:51 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post

Also, what is with all the chrome on a newfies truck??? They must be half magpies to be attracted to that much shine.
1) I don't think there are magpies on the Rock, so this is unlikely???

b) If a Newf was gonna be "half" anything, he'd most likely be "half sheep".
Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
1) I don't think there are magpies on the Rock, so this is unlikely???

b) If a Newf was gonna be "half" anything, he'd most likely be "half sheep".
C'mon Bob. You are great person from Newfoundland. Back in the days when I was being a good kitty defending myself as an Albertan, you treated me nice.
You are a person who has my utmost respect.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I could care less what other countries immigration laws are, ours suck. The way I see it, every easterner that comes here to work is one more job filled by a Canadian. C'mon over bye's!!!

My thoughts on immigration have only gotten stronger but I'll save the rest of my $0.2 for another thread.
Good reply.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Why so bitter? Alberta paid some awesome coin in the 70's, which you would know, but then once the money dried up due to pet, you skidaddled,, and now slag us. Some people weathered that dry-spell, had families with kids and took wage cuts or lay-offs in stride, but kept enough of an industry going all the way thru to recovery by sticking it out.

your welcome.
Yeah,$10 an hour 12 a day,no overtime.28 in and 3 out in vacation spots like Red Earth,Conklin and rainbow lake.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah,$10 an hour 12 a day,no overtime.28 in and 3 out in vacation spots like Red Earth,Conklin and rainbow lake.
wow in the 70s ? I was making 10 hr in the 90s before things took off again. Found an old T4 from 1983 I grossed a whopping 12 g and my wife made 8g we had a kid and were just buying our first place.

I remember listening to guys talk about how they wouldn't get outa bed for the kind of money I was making and all I can think of is .Well, if you got kids to feed and bills to pay to darn well would get outa bed
Old 04-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
So what, in 1973, you could buy a nice house in Calgary for $13,000,, at the wages above you could have worked as a hotshot and still managed to buy two houses in a single year with plenty left over for lotsa fun and vice.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
wow in the 70s ? I was making 10 hr in the 90s before things took off again. Found an old T4 from 1983 I grossed a whopping 12 g and my wife made 8g we had a kid and were just buying our first place.

I remember listening to guys talk about how they wouldn't get outa bed for the kind of money I was making and all I can think of is .Well, if you got kids to feed and bills to pay to darn well would get outa bed
My daddy surveyed the Rainbow Lake airstrip. He never complained.

You poor baby.

Last edited by greylynx; 04-16-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
My daddy surveyed the Rainbow Lake airstrip. He never complained.

You poor baby.
Wasn't complaining I was stating the facts I think you have me confused with someone else
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Wasn't complaining I was stating the facts I think you have me confused with someone else
I did. Sorry dude.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned

Fisherpeak:

In addition to my daddy surveying the airstrip into Rainbow Lake, my uncles used to purchase fence posts from our Cree buddies in Conklin.

And do you remember what the first gas station in Red Earth was and who it was run by?

It was a Petro Canada run by a Roger Moore.

So you poor baby. I have to feel sorry for you?

Maybe I do, living in a broken down part of B.C. at a place called Fisherpeak.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
$10 an hour in the 70s? Are you really complaining!!! Conklin in the 70s? Not saying thats impossible, but highly unlikely. I think you have been here a lot more recently than the 70s. 28 in and 3 out is modern too (actually its 24 and 4 if memory serves me correct). The 70s were 28 in, and then 28 in, and then. . .

Last edited by HyperMOA; 04-16-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
$10 an hour in the 70s? Are you really complaining!!! Conklin in the 70s? Not saying thats impossible, but highly unlikely. I think you have been here a lot more recently than the 70s. 28 in and 3 out is modern too. The 70s were 28 in, and then 28 in, and then. . .
Conklin I the '70's had one road in, after that it was cutlines in the winter....miles and miles of flippin' cutlines
Old 04-16-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Conklin I the '70's had one road in, after that it was cutlines in the winter....miles and miles of flippin' cutlines
Exactly, that's why I brought it up. There was some work there but it was no hive of activity like it is today. Like I said not impossible but unlikely. Rainbow Lake on the other hand was very much 70s work. They are decomissioning many of those wells today.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
pretty good thread untill this poster^^^^^^^^^ with personal attacks on someone not around to defend himself.
Its all that he is good for.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

What a load of bull.....

The amount of miney dumped into that economy by Albertans is more than made up for by Albertans retiring to BC to sponge off of their healthcare system.

Honestly...far do you think a tank of gas and a couple cases of beer go?

If Albertans stopped visiting that town... the only only difference it would make to locals is that they could probably find parking easier and a place to camp at a local lake.

IOW...they'd be glad for it.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I merely answered your question about "they" or "them".

As to the adjectives of greedy, selfish, stupid, inbred, and nouns like Bohunk, Polack, Uke, Kraut, all you have to do is go back to when I first joined AO and addressed the use of such terms applied against us Albertans.
Terms that were applied to me and other AO members by people from eastern Canada, and even worse, the Canadian Army.

BTW: You have always been nice, and never acted like the others. Thank you. That is why I honestly respect you.
That's rich coming from a guy that called us all baby killers and more only last year.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
That's rich coming from a guy that called us all baby killers and more only last year.
looking for a scrap tonight Pesky?, seem to have a chip on your shoulder?
PM's are good......
Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Well said BDB.
I don't understand that if times are tough out east why many wouldn't bring their families to Alberta where their kids would have a opportunity.
Thank you.

People get homesick.
I left the west for work and returned...nowhere else could ever be home....so I understand that.

Don't knock my home and I won't beat up on yours.

If you are here to stay..assimilate a bit like the OP.
If not...try to be a good guest and in exchange we will try to be good hosts.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Well said BDB.
I don't understand that if times are tough out east why many wouldn't bring their families to Alberta where their kids would have a opportunity.
I've often wondered this ^^^myself.