Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-29-2010, 06:35 PM

Default Lake Isle update Dec 29

Was out at Isle today can you say skunked...Went on at Silver Sands the ice is about 14" with a little flood water drove without a problem(4x4). Tried 15' then 9' very murky water can not see past 4-5'..Tip-up went off 4 times but never manage to land a thing.. Had 4-5 bites in the tent and 1 snake whip by and take off with my hook...Super slow talk with 2 other groups and they never even managed a bite.. If anyone has any good fish stories please feel free to let us know because I sure don't..
Tight Lines (I wish)

Vegetarian-"native for lousy hunter"
Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 PM

thats fishing for ya. Hot one day.. cold the next.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

i was out there too stayed til dark... managed to catch 3 pike.. none were keepers and we seen some perch swimming around but they werent biting ... we went on at silver sands and drove past he ho ha drilling holes all the way and there was 16" of ice in every hole... we fished the other side of the island just off that point... im thinking the perch are out deep cuz they would come in waves from the middle of the lake
Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 PM

Location: somewhere between the garage,work and the great outdoors

Jacob

How far past the camp did you make? I'm planning a trip out tomorrow and would love to make it around the point at the camp. Did you make it to the under water island?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNRACK View Post
Jacob

How far past the camp did you make? I'm planning a trip out tomorrow and would love to make it around the point at the camp. Did you make it to the under water island?
hey gunrack... we actually went about 80 yards past that point and drilled a hole... all was good then we drove another 20 yards and came across a pretty beaten truck path ... couldnt see it from where we drilled lol... but then we hung a right and went to the north side of the island... we drilled a couple holes there 20 yards north of the island and nthn but shrimp came up so we went another 20 yards towards the middle of the lake... drilled and no shrimp... so we were just on the edge of all that ... i set a tipup near our first hole closer to the island and it went off about 10 times... only snagged 3 pike tho... but i found that the perch were coming from the middle of the lake and feeding on them shrimp... anywhere we drilled holes besides there ... there was feed everywhere for perch... thought it was a good idea to setup there but no luck for perch
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 PM

the only perch we landed that were nice size on isle this year were caught in 20' of water, so i agree with u saying there deep right now, but it doesnt matter all lakes are fairly slow right now from what i see
Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1202 View Post
hey gunrack... we actually went about 80 yards past that point and drilled a hole... all was good then we drove another 20 yards and came across a pretty beaten truck path ... couldnt see it from where we drilled lol... but then we hung a right and went to the north side of the island... we drilled a couple holes there 20 yards north of the island and nthn but shrimp came up so we went another 20 yards towards the middle of the lake... drilled and no shrimp... so we were just on the edge of all that ... i set a tipup near our first hole closer to the island and it went off about 10 times... only snagged 3 pike tho... but i found that the perch were coming from the middle of the lake and feeding on them shrimp... anywhere we drilled holes besides there ... there was feed everywhere for perch... thought it was a good idea to setup there but no luck for perch
Try the south side of Starkey Island next time. There is a deeper hole there that I know is holding Perch.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Try the south side of Starkey Island next time. There is a deeper hole there that I know is holding Perch.
i will try that... another good spot is right in the middle where they used to make the maintained ice road across the lake... there is an old steam engine tractor that sunk a long time ago... its a great spot for perch... i guess they like the structure
Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Watch out for sleders on isle some jerk decided to drive over mine which was between our 2 huts
Old 01-02-2011, 06:32 PM

where abouts is this structure your talking about!
i think were going to isle tmr me and a buddy to fish the afternoon bite?? haha bite, as if theres not much going on in isle but oh well
Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 AM

Was at isle on the 1st. very very slow. Wait till the end of the month or so.