Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM

Question Northern Saskatchewan

HI, I'm looking for some suggestions on smaller, less crowded lakes in northern Saskatchewan (or alberta). That are great pike and walleye fisheries that you can drive to. Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
HI, I'm looking for some suggestions on smaller, less crowded lakes in northern Saskatchewan (or alberta). That are great pike and walleye fisheries that you can drive to. Thanks
Big River- 30ish lakes within 1/2 an hr.Delerond lake ans Cowan lake both good
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM

Dechambou lake, Great fishery, go up the Oskikibuck river, off the west arm of the lake, and there are a few great lakes on it, Merrett, Oskikibuck, And Brownell. We have consistantly caught 5-8lb walleye, and 15-24ld pike. Nic perch as well. Its a bugger to get into, but well worth it.The spelling of the lakes is probably wrong, but should be able to google.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM

Deschambault Lake

I drive past it every time I'm on my way to my cabin up near Sandy Bay, SK.

Tons of fish all around up there!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 PM

Default First Q - Do you have the boat & motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
I think you need to tell us if you have a boat & motor or are you counting on renting. You'll get two very different lists.

Vic
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Deschambault Lake

I drive past it every time I'm on my way to my cabin up near Sandy Bay, SK.

Tons of fish all around up there!
X2 on that, tons of great fishing in that area.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 PM

Go up the hanson lake road north of smeaton There is a wonderful lake called lime stone you camp at Deschambault lake and drive in. A little further up the Road is Hanson lake (my favourite) there was a mine there at one time so when you drive in and go straight there is a camp site on the old mine site. If you take your first right there is a small camp site with rental cabins great place. If you like further up the Hanson lake road there is a left hand turn towords Pelican Narrows there is Marron lake great camp ground and cabins. Jan lake Camp ground and cabins, Pelican Narrows just over the bridge that joins Marron and Pelican there is cabins and camp ground and finally Island Falls. All assesable by truck and great fishing. Now if you go north of Prince Albert go past Lac Laronge up to Otter Lake there is a full service campground and cabin absolutey beautiful the Churchhill river runs threw. If thats to far go to Meadow Lake Sask over to Grean Lake and north to Pine House 13miles north of Pine house you will cross the Churchhill take next left there at a place to camp on the edge of Sandy Lake fish the river mouth in the evenings and catch 100 pickerall. 15 min north Gordon Lake Nice Lake Trout and Jacks also nice camp site. Any Questions give me a shout i have left a few lakes out only mentioned the ones i like.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldy View Post
Go up the hanson lake road north of smeaton There is a wonderful lake called lime stone you camp at Deschambault lake and drive in. A little further up the Road is Hanson lake (my favourite) there was a mine there at one time so when you drive in and go straight there is a camp site on the old mine site. If you take your first right there is a small camp site with rental cabins great place. If you like further up the Hanson lake road there is a left hand turn towords Pelican Narrows there is Marron lake great camp ground and cabins. Jan lake Camp ground and cabins, Pelican Narrows just over the bridge that joins Marron and Pelican there is cabins and camp ground and finally Island Falls. All assesable by truck and great fishing. Now if you go north of Prince Albert go past Lac Laronge up to Otter Lake there is a full service campground and cabin absolutey beautiful the Churchhill river runs threw. If thats to far go to Meadow Lake Sask over to Grean Lake and north to Pine House 13miles north of Pine house you will cross the Churchhill take next left there at a place to camp on the edge of Sandy Lake fish the river mouth in the evenings and catch 100 pickerall. 15 min north Gordon Lake Nice Lake Trout and Jacks also nice camp site. Any Questions give me a shout i have left a few lakes out only mentioned the ones i like.
My place is between Island Falls and Slim's Cabins (outfitter) on Highway 135. It's on the Churchill River.

Absolutely gorgeous and the fishing can't be beat.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
PM sent. Does anyone else have information about these areas of Sask? I am very interested in going that way right after the long weekend and any info would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned in my PM to eldy I would prefer a bit of smaller lake with a nice quiet campground, not a larger lodge type of arrangement. It would also be very helpful if it was likely to be ice free right after the long weekend. Thanks, George.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoel View Post
PM sent. Does anyone else have information about these areas of Sask? I am very interested in going that way right after the long weekend and any info would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned in my PM to eldy I would prefer a bit of smaller lake with a nice quiet campground, not a larger lodge type of arrangement. It would also be very helpful if it was likely to be ice free right after the long weekend. Thanks, George.
I just thought I'd give this post a quick bump to see if anyone could pass me some information on this area. Thanks, GN.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Also Candle lake just NE of Prince Albert. Lake has pavement access and Prov park, lots of cottages. Fish near the prov park in 6 ft of water in the spring. Good to excellent for Walleye in may.