Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2020, 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=bessiedog;4247579]You got a source for that? I’d be interested to read it.

I’ve read that Halls biding time to circle back to Edmonton next year.

When Edm has over 20mil in cap space..
I looked for the link I was looking at and of course I can’t find it now but this link says a few interesting facts that could come about. You never know. I Give up trying to copy the link. It is in a site called pension plan puppets.com and they talked about the Taylor hall deal. It would be nice to see him here again but they would have to give up probably a high pick and a guy like Nuge.

Last edited by Jigsalot; 10-13-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=Jigsalot;4247630]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You got a source for that? I’d be interested to read it.

I’ve read that Halls biding time to circle back to Edmonton next year.

When Edm has over 20mil in cap space..
I looked for the link I was looking at and of course I can’t find it now but this link says a few interesting facts that could come about. You never know. I Give up trying to copy the link. It is in a site called pension plan puppets.com and they talked about the Taylor hall deal. It would be nice to see him here again but they would have to give up probably a high pick and a guy like Nuge.
Actually they don't have to give up anything as he is a UFA again next year. The following players will come off the books next year and will be replaced with entry level contracts

Russell
Larsson
Chaisson
Pouliot
Smith

Those 5 players account for 15.5 million in cap space.

Factor in a 1-1.5 million dollar raise for Nuge and there is still lots of room for the entry level contracts and to sign Hall at 8 - 8.5 on a 4-5 year term. He will only be 30 years old next year.

But in all honesty I don't like Hall and think the money could be better spent on a Goalie and replacing what we lose in the expansion draft.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=brendan's dad;4247738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post

Actually they don't have to give up anything as he is a UFA again next year. The following players will come off the books next year and will be replaced with entry level contracts.
So, while feasible, do you really want your 2nd and 3rd pairing and backup goalie making league minimum?

If he can keep it up, Yamamoto is also likely getting a significant raise.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=Trochu;4247762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

So, while feasible, do you really want your 2nd and 3rd pairing and backup goalie making league minimum?

If he can keep it up, Yamamoto is also likely getting a significant raise.
Yes, by the start of 2021 we want Bouchard and Broberg filling 2 of the top 7 roles. Bear, and Jones are you 4 and 5. Klefbom, Nurse and who ever Barrie is at that point are your top 3. Either Barrie is still in the mix or the 4 million is spent elsewhere. Bear is the only player needing a raise in this group before 2022 and Knowing Holland he will not be overpaid.

Also that is why I said I would rather spend the money on a true # 1 goalie and some grit up front to replace Kassian. I also feel we need a "pain in the @#$" player to drive the other team nut and take the attention off McDavid and Draisaitl.