Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Default Cabelas euro/meopta meopro

Hey does anyone have any experience with the cabelas euro scope made by meopta? I've found one that's in as new condition for 325. Good buy or hard pass? From anything I've read people seem to like them. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchip View Post
Hey does anyone have any experience with the cabelas euro scope made by meopta? I've found one that's in as new condition for 325. Good buy or hard pass? From anything I've read people seem to like them. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
I would check the warranty. I inquired about binoculars and it was nil even though the OEM offered a lifetime warranty. The days of Cabelas branded products being backed by the best, no questions asked warranty are gone.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:16 PM

What scope did you find?

IMHO buy the scope. Meopta punches way way above its weight class.

It is likely a cabelas branded MeoPro. Which is also a clone of the original Zeiss conquest, Which was made by meopta for Zeiss.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:32 PM

I have a cabelas instinct 4x12 scope that’s about 4 years old. Made by Meopta. Got it on sale for around $500. Glass quality and light transmission is very good. I was looking at the Swarovski Z3 and the Zeiss conquest at the time which were between $1100-1400. Ended up going with the meopta scope because I couldn’t tell much difference between the glass for the style of hunting I was going to be doing. I liked the cabelas scope better than the zeiss and found it quite comparable to the Z3. When looking through scopes, there’s definitely individual fit and preferences.

I’d recommend looking through a few similarly priced scopes to see what your eyes like.

I’ve been very happy with the scope to date, however, I think the instinct line by meopta was discontinued shortly after my purchase. Also, I have no idea what the warranty is like.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:18 AM

Yeah I'm looking into warranty but for that price I'm not too concerned. I have a leupold vx3i I like but it also cost me 550 new. I'm thinking the cabelas branded meopro will outperform anything else I can buy for under $350.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:45 AM

Have owned meopta bino’s for about 10 years. Had an issue with one eyepiece being out of focus. Had to send to the Czech Republic for repair, shipping and repair costs were on me, the repair took a couple months.

I did only pay $500 bucks for these and they are recoated, new armour and the repair was good but it was painful.

all in all love the bino’s.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:50 AM

IIRC, the Cabela's branded Meoptas said Meopta on the bottom. They are a good scope. I'd buy it.