Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 12-30-2019, 04:01 PM

Default Guide boat splitting

Does anyone know of a website or forum to help locate a fellow fly fisher to split a guide boat. Going to Cancun in May and am looking for someone to help reduce the price of a guide.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedubius View Post
Does anyone know of a website or forum to help locate a fellow fly fisher to split a guide boat. Going to Cancun in May and am looking for someone to help reduce the price of a guide.

Thanks.
I’ve been twice in Cabo and once in PV. You will find someone to go fishing with you at the resort I promise. Providing you are going to a resort. I’ve had a blast and made some good friends going with total strangers.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:25 PM

And make sure your guide knows how serious you are about actually going fishing or else you will go on a expensive boat ride.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:28 PM

I used trip advisor once and it worked for me.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:48 PM

Smile

I agree with Rhino81. I've gone fishing many places. I have found fishing partners. Usually the lounge having a few drinks. Or on a charter bus trip. Of course I am going to talk about fishing., It's what I do no matter where I go.
Or hang around the boats. There is always someone who doesn't plan well and wants to go out.

I was in Mazatlan and had a boat chartered for 2 days. I thought my wife and son would want to come both days. But the weather was bad and day one was enough for them. I told the captain that they weren't coming the second day and they found another person to come along.

Enjoy the trip.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:03 PM

If your a cheap old bugger like me, just walk the beach until you find local fishermen and strike up a deal. Might need a little bad Spanish but 3 phrases should cover it. I pay about $25-35/hr, it's nothing fancy and no shade so i start 6:30-7 for 3-4 hours and then it's too hot. Need your own stuff unless you use their hand lines. You can troll for a few hours and then bottom fish for supper. I find it's more fun then ice fishing.