Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-19-2019, 07:37 AM

Default Landowner Gift Bags

Just thought I would drop a note on here to not forget landowners this time of year. A gift bag with a bottle of wine, chocolates, product of hunt, what ever works.
These thank yous are well deserved and go a long way towards building and growing these relationships.
A hunter card in there is always a good idea too.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:48 AM

I was out visiting and spreading Christmas cheer last week. I wait until the crops are off, and most of the work is done for the year, so the landowners have time to sit back and visit a bit.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:25 AM

A small gift and a thank you card goes a long ways. Been doing it for years.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:54 AM

Already made my rounds, dropped off fresh moose, elk and antelope jerky, and a bottle of carolines at a few strategic locations, most say oh you didn't have to do that but graciously accepted them, it really is a nice way to say thanks and let them know that access to their land is appreciated.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishin73 View Post
A hunter card in there is always a good idea too.
Definitely agree with showing some sign of appreciation. For me its usually just stopping in and drinking their coffee and any sweets offered. Oh ya, I also bring a little sausage or something else for them to try out.

What's a hunter card?
Old 12-19-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Definitely agree with showing some sign of appreciation. For me its usually just stopping in and drinking their coffee and any sweets offered. Oh ya, I also bring a little sausage or something else for them to try out.

What's a hunter card?
Just a business card with your contact info. I found it helps huge towards permission if they know how to get a hold of you, helps put their minds at ease that you will treat their land with respect. I got 500 done at Vistaprint--$30
Old 12-19-2019, 10:15 AM

All the landowners I have permission from get a visit from me just before Christmas. I always give up some breakfast sausage, some smokies, hamburger patties etc and put a small card in there wishing them a Merry Christmas and thanking them for letting me on again.

It goes a long way, just touching base every summer looking for permission and not interacting with them at all after that is not how things are done.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:33 PM

Default A little gift

Some cheese smokies, or kubasa, and a bottle of Crown has been my go to for a number of years. I had to sleep on a couple of their couches a few times, as they insisted that we have a taste, or two, or 5.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Already made my rounds, dropped off fresh moose, elk and antelope jerky, and a bottle of carolines at a few strategic locations, most say oh you didn't have to do that but graciously accepted them, it really is a nice way to say thanks and let them know that access to their land is appreciated.
And this is the most positive way to keep these landowner and farmers on your side. just a few small gestures and a minute of your time pays big dividends most of the time!
Good Job!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:54 AM

A bottle and a bag of smokies..... It is funny how many times I have heard "thanks very much, you know, no one has ever done this before".....

Merry Christmas

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-25-2019, 02:08 PM

When I used to hunt I always had a nice bottle for the farmer and would get the Christmas gift baskets at Costco for the wife.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:51 PM

Sent my Xmas thank you, texts out today. None of them eat much game and all of them enjoy there privacy. I got responses so they hit there mark.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:29 AM

I give out jerky, smokies, sausage and sometimes a roast. They appreciate it and remember who you are when you ask for permission.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:43 PM

Always a good idea to bring by some steaks or smokies and a nice bottle of some sort.