Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-15-2020, 03:22 PM

Default Spyderco source in Edmonton area

It's been a long time since I've looked or have had to look, but is there any place in the Edmonton area that carries Spyderco knives or has any in stock?
Old 01-15-2020, 04:05 PM

I don’t know if anywhere in the Edmonton area that carries them. But if you know what you want, this company in Vancouver B.C. carries many different styles. Shipping is fast and prices are very reasonable. Shipping for knives, averages around $10.50 and I usually have my order within 3 business days. I’ve ordered from them numerous times, and never had an issue!! Hope it helps.

https://www.warriorsandwonders.com/
Old 01-15-2020, 04:48 PM

House of knives in west Edmonton mall carries them.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:48 PM

Thanks Bowhunter. I've actually been on the site quite a bit the past few days. Prices and selection seem excellent so it's great to know they're easy to deal with and can shop with confidence. I haven't handled anything besides a friends PM2, but that's not what I'm looking for and was really hoping to handle a few I had my eye on. Ironically enough as I was checking out the site I think I may have stumbled on a few others that I'd like to pick up, lol. Isn't that always the case hey?

Bezzola, thanks for passing that along. In all honesty I've seen and been on the site and walked by the store probably 1000 times but have never stepped foot inside. I have no idea why. Whenever I walk by I see mostly kitchen supplies and just assumed they didn't carry any in stores. I'll definitely be stopping in.

I also noticed Greybeards post about the Calgary knife sale but I couldn't make it out back in October unfortunately. I guarantee I'll make it out for the next one.

Thanks very much again guys. I super appreciate it!!
Old 01-15-2020, 10:14 PM

Kent of Inglewood is a great shop too. Don't have Spyderco I don't think but if you ever have a hankering for a very nice, unique fixed blade knife, check out the Canadian made Grohman DH Russell. Been around for a long time. Excellent knife for $ 120.00 but you won't buy it for its looks. You have to hold it.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I don’t know if anywhere in the Edmonton area that carries them. But if you know what you want, this company in Vancouver B.C. carries many different styles. Shipping is fast and prices are very reasonable. Shipping for knives, averages around $10.50 and I usually have my order within 3 business days. I’ve ordered from them numerous times, and never had an issue!! Hope it helps.

https://www.warriorsandwonders.com/
X2 for Warriors and Wonders. They are great to deal with. I buy all my knives, flashlights and paracord from them. They have even custom ordered a knife for me that they did not carry.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-16-2020, 09:41 AM

Thanks 207. I was on their site as well.

I haven't handled one yet, but I've heard and read the same thing about the comfort their knives. They apparently also even make a 4 inch lock blade version of the belt knife. I actually really like the leaf shape to be honest. And Canadian made too!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:24 PM

Skip the House of Knives, prices are too high. Plenty of better deals anywhere else.

Warriors and Wonders is great to deal with, often have sales, and overall less expensive than most places, even with the added shipping costs.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by wolves View Post
Skip the House of Knives, prices are too high. Plenty of better deals anywhere else.

Warriors and Wonders is great to deal with, often have sales, and overall less expensive than most places, even with the added shipping costs.
If you buy the right knife, you can even get free shipping. I bought a Benchmade griptillian mini, in November that wrangled me free shipping on my whole order!
Old 01-18-2020, 08:16 PM

Default Spyderco

Check your Edmonton area Town Post.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:14 AM

Ironically enough I decided to go with 270's advice on the Grohmann. Already have a decent folder, but don't have a solid fixed blade and figured I'd focus on that first. Canadian made. Inexpensive. Classic design. Can't believe I didn't buy one sooner.

Thanks again for all the input and suggestions. I super appreciate it!
Old 01-21-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleat View Post
Ironically enough I decided to go with 270's advice on the Grohmann. Already have a decent folder, but don't have a solid fixed blade and figured I'd focus on that first. Canadian made. Inexpensive. Classic design. Can't believe I didn't buy one sooner.

Thanks again for all the input and suggestions. I super appreciate it!

Nice. Did you get the original design version? I like mine every bit as much as my Benchmade Saddle Mountain and that's saying a lot.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:32 PM

I haven’t picked it up yet, but it’s definitely going to be the original D.H. Russell belt knife. Which they now apparently refer to as just the #1. Still eyeing some other Grohmann knives but will start with this one for sure and go from there. I don’t know why I haven’t picked one up sooner. Thanks again for recommending it for consideration.