Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-2019, 01:59 PM
35 whelen's Avatar
35 whelen 35 whelen is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.W OF EDMONTON AND EAST OF GRAND PRAIRIE
Posts: 4,025
Default New 39 hrs

https://youtu.be/zavWklSO1vk

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Penner's Avatar
Penner Penner is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,321
Default

I enjoyed the first one. If the brothers are in it again my money is on them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
I enjoyed the first one. If the brothers are in it again my money is on them.
Iím thinking them or Aron. Team shimano. They had some motor difficulties last episode that cost some time. Gonna be close again either way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2019, 11:05 PM
OL_JR OL_JR is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
I enjoyed the first one. If the brothers are in it again my money is on them.
Putting my money on the Conrads as well. Them fellows don't dick around, they just simply put something nice in front of fish and they bite.

Last edited by OL_JR; 12-21-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-22-2019, 08:10 AM
35 whelen's Avatar
35 whelen 35 whelen is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.W OF EDMONTON AND EAST OF GRAND PRAIRIE
Posts: 4,025
Default

Got to go with my hometown boys J an Aaron

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-22-2019, 09:50 AM
Poppa Poppa is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 592
Default

Have never been more excited for anything in my life. 39H Pt 1 is the best "tv show" I've ever watched. Very curious how Peric and Haatja do as Team USA. Alumacraft putting up big money for this, so Jay gets subbed in because he's Alumacraft Pro Staff and Aaron had a falling out wth them and moved on to Warrior Boats, so they'll be using Jay's boat. I will definitely miss Manny tho. Would have enjoyed he and Schick as a team...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-22-2019, 11:00 AM
mapleleafman3's Avatar
mapleleafman3 mapleleafman3 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Turner Valley, AB
Posts: 196
Default

It's gonna be epic!!!!

Go Team Dakota Lithium!
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after - Henry David Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-23-2019, 09:40 AM
Dave P Dave P is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 217
Default

Can wait!

If you cant wait to the 8th, there is a new season of Perch Pro going on right now on the Kanalgratis channel. Or old seasons of fly vs jerk are all on there channel too!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2020, 03:49 PM
OL_JR OL_JR is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 313
Default

Premier is tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2020, 03:58 PM
Poppa Poppa is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 592
Default

beside myself excited about this....... 6:30 MST it'll hit the webs!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-08-2020, 04:27 PM
mapleleafman3's Avatar
mapleleafman3 mapleleafman3 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Turner Valley, AB
Posts: 196
Default

Super excited! I even got an alarm set so I don't miss it.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after - Henry David Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-08-2020, 04:49 PM
WildCats WildCats is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 575
Default

101 min to go.......!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Foonus's Avatar
Foonus Foonus is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 65
Default Link to actual S2E1 episiode

For those of limited online ability or on ridiculous LTE data plans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODzxVjfTC4

ETA 24 minutes!
__________________
"Everyone in favor of Gun Control... raise your right hand." ~Adolf Hitler, 1936
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-08-2020, 10:12 PM
Poppa Poppa is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 592
Default

Holy **** is this ever going to be good!!! What a start and a nice idea to have a pre-fish episode to start it all off!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-08-2020, 10:43 PM
OL_JR OL_JR is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Holy **** is this ever going to be good!!! What a start and a nice idea to have a pre-fish episode to start it all off!
It's like friggin Christmas for fish guys lol...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-09-2020, 05:43 AM
trophyhunter's Avatar
trophyhunter trophyhunter is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
It's like friggin Christmas for fish guys lol...


Seriously though....those lake trout the twins were catching!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:02 AM
35 whelen's Avatar
35 whelen 35 whelen is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.W OF EDMONTON AND EAST OF GRAND PRAIRIE
Posts: 4,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
Seriously though....those lake trout the twins were catching!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why you pay 5 to $7,000 a week to fish those kind of lakes though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2020, 09:08 AM
HuyFishin's Avatar
HuyFishin HuyFishin is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 772
Default

Those lakers aint got **** compared to the bows i catch at carson lake.
__________________
What I do when i'm fishing

Instagram @huyfishin
YouTube : huyfishin
https://youtu.be/Kl6PwGN8Oxs
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2020, 09:31 AM
Smoky buck Smoky buck is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,049
Default

This competition would be a blast
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2020, 10:05 AM
pinelakeperch's Avatar
pinelakeperch pinelakeperch is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,015
Default

Took me to the end to realize that they were "pre-fishing"

Beauty lakers!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Poppa Poppa is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 592
Default

So, I'm a bit of a 39H superfan...have seen S1 a billion times. Here's something I posted on a different forum (Manitoba based) where the consensus was that last night was a bit of a let down......

Random scatter-shot of thoughts......

-I like the idea of a pre-fish ep...

-I am already sick of Peric's "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!".....are you six? Talk like an adult.

-Taro slipping on the dock is the funniest thing I've seen online in a really really long time...almost fell out of my chair

-The explanation of the sturgeon closure and the loopholes as explained by AW was interesting and perhaps slightly concerning but very thankful they didn't say where they were

-I know it's not against the rules, but I feel like the Konrads are almost "cheating" by flying into a lodge where the guides basically told them where to go to get monster lakers and pike.

-I know they're just playing it up for the cameras, but the Konrads attitude in this ep really has me pulling for any team but them

-If you watch 39H S1 and compare Aaron's overall personality/attitude/demeanor to what we saw last night, it kind of made me sad. He just really doesn't seem "into it". He was SO excited in S1....last night I kinda got the impression that he really didn't even wanna be there. Just how I felt watching it, anyhow.

I'm definitely not as disappointed as some are. We all had our hopes up so high because S1 was so incredible, and it's always tough to live up to those unrealistic expectations, but I thought it was a solid first ep. Once we get into the real stuff where they're really competing....it's going to get interesting for sure. Dropped fish by the side of the boat (remember Manny's lost sturgeon at PdB in S1??) will be excruciating and monsters that make it to the net will be euphoric....

I'm excited for next week, for sure...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-09-2020, 10:22 AM
StringTheory's Avatar
StringTheory StringTheory is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 155
Default

I am a big fan of 39H as well, maybe not superfan status yet lol. But I agree with you Poppa, it does feel like the Konrads are cheating. Flying into a place with bigger fish and less pressure then the great lakes puts them at a big advantage. I'm on team Saskatchewan for representing the West but I just dont think the playing field is as even as it was in season 1.

Also, we need Manny back!
__________________
Fishing in Western Canada:
www.stringtheoryangling.ca
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-09-2020, 10:56 AM
pinelakeperch's Avatar
pinelakeperch pinelakeperch is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
So, I'm a bit of a 39H superfan...have seen S1 a billion times. Here's something I posted on a different forum (Manitoba based) where the consensus was that last night was a bit of a let down......

Random scatter-shot of thoughts......

-I like the idea of a pre-fish ep...

-I am already sick of Peric's "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!".....are you six? Talk like an adult.

-Taro slipping on the dock is the funniest thing I've seen online in a really really long time...almost fell out of my chair

-The explanation of the sturgeon closure and the loopholes as explained by AW was interesting and perhaps slightly concerning but very thankful they didn't say where they were

-I know it's not against the rules, but I feel like the Konrads are almost "cheating" by flying into a lodge where the guides basically told them where to go to get monster lakers and pike.

-I know they're just playing it up for the cameras, but the Konrads attitude in this ep really has me pulling for any team but them

-If you watch 39H S1 and compare Aaron's overall personality/attitude/demeanor to what we saw last night, it kind of made me sad. He just really doesn't seem "into it". He was SO excited in S1....last night I kinda got the impression that he really didn't even wanna be there. Just how I felt watching it, anyhow.

I'm definitely not as disappointed as some are. We all had our hopes up so high because S1 was so incredible, and it's always tough to live up to those unrealistic expectations, but I thought it was a solid first ep. Once we get into the real stuff where they're really competing....it's going to get interesting for sure. Dropped fish by the side of the boat (remember Manny's lost sturgeon at PdB in S1??) will be excruciating and monsters that make it to the net will be euphoric....

I'm excited for next week, for sure...
I was a little disappointed as well. I didn't really like the idea of pre-fishing as it takes away from a competitive episode. Not saying I didn't enjoy it the episode overall!

Peric is definitely a little annoying. I respect him for managing to make an exceptional living as a Youtube fisherman, but I honestly don't feel like he's any better of a fisherman than I am. Whereas the other competitors seem to be legitimate pros.

I think the Konrads just have a dry sense of humour. I thought their overconfidence was funny. I also like how they're terrific fisherman, but appear to be far less technical than most of the others. AW is probably my favourite fisherman, but sometimes he makes what he's doing sound like brain surgery.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM
HuyFishin's Avatar
HuyFishin HuyFishin is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 772
Default

Weibes livescope/panoptics is a huge advantage over all the other teams.
__________________
What I do when i'm fishing

Instagram @huyfishin
YouTube : huyfishin
https://youtu.be/Kl6PwGN8Oxs
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-09-2020, 11:49 AM
35 whelen's Avatar
35 whelen 35 whelen is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.W OF EDMONTON AND EAST OF GRAND PRAIRIE
Posts: 4,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
Weibes livescope/panoptics is a huge advantage over all the other teams.
Not if you're fishing in the far north for the five species they could possibly catch

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Jigger Jigger is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 427
Default

Not sure how much an advantage the twins have being up north. Considering the points are for different species albeit the biggest, I'd say the boys around the great lakes or USA have the most species of fish available? Sure the twins might get the biggest pike and laker and grayling but may not be able to keep up on species.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-09-2020, 12:36 PM
35 whelen's Avatar
35 whelen 35 whelen is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.W OF EDMONTON AND EAST OF GRAND PRAIRIE
Posts: 4,025
Default

Yes I figured possibly five species up north Grayling lake trout, Pike ,sucker, white fish.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-09-2020, 12:45 PM
pinelakeperch's Avatar
pinelakeperch pinelakeperch is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Not sure how much an advantage the twins have being up north. Considering the points are for different species albeit the biggest, I'd say the boys around the great lakes or USA have the most species of fish available? Sure the twins might get the biggest pike and laker and grayling but may not be able to keep up on species.
If they can take a plane there, they can take a plane out of there. I assume they'll try to score points on common species (pike and lakers) by catching them at sizes that no one else can match, then fly south to where they were in the first season.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Poppa Poppa is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
If they can take a plane there, they can take a plane out of there. I assume they'll try to score points on common species (pike and lakers) by catching them at sizes that no one else can match, then fly south to where they were in the first season.
this is what will happen. They're only staying up there for part of the time, then flying back home and will drive to other spots. They're going to destroy the Laker/Pike points up north, and then go back to Dief to take the Walleye point....

The trick for the other teams will be to capitalize on as many "exclusive" species (the ones that are available in your region, but not in other team's regions) as you can. Interesting that Aaron felt it would take 10-12pts to win it this year.

Really good point about the Panoptix being an advantage. It's insane how much it helps.

I'm very pro-Manitoba (in all things in life...ha ha ha) so I'm cheering hard for Aaron and Jay. Looking forward to next week already!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-09-2020, 02:44 PM
HuyFishin's Avatar
HuyFishin HuyFishin is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 772
Default

cheering for the spruce grove boys haha
__________________
What I do when i'm fishing

Instagram @huyfishin
YouTube : huyfishin
https://youtu.be/Kl6PwGN8Oxs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.