Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 PM

Default Lac la Nonne walleye

I am planning on trying to fill my walleye tags through the ice. I generally find the walleye in bunches in June between the island and the north boat launch, either along the reedy shoreline or off the sunken islands but did not manage to get out then. I skipped July and August due to how green the lake gets. I have cought pike and burbot off the island through the ice but have not caught any walleye there.
Any info on ice conditions or where/how to fish for walleye there would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2bout View Post
I generally find the walleye in bunches in June between the island and the north boat launch, either along the reedy shoreline or off the sunken islands but did not manage to get out then.
I'm not sure that I'm following you on the location. There's a boat launch to the south by Killdeer, a boat launch in Willowbend and an old one in Birchcove. At any rate, if you turn off Hwy 33 at Willowbend towards the lake you should be able to access the lake from there. You'll catch walleye and pike in that bay. Another good spot would be directly north of there along the shore running east to west in front of Birch Cove and the seniors campground. It might be better to access that area from the seniors campsite off of hwy 33. You can park in the the park. GL
Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 PM

Just don't forget about the mercury warning for the walleyes in that lake. If you have kids or an expecting wife, check the regs. If not, have fun and good eating!!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2bout View Post
I am planning on trying to fill my walleye tags through the ice. I generally find the walleye in bunches in June between the island and the north boat launch, either along the reedy shoreline or off the sunken islands but did not manage to get out then. I skipped July and August due to how green the lake gets. I have cought pike and burbot off the island through the ice but have not caught any walleye there.
Any info on ice conditions or where/how to fish for walleye there would be appreciated.

if you have these marked. fish there. if you're not really familiar with the lake ask the locals where the known springs are to stay away from. there are many.

Dace