Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Default Need help fishing...

I normally wouldn't ask but I have a question for anyone who has gone fishing N.E. of Edmonton. My brother who just spent the last 5 months in a hospital having a tumor the size of a pear removed from his head is finally able to leave the house for some recreation .
I was wondering if anyone could give me an update to ice thickness and a spot where we might be able to catch some perch (or jack or trout)? I was hoping that I could find a spot that has ice thick enough to take my quad on as he is not 100% mobile yet. Ideally somewhere within an hour N.E. of Mundare would be great. I know some are apt to not wat to give a "honey hole" report but any tips would be appreciated I would like to have some success for him as it was a passion for him before he got ill.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:34 PM

I would recomment North Buck and/or Long Lake. I don't know any good spots but know of some guys that do and they will add to this post.

If you want to catch tonnes of fish and not need a quad as you can fish 25' from shore you could got to the Vegreville trout pond. There's trout in there and perch, some perch of good size, many more small ones. Fish with tiny lures and you can land well over 100 per day.

Good luck