Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-13-2012, 08:54 PM

Default ice fishing package

Hey all, if anybody is interested canadian tire has an ice fishing package, it includes a cube tent(2man) a sled to pull tent, and chair and cover for the whole sled...reg 399, on for 199......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (56.6 KB, 119 views)
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 PM

just picked mine up!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggerss View Post
just picked mine up!!!!!!
How big is the sled?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 PM

if its a small sled you can put together a better package watching sales, if its a big sled they are pretty pricey so it might be a good deal. just remember unless you are a midget or fish standing up, a 2 man tent is great for one person, I fish most tim,es with a 4 man, by myself its great, with the wife its just ok, room to be comfortable, but the more room the better. and a 3 point chair is a pain in the azz! OK in somewhere else but you will find out. unless you are a woman then no worries

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 PM

I agree with the above, fishing tents are just that tents, like your average camping tent. Will fit 4 but in reality it just fits 2. but if you go too big mind you its harder to heat. that said its a great deal for someone just looking to get started, all the gear to keep you out of the elements. the first time i took my wife out I told her the technical use of the F150 parked just right to block the gale force wind, I bought a 4 man pop up shelter that evening for the next day of fishing.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
if its a small sled you can put together a better package watching sales, if its a big sled they are pretty pricey so it might be a good deal. just remember unless you are a midget or fish standing up, a 2 man tent is great for one person, I fish most tim,es with a 4 man, by myself its great, with the wife its just ok, room to be comfortable, but the more room the better. and a 3 point chair is a pain in the azz! OK in somewhere else but you will find out. unless you are a woman then no worries
I got 4 shacks now but looking for another sled but bigger then the one i got. If sled was big enough would keep the sled and get rid of shack and chairs cheap.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
How big is the sled?
the sled is 60" x 22"
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Looks like a decent little starter setup for some of the forum members who are just getting in to the sport this season. It's true the 2 man tents aren't that big, but some shelter is better than no shelter when you're getting started. Grab an inexpensive manual auger and you're set

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams