Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Default Kids ponds around Olds

Well, finally bought some rods for my 9 & 6 year olds. I live around Carstairs but was told there are a few stocked ponds near Olds as we are going to be moving there. Would like to know if there are any stocked ponds in and around Olds that are really kid friendly. And if so, what type of baits has anyone had success in these types of settings as I have never fished a stocked pond before but his might be a great start for them.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:13 PM

Cipperley's pond at didsbury, and Hillers Res east of Olds are both stocked waters. Probably the easiest method for young kids fishing would be velveta cheese. I don't fish them, so not an authority on the matter. Hope this helps, and good luck to the kids.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Banned

Cool

lots of ponds within a one hour drive . kraft by torrington. dickson, south of spruce view. hillards is great for kids. drive right to the pond, a short walk on the south side is the best fishing.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 AM

ive tried the ponds around olds with little to no luck but you are allways or almost allways gonna catch fish at the dickson trout ponds
Old 05-27-2012, 05:07 PM

I was out at Cipperlies on friday night. Caught 3 - they just stocked it with 1500 6"-8" er's. I caught one 12" so they make it through the winter. Great place for the kids. Go to the north end by the bridge