Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 PM

Default Headed to Conklin... Looking for fishing spot

I'm on route to Conklin now, and will have all day saturday to fish, but have no clue about the area. Anybody with any information or board memebers that would like to get together shoot me a PM or contact me on cell... 403-554-2621

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM

Dude conklin. Are you going to be back in time to leave for our trip or should I make other plans?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM

Check out christina lake. Looks like the road that runs to the S.E. of your camp runs along christina river. Maybe you can get down to the river in some spots. When going down that road looks like the next main right runs into the christina lake drive. This will take you back up to conklin. Good luck fishing.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 PM

christina lake is a very short ride from conklin good road all the way in. nice spot to fish as well. also winifred lake suppose to have some monsters in there as well but i dont think the road in is all that great normally
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCraM View Post
Dude conklin. Are you going to be back in time to leave for our trip or should I make other plans?
I will be back man

Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Banned

Christina lake is good and there are boat rentals at the lodge on the north side of the lake. The Christina river used to be really good a few years ago when i was guiding bear hunters up there but we fished north a bit farther up 881 towards Janvier reserve.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:14 AM

Very good fishing at Christina ,water gets very clear late in summer you can watch pike follow your hook . Best is at the west end of the lake.
Lake is about 1-2 miles behind the school or so.
Boat rentals is a min 4 hrs .
Let us know how you did.
JR
Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Sitn in a boat on christina lake killn the walleye. Sure not PCR 6lb was big boy so far

Old 07-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Plans changed for tomorrow because of the weather Jeff. Neil and I and Wiggins are heading down to PCR for the day. Hope you had an awesome day on Christina Lake.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Had a great day out there. Ended up with a boat rental 25/hr 3 hr at least or 150 a day. Great people at the lodge. They have little cabins right off the dock. You can get all inclusive package with everything you need for your stay there. Lake is a great place.
We had a good morn with some good walleye and pike. After the heat hit and boy did it hit. Lake was like glass. We went deep found a few good holes that held lots walleye. After a 6 pound eye. We hit a 17 pond pike.
I say we because I ended up talking with this guy who was camping there. He had never been there before just like me. So as we stood on the dock scratching our heads. We went and split the cost on a boat for the day. Once again this addiction called fishing has brought to perfect strangers together and started a freindship. By 11am we were hi five'n and makeing fun of eachother. Total for the day was around 20 walleye and a bakers doz of pike.
If you get the chance I would tell you to pack up and go see the good folks at the lodge. You will injoy it.I would like to thank you guys for the posts , pm's and phone calls I got. Info was great , May you be blessed with many children

Old 07-26-2009, 03:09 AM

Was thinking after we spoke that I should have jumped in with you on your way by and went fishing for the day. It would have helped make the late drive easier. Maybe next time.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info, trying to find time to head up that way before summers end. May or may not happen...