Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2016, 08:34 AM

Default Does anyone actually sell any firearms on line?

I don't want to dig up any dead dogs here but I have to ask the question-Does anyone actually sell (or buy) firearms from equipment exchange forums. I regularly troll through the equipment exchange forums and see firearms being offered at gun show prices plus. On a couple occasions I have pm ed what I thought were reasonable offers and received responses of varying degrees of discourtesy about my "low ball" offers. Based on my experience, I'm guessing sellers aren't terribly interested in making "deals". The price is the price - take it or leave it. Hence my question.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:45 AM

Of course people buy and sell online.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Banned

I have never sold any of my arms but if I did and given the condition they are in I would go 85 to 90% of the add to cart cost or just keep them. A vehicle looses 10% of its value when you drive it off the lot unless it's a rare one, it seems fair to me. Optics mounted I would go 75% of their purchase price. Good deals can be had these days, it's just a matter of having the trust that the seller is selling because the mortgage needs to be paid vs something may be wrong with it.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:49 AM

Happens all the time. Not all prices are bad, and some folks are great to deal with. I've made many deals both here and on CGN as buyer and seller. Now, as for your comment about lack of courtesy, I agree that does happen on a regular basis to me too, and I don't understand it at all, being polite is always a good thing.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Banned

I almost made a purchase recently where the seller was not willing to tell me the features or what modifications have been done. He just told me to come look at it. Easier said than done when your 300 klms away, I find this ignorant, why bother trying to sell it if you are not willing to do the leg work.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM

I have bought and sold plenty guns online. Like the gunshows that people whine about there is deals to be had but you need to be patient and selective. Of the online purchases i have made the better deals were invector plus 3.5 inch citori $980, m1 garand $1000, norc 1911 nib $260 norc m14 with $300 in upgrades for $550. I have yet to have an issue with anyone. Make sure you establish good comunication and dont haggle too long on a good deal or else someone may get it before you.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I almost made a purchase recently where the seller was not willing to tell me the features or what modifications have been done. He just told me to come look at it. Easier said than done when your 300 klms away, I find this ignorant, why bother trying to sell it if you are not willing to do the leg work.
If you're loc is at the Gulf of Guinea where's the gun? Ivory Coast?
Old 02-25-2016, 10:10 AM

Just check a few trader ratings. How do you think they are earned?. If the price is right deals are off the board in minutes. Example is a dealer from BC on Gun Nutz
Old 02-25-2016, 12:21 PM

I have bought and sold over 100 firearms on the buy&sell , and on the CGN Equipment Exchange.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM

I have bought and sold a few....so it happens.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
A vehicle looses 10% of its value when you drive it off the lot unless it's a rare one, it seems fair to me..
Vehicles loose about 25% to 30% when you sign the papers, you don't even have to drive it off the lot.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:00 PM

I have sold 3 firearms on this site and was very happy with all 3 transactions. The first I met the buyer in Vulcan, he was from Lethbridge, I'm in Calgary. Second one, the buyer etransfered me the cash and I shipped the gun to Manitoba for him, third guy drove up from Crow's Nest to pick up a rifle from me. In all these cases all parties were satisfied and happy.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Like others, I use AO or CGN to buy and sell. So far every transaction has been great. I've also had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with some super people.
I think it's important to realize that a Buy & Sell forum is not necessarily a bargain bin. Not every seller is in a distress situation and most have some excellent products offered at very fair prices. After all, it's a market place. If you like a product and don't like the price, make a reasonable offer. That option isn't available at most retail outlets where dealers usually obtain their required margins in every transaction. Trading guns etc on-line is much like trading dollars. Not much profit in it.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:21 PM

I have a met and chatted with a few people through the buy and sell and everyone I have met has been great. Really enjoy the transactions and usually learn something new and interesting each time.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:40 PM

Can I, as a new member with less than 20 posts, still offer to buy? Just not sell?
Old 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM

Yes, You can buy, but not sell.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:28 PM

Thanks Salavee, I have found that the only problem with that is I have no access to view other members trader rating.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1966 View Post
Thanks Salavee, I have found that the only problem with that is I have no access to view other members trader rating.
I may be wrong with that response. If you can PM another member you should be good to go on Buy/Sell. Try that.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:14 PM

Check out Canada Wide Gun Auctions on MeWe. They were on Facebook but got the boot. Also they have great draws every once in awhile. They are going to be drawing for 5 50 cals and a 338 MRAD scoped up shortly. They are also starting up a web site shortly. All proceeds go to helping Canadians with disabilities and diseases.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
Check out Canada Wide Gun Auctions on MeWe. They were on Facebook but got the boot. Also they have great draws every once in awhile. They are going to be drawing for 5 50 cals and a 338 MRAD scoped up shortly. They are also starting up a web site shortly. All proceeds go to helping Canadians with disabilities and diseases.

I went there. I now get unwanted spam from MeWe every day. They got the boot from me as well.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:08 PM

Absolutely!
The key is to establish, and feel comfortable with whoever you're dealing with first before any transaction is made.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Banned

I do but it's always face to face, I don't ship and don't expect anyone to ship to me
Old 02-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haffordite View Post
I don't want to dig up any dead dogs here but I have to ask the question-Does anyone actually sell (or buy) firearms from equipment exchange forums. I regularly troll through the equipment exchange forums and see firearms being offered at gun show prices plus. On a couple occasions I have pm ed what I thought were reasonable offers and received responses of varying degrees of discourtesy about my "low ball" offers. Based on my experience, I'm guessing sellers aren't terribly interested in making "deals". The price is the price - take it or leave it. Hence my question.
About buying guns on line from someone you don't know is a crap shoot! I have got burned once. The gun I bought from the seller stated it only had 40 rounds down the tube! But when I received the gun it looked dirty so I took it apart after cleaning the action, boltface you could see the gun had shot more then 40 rounds down the tube and the barrel had enough copper to build a Barns bullet! The best thing to do is go see the gun and check it out yourself! There are guys on lots of different sites claiming there gun has only shot a few rounds etc. But don't get me wrong bud there are some guys that are honest!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 PM

Today I sold my Rem. 1187 online, luckily it was a local sale so no shipping issues. Now for the best part.......I did it on Facebook....see sometimes you can beat the establishment. hahahaha

Jim
And I watch the metal rusting, and I watch the time go by."
Old 02-27-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1966 View Post
Can I, as a new member with less than 20 posts, still offer to buy? Just not sell?
Yup ... Just pm the poster.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
I do but it's always face to face, I don't ship and don't expect anyone to ship to me
Agreed!
Old 02-27-2016, 11:22 AM

I've sold a couple of shotguns online, one was a sale made that was agreed on via emails, then met for the exchange, and that gave the opportunity for a final visual inspection by the buyer. One I shipped, packaged it well, and gave the buyer a 'right of return' if it wasn't what he thought it was when he saw it. (return would be at his expense) He sent an email confirmation that he was happy with it.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:18 PM

hey there are good deals out there just have to look for them and know what the new price I have seen ads on this site where people want more then new price at cabals for the same thing and I will only do deals in person
Old 02-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haffordite View Post
Ate you talking mail order or see one on here and go look at it?
Old 02-27-2016, 05:58 PM

I was talking about guns for sale on forums like here or cgn. I was wondering if people actually pay the inflated prices being asked by most sellers