Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-18-2018, 12:36 PM

Default Another new Hoyt!!

Looks like Hoyt just released another new bow for 2018! It’s called the Nitrux! Looks to be a mid level priced bow with all the features of their high end bows. Pretty sweet looking, if you ask me!!

https://youtu.be/beFAuGTPVJ4

https://youtu.be/nv1QRcMU9hU
Old 07-18-2018, 01:28 PM

Out of curiosity, what would this bow sell for and what would a high end bow go for?

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-18-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Out of curiosity, what would this bow sell for and what would a high end bow go for?
Their flag ship bow the RX-1 was retailing for ~ $2100 bare bow.
I'm not surprised they launched another bow at a lower price.
I liked how the RX-1 shot but there was no way I was paying
$2100+ GST for a bare bow
Old 07-19-2018, 01:59 AM

Rumour is this will run around $849USD Roughly $1100-$1200 Canadian
Old 07-19-2018, 02:08 AM

why wouldnt you just buy the Hyperforce its the exact same cam system as the RX-1 and retails around 1200-1300$. its barely heavier than the RX-1 and costs 800$ less for essentially the same bow
Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBowman View Post
why wouldnt you just buy the Hyperforce its the exact same cam system as the RX-1 and retails around 1200-1300$. its barely heavier than the RX-1 and costs 800$ less for essentially the same bow
Hyperforce is closer to $1500 from what I’ve seen.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:17 PM

This new bow is literally the Powermax with the exception of aluminum limb pockets and roller cable guides. Not a bad thing as I shoot a powermax, but is the few hundred dollars extra worth it?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
This new bow is literally the Powermax with the exception of aluminum limb pockets and roller cable guides. Not a bad thing as I shoot a powermax, but is the few hundred dollars extra worth it?
It’s not the same bow, the limbs, the roller guard, the string stopper, limb pockets, and the cams are all different. Only thing that’s the same, is the riser. Now, is the extra few hundred worth it? I think so, but if the price is only a couple hundred less than the hyperforce, why bother right?? I think if it was priced in the $1000.00 range, It would be more desirable to the people looking For a mid range bow.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:49 PM

I was at Jimbows today and talked to Carson about the Nitrux. They are really excited to bring in the Nitrux. I assumed it was because of poor sales of the RX1 because that is the general consensus on Archery Talk. But to the contrary Jimbows has sold more RX1 than any other Canadian dealer and the 2nd place dealer is a distance 2nd. They can’t keep them on the shelve and contrary to AT the Realm and Triax are not selling very well and the Bowtech sales which is usually Jimbows best sellers are down.

The Nitrux is basically a Powermax riser and a Hyperforce for everything else and if I remember correctly should be right around $1100
Old 07-19-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I was at Jimbows today and talked to Carson about the Nitrux. They are really excited to bring in the Nitrux. I assumed it was because of poor sales of the RX1 because that is the general consensus on Archery Talk. But to the contrary Jimbows has sold more RX1 than any other Canadian dealer and the 2nd place dealer is a distance 2nd. They can’t keep them on the shelve and contrary to AT the Realm and Triax are not selling very well and the Bowtech sales which is usually Jimbows best sellers are down.

The Nitrux is basically a Powermax riser and a Hyperforce for everything else and if I remember correctly should be right around $1100
I remember the last time I was in Jim bows and Dave had said the same thing. That they were selling tons of the RX-1. I have a feeling that this is partly due to the fact that the hyperforce only had one model this year. So anyone wanting a longer axle to axle had to buy the rx-1 ultra, and anyone wanting a turbo had to buy the turbo rx-1. Not saying that the rx-1 isn’t a great bow, just think it might be different if the hyperforce had more options. Hoping this new nitrux will boost up some sales for the boys at jimbows.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:33 AM

Hoyt owns the carbon market, the carbon RX-1 is the North store’s top seller so far this year. Some guys once they switch to carbon will not shoot anything else.

LC
Old 07-20-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Hoyt owns the carbon market, the carbon RX-1 is the North store’s top seller so far this year. Some guys once they switch to carbon will not shoot anything else.

LC
I totally believe you lefty! I would love to buy a carbon bow, but have to admit that shooting the carbon defiant last year, I did notice a whole lot more hand vibration when shooting it bare bones alongside the pro defiant. Never did shoot the rx-1 this year. It’s definitely a nice looking bow. I sorta wish I could get my hands on one of those bowtech reigns, in asat camo too. I never did shoot the reign, but the way that grip fit my hand when I picked it up, Was amazing!! Felt perfect. Maybe once I win the lottery, I’ll be able to afford to buy a new bow!! Or even a used one. Lol!!
Old 07-20-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I totally believe you lefty! I would love to buy a carbon bow, but have to admit that shooting the carbon defiant last year, I did notice a whole lot more hand vibration when shooting it bare bones alongside the pro defiant. Never did shoot the rx-1 this year. It’s definitely a nice looking bow. I sorta wish I could get my hands on one of those bowtech reigns, in asat camo too. I never did shoot the reign, but the way that grip fit my hand when I picked it up, Was amazing!! Felt perfect. Maybe once I win the lottery, I’ll be able to afford to buy a new bow!! Or even a used one. Lol!!
Jimbows north has a Reign 6 in ASAT hanging on the rack. It has been there for quite awhile.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Jimbows north has a Reign 6 in ASAT hanging on the rack. It has been there for quite awhile.
I think it’s only 60lbs limbs, if it’s the same one that’s been there since last time I was there. I sure miss the good old days, when you could put stuff on layaway and make payments on it till you have it paid off!! Did that with my last two bows, worked out great!! Wish I could do it again!!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:19 PM

Just watched another review on YouTube this morning. The guy who did the review claimed that there was a lot of vibration on the shot, and you could visibly see that the back wall was very spongy! Now, this is one opinion. I’m sure if the timing was not set properly, it could cause a spongy back wall, as only one draw stop would be contacting the cable. I don’t see how he could be feeling much vibration either, as he had a stabilizer on the bow as well. Here’s the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/ZxwX_R7eQc4
Old 11-04-2018, 11:09 PM

Default Nitrux

Hey guys,

First off Im a huge Hoyt guy! I shoot an RX1 and have ordered my new RX3 already!

Nitrux is a great bow, and yes maybe not too much difference then the powermax... but getting away from plastic limb pockets is worth the money difference alone!

As far as guys wanting a non carbon Hoyt due to pricing, the new Helix for 2019 sure looks sweet! Im excited to shoot one
Old 11-13-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdblb View Post
Hey guys,

First off Im a huge Hoyt guy! I shoot an RX1 and have ordered my new RX3 already!

Nitrux is a great bow, and yes maybe not too much difference then the powermax... but getting away from plastic limb pockets is worth the money difference alone!

As far as guys wanting a non carbon Hoyt due to pricing, the new Helix for 2019 sure looks sweet! Im excited to shoot one

The 2019 lineup looks amazing!! I want one. I didn’t really like the offerings for 2018, but this years options look awesome. I do however wish that they still ran 3 cam options. I like the idea of having an ultra. But with my 27.5”-28” draw, I’m not sure I’ll be getting the full efficiency out of the bow. How are the new cams, do they hold the efficiency at all draw length settings? I just like the ultra for the longer ATA, and longer brace height.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

I’m excited for the new Hoyt’s this year