Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-10-2023, 04:22 PM

Default Best compression socks (diabetic) for wading

So I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I've since learned that foot care is of the UTMOST importance (lots of other things too)

But. About foot care.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of socks for wading? I am talking quality, compression socks that are typically recommended for diabetics. I am fine with more expensive socks; I think my days of buying Costco / Wal-Mart socks are done. I am happy to spend $$$ taking care of my feet.

Also, any other tips and tricks for foot care for the wading fly fisherman?
Old 04-10-2023, 06:21 PM

Coop homecare have them.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Coop homecare have them.
X2. I’m not diabetic but when you have to stand a lot they’re a good idea.
I got some off Amazon and they’re a lot cheaper but somehow not quite as good.
Old 04-26-2023, 07:14 AM

Default socks

Coop homecare x3 also if your wading cold water (most times) Bass pro sells a wading sock that is almost a compression sock if you dry in dryer 1x, and it comes up well above the knee ,very comfortable to wear, I have recomended to to all my fish buddies, and they really like them. Its a little pricey but it helps keep your feet protected and its really hard to fish with bad feet.

Last edited by brass410; 04-26-2023 at 07:15 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 04-26-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
Coop homecare x3 also if your wading cold water (most times) Bass pro sells a wading sock that is almost a compression sock if you dry in dryer 1x, and it comes up well above the knee ,very comfortable to wear, I have recomended to to all my fish buddies, and they really like them. Its a little pricey but it helps keep your feet protected and its really hard to fish with bad feet.
I looked at the Bass Pro web-site and couldn't find any 'wading socks'. Can you provide a name/brand that I can use to find these?
Old 04-27-2023, 07:34 AM
Banned

the ones i wear all day, every day are called Zigvaris. Don't know that they are better than others, but they're what the Dr. prescribed. i've been wearing them for years and it doesn't matter what i'm doing, they get used. about 100 bucks a pair, but they are durable and last quite a while.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:19 AM

Default socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I looked at the Bass Pro web-site and couldn't find any 'wading socks'. Can you provide a name/brand that I can use to find these?
dont know how to link it for you I'm kinda tech challenged But here's how I found them this morn
go to Bass pro web site
typed in to the search "socks" second page (page 2) it listed "cabelas knee to toe wool wader socks"

there's a web ID #100112483

Hope this helps also if you have no luck try searching thier US site sometime it shows different stuff but they will ship so it doesnt really matter.