Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-03-2023, 08:32 AM

Default Ginex primers

Wondering if anyone has tried the Ginex primers. I believe they are imported to Canada and branded by CamPro. Seems to be lots around and fairly cheap. Saw this short blurb about them.

UNIS GINEX primers offer consistency that matches other premium primers on the market at a fraction of the cost.

A manufacturer of ammo components – as well as blasting caps and electric igniters – since 1951, this Bosnia-Herzegovina–based company knows a thing or two about turning a spark into a bang. Primers from UNIS GINEX are available with standard SINOXIDE priming mixture charges, as well as EKO priming mixture that’s formulated to be free of heavy metals.

Whether you’re assembling match-grade ammo for your pistol, or mass-producing rounds for a family trip to the shooting range, these primers are sure to perform. Each UNIS GINEX Small pistol primer is manufactured to meet high-standards and is designed to be easy to install.

Formulated to be temperature insensitive, you can count on them whether the conditions are sub-zero or scorching-hot. UNIS GINEX makes primers for a wide range of rounds, from the smallest calibers to the biggest rounds commercially available.

A history of excellence, a high-tech priming mixture, and costs that undercut the competition make primers from UNIS GINEX a must-have component on your reloading supplies shelf.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:59 AM

I believe I saw prophet river mentioning that they've dealt with them for a while and haven't experienced any problems with them.

I bought a bunch but haven't used them yet.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2023, 09:32 AM

I have some of those primers , they run the numbers the very same tgpugh my Labradar and my CCI's, and accuracy is the same out of my match rifles.
Cat
Old 06-03-2023, 10:07 AM

Default Ginex

Their small pistol primers can be a tad tight in NA brass but workable. More finicky in progressive loaders.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:51 AM

Default Ginex Primers

At this point...availability seems to be the main ranking scale. I haven't heard much bad about them. I have picked up a couple bricks to test and can get back to you!