Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Nikanit

Default Red Deer River

Hi guys(gals?),
me again. I had heard about flooding quite a while ago out around Red Deer. Can anyone tell me the name of the Dam site near Innisfail that the Red Deer River flows out of? I'm wondering about the terrain there, are there trails, is it mountain bikable, is it quite hilly,or is it just plain crappy. I've resorted to taking myself fishing when I head up in the summer, and I'm trying to find as much information as possible about this spot. It looks nice on Google Earth...Thanks Guys!

If anyone wants to see some West Coast pics of mine, go to my site at nikanit.com/fishing.html

PS: Anyone know any Reamans from Red Deer / Sylvan Lake area out there???

Signed,The Steel header from the coast, Sherry
Old 03-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Red Deer

Default Red Deer

The dam is about 15 minutes west of Innisfail. Good roads right up to the dam and river. These pics are about 1/2 mile east of the dam.

If you have a pontoon boat it is a nice drift from the dam to Innisfail
Old 03-24-2007, 04:19 PM
sheep hunter

Default Re: Red Deer

It's called Dickson Dam......
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM
bacon grease

hey Nik I know an Al Reaman in Red Deer.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Nikanit

SO COOL!!!
Al and his wife Shirley have known me since I was born! My mother and Shirley Reaman have been friends for more than 40 years. I had wanted Al to take me fishing but his health isn't so good, so I cannot expect him to be stressing out by me dragging him around. He's quite the guy! His eldest son Kerry is an incredible outdoorsman! I've always admired him all my life. I've waited for so many years to go fishing with Kerry. He's about 6 years older than me. But somehow things didn't work that way, so sad! Oh well. I'll go by myself fishing.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Nikanit

Just letting anyone know that I've taken down the fishing pics page as I had only intended them to be up for a few days. I hope you all enjoyed them