Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM

Default Ryan Lake with Mikisew Sport Fishing

Has any body fished this Ryan lake, need some pointers on what to take, as a few of us are heading up there in June
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM

We fished it about 5 years ago and did not get much for big pike but we caught a ton of walleye. Spend the first day lolling for good shore structure and once you find the honey holes fish them hard and you will need to stop to eat a sandwich we find jiving with minnows is the most productive. With the amount of action you see you will want a huge supply of minnows. Good luck and if you want to pm me I may even be able to have a phone conversation while looking at google maps and tell you which spots we found the walleye
Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 PM

Also fished it about 5 years ago, once you find em , its non stop action, pike were a little small but the walleye are plentyfull enough, just brought jigs, don't need bait, rice, butter, oil, lemon juice, plenty of coating mix and booze is all you'll need. your gunna love it !!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 PM

Default Ryan Lake

I've been there 8 of the last 9 years. Its my favourite place in the planet. See some of my old posts on the place and feel free to pm me if you would like more info.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...n+lake+mikisew

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ight=ryan+lake

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ight=ryan+lake
Old 04-18-2014, 06:12 AM

I've been there too I can help you out too. When in June ? I think I was there around June 17th for 5 nights 3 years ago had a great time. The camp is pretty nice to. It's also one off the nicest lakes I've been to as far as scenery and wildlife .

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 PM

Thanks to the guys that passed on info, heading out soon for a week of no pressure fishing, fun times with friends, no cell service no TV, no Internet, just fun times ahead
Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 AM

Hope your gear makes it to camp! We went last year (4 man trip). Tim and the boys need to get their heads screwed on a little tighter. Upon arrival at Charles Lake we were missing 2 trolling rods and reels. Mikisew managed to leave them in Fort Chip. Pretty hard to fish for Lakers when you don't have a trolling rod to go with the down-riggers we packed.....

The year before (6 man trip) after unloading all our gear at the weigh scale in Fort Mac the shop boys forgot to load our COOLER full of food onto the damn plane. That was a real treat.

Make damn sure you watch every piece of your gear make it on the plane!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up on gear not making it, so far 8 years going with them, all great made it every year, but the only hiccup was, fridge did not work at one of there camps, good thing we had dry ice to keep stuff from spoiling
Old 05-29-2014, 07:54 AM

Ya no kidding on the dry ice thing. You got lucky. The experience up there is awesome, however, don't buy all the BS Tim tells you. We have left camps up there and specifically told him things like, chainsaw doesn't work, fridge is on its last legs, we fixed the carb on motor number 2 but motor number 3 is pooched, running low on fuel, etc, etc. Then the very next year go back to the same camp and guess what, same exact problems....
It's bad for business. Common sense would be to have a camp checklist that each group fills out when they leave regarding camp supplies and equipment condition. And not just be told, "well, first I heard of that" Cutting corners is bad for business, so is BSing your customers. Mikisew lost our business, too much disorganization and lies. I enjoyed my fishing trips up there but we got fed up. To each their own.