Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Default Bachelor Party

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm getting married in a month and my best man has asked what I want to do. I'm well past the days of bars and strippers so I told him I would rather head out fishing for a few days with the boys. I'd like to go catch some big fish but not have to travel a day to do so. I live in Grande Prairie so any suggestions where we could go would be great!!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondeta View Post
Hey guys, I need some help. I'm getting married in a month and my best man has asked what I want to do. I'm well past the days of bars and strippers so I told him I would rather head out fishing for a few days with the boys. I'd like to go catch some big fish but not have to travel a day to do so. I live in Grande Prairie so any suggestions where we could go would be great!!
Not sure what Kind of money your willing to spend , but Why not a fishin trip to the West coast . If you fish around on the website here im sure you can get some contacts .
Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM

Fraser River for some Sturgeon would be a hoot, but thats a bit of a drive...
Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM

well a bit more info would be helpful.

by big what do you mean? to me big fish means Jack over 20lbs, walleye over 9lbs, perch around 1.5 - 2lbs, trout around 5lbs, etc. very few places left in Alberta where you are going to find fish like that anymore, and probably not in the same waters anymore.

do you have a boat and what type of accomadations are you looking at? tents, trailers, rent a cottage, five star hotel, etc.

couple of places that come to mind are Lesser Slave Lake, Fawcett, Smoke or Iosogun for walleye and jack, but don't expect large fish from these waters. you will probably catch lots of decent sized fish with the odd lunker thrown in to keep it interesting. Swan Lake by Valleyview has some decent rainbows in there with lots of larger trout being caught each year.

accomadations range from hotels and cottage rentals on Lesser Slave and Fawcett, to campgrounds on all of them for tenting or trailers.

couple of suggestions, but really need a bit more info on what you are expecting and want from the trip.

rgds
Mike
Old 06-01-2010, 03:16 PM

Check out www.mikisewsportfishing.com

They have some great packages, take your own food and gear and you get a cabin and boats for 5 days.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking walleye and pike fishing. We will have a few trailers and a couple of boats (hopefully if I can get mine running). I dont think the guys will be willing to travel to the coast (although I would love it) for my bachelor party. Something arond GP would be better I think. Maybe something into BC as well if not to far.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Are there fish in Vegas?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Are there fish in Vegas?
plenty of fish in Vegas, but you dont want to eat any of those

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:07 PM

2 years ago we did a batchelor party for a buddy of mine about 3 hours out of town give or take, Ill dig up the lake and info if you want. rented a small cabin off the lake parked the boats in a small marina (cabin came with a key) and stayed for 5 days..... worked out to under $100 each before food gas and beer.it was awesome, up till 3 infront of the fire and up at 6 to fish. Came home and slept for 2 days we all had a blast.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:30 PM

I would love to know where what lake that was. Plus what type of fish the lake has.
Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Are there fish in Vegas?
I just got back from Vegas and we did go fishing at lake Mead.
Great trip and well worth the money.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:09 PM

PM sent.....