Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 PM

Default Creed vs Helim

hey guys just looking for personal opinions on the two bows. I personally shoot a creed and love it but am also interested in the Helim as a second bow or a bow to have a lighter draw weight. I will be hunting with both of these bows. would it be worth it to own both? Any opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 PM

My kid just bought a helim from what we read they are extremely smooth and a joy to pull back, I will post more results later.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north american hunter View Post
My kid just bought a helim from what we read they are extremely smooth and a joy to pull back, I will post more results later.
Excellent, Thanks!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:15 AM

msg lost arrow, hes a big fan of the helim I believe
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 AM

I have a helim and it's been awesome. I would highly recommend it.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM

brohymn2 is correct I am a big Fan of the HeliM...My most favorite bow of all time...She is like the Reezen...My most favorite to date before the HeliM...the HeliM like a scaled down Reezen with the addition of the Reverse Assist roller guard and draw stop...

I also owned a Creed but wasnt fond of the draw and slam into the back wall IMHO...

The HeliM is lighter, Faster and A little less cost..

Both great bows and you cant go wrong with both, I wouldnt hesitate to get the HeliM as a back up...watch it thou she make make the Creed the back up...lol

JMHO
Neil
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
brohymn2 is correct I am a big Fan of the HeliM...My most favorite bow of all time...She is like the Reezen...My most favorite to date before the HeliM...the HeliM like a scaled down Reezen with the addition of the Reverse Assist roller guard and draw stop...

I also owned a Creed but wasnt fond of the draw and slam into the back wall IMHO...

The HeliM is lighter, Faster and A little less cost..

Both great bows and you cant go wrong with both, I wouldnt hesitate to get the HeliM as a back up...watch it thou she make make the Creed the back up...lol

JMHO
Neil

That's what I am afraid of... lol
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Shot both last year. Thoughts:

The creed has a funky "bump" in the draw cycle, huge increase in effort just before you get to full draw. Totally messed up my form. Really jumpy, didn't take well to different body positions, not forgiving enough for hunting. Seemed louder too, but that's my perception, no real testing. IMO, fail.

At first I didn't like the helim either, then changed out the draw stops. I can't remember if it was the wider ones or the narrower ones, but it made a huge difference. One feels jumpy, the other is just about perfect. Not quite as smooth as my dxt, but best of the current crop, wouldn't hesitate if I needed a new bow in a hurry.

Fwiw a longtime bowhunting buddy wanted a new bow last year, shot everything he could get his hands on. Bought a used dxt. I'd probably do the same.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Shot both last year. Thoughts:

The creed has a funky "bump" in the draw cycle, huge increase in effort just before you get to full draw. Totally messed up my form. Really jumpy, didn't take well to different body positions, not forgiving enough for hunting. Seemed louder too, but that's my perception, no real testing. IMO, fail.

At first I didn't like the helim either, then changed out the draw stops. I can't remember if it was the wider ones or the narrower ones, but it made a huge difference. One feels jumpy, the other is just about perfect. Not quite as smooth as my dxt, but best of the current crop, wouldn't hesitate if I needed a new bow in a hurry.

Fwiw a longtime bowhunting buddy wanted a new bow last year, shot everything he could get his hands on. Bought a used dxt. I'd probably do the same.
Hmmmm interesting, I deff agree with the increase in effort when your almost at full draw. What weight was your draw set to?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb985 View Post
Hmmmm interesting, I deff agree with the increase in effort when your almost at full draw. What weight was your draw set to?
60 lb bows all around, limb bolts all the way down then back 1/4 turn. That's how the shop tech set em up, supposed to reduce noise. 28.5 in draw.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 PM

yeah, mines 60 lb 27 in draw.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
60 lb bows all around, limb bolts all the way down then back 1/4 turn. That's how the shop tech set em up, supposed to reduce noise. 28.5 in draw.
We max the bow out ..hand snug...than back off 1/8 - 1/4 turn just as insurance against limb bolt seizure...it gives us room to work with the bolt...
there is no reason one can not shoot any bow snug maxed out or down...

however the 1/4 turn is a safety measure, I have seen bows cranked max hard...and seized...no fun getting them loose...can end up with stripped limb bolts or very worst stripped riser insert...

My comfort zone on shooting a bow comfortably is 64-65 Lbs ...so I order in 65 LB hand snug max...back out 1/8...tuned the bow will be in 65-66 lb range...as string settles 64 lb...retune back to 65...backed out 1/8

Neil
Old 04-04-2014, 07:22 PM

Default Which bow?

If I had to choose between those two bows I would get the Helium, I just like the look better. Cheers
Old 04-05-2014, 09:58 PM

Default Helium

oNCE U SHOOT THE HELIUM IT WILL BE YOUR 1ST BOW
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 PM

I shoot a left handed H
Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPB View Post
oNCE U SHOOT THE HELIUM IT WILL BE YOUR 1ST BOW
X2