Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-26-2014, 04:38 PM

Default Mission craze vs diamond infinate edge

Which one is the better choice for a first time shooter? Both are fairly similar on paper, but was wondering if anyone has any pros or cons to either?
Old 07-26-2014, 09:32 PM

I shot the mission craze when i was a little younger and it was a nice bow. The infinite edge has all of the adjustability that you would need but it is a smaller built riser. Both draw really nicely. Shoot both side by side and let the bow choose you.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:06 AM

I would go with the mission because they are backed by mathews warranty which is lifetime against manufacture defect
Old 07-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Both are very versatile with weight and draw...pending on size of youngster or shooter the Craze is chunky and weight adds up quickly...

but it was of our best sellers and bow will grow with youngsters and even have 200 lB 6 foot plus adults shooting them...

Neil
Old 07-28-2014, 09:47 AM

Both of my kids have the Diamond Infinite and I am really happy with the performance of the bows for both of them. You state a first time shooter so is that an adult or kid? These bows provide a lot of adjustability for a growing shooter. If you are looking for an adult that does not require the flexibility then I suggest looking at other options.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:52 AM

My sister in law would like to try archery. She is also a lefty, as is her son (my nephew). The idea was this would let her see if she likes the sport at a reasonable cost level - if she does, she can upgrade. If not, give the bow to her son in a year or two when he is a bit older.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
My sister in law would like to try archery. She is also a lefty, as is her son (my nephew). The idea was this would let her see if she likes the sport at a reasonable cost level - if she does, she can upgrade. If not, give the bow to her son in a year or two when he is a bit older.
Ok. Like I said the Infinite is a great bow that has been great for my kids over the last couple years. Highly recommend it. My son is a lefty as well and we had his bow in a couple days so they are readily available.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_bowhunter View Post
Both of my kids have the Diamond Infinite and I am really happy with the performance of the bows for both of them. You state a first time shooter so is that an adult or kid? These bows provide a lot of adjustability for a growing shooter. If you are looking for an adult that does not require the flexibility then I suggest looking at other options.
My 13 year old son shoots an Infinite Edge as well it has been great for him so far and I am sure will grow with him for years to come. We picked it over the Craze because it balanced in his hand a fair bit better and the grip and weight were better for him than the Craze.

I agree that for a growing kid the Craze of Infinite Edge cant be beat but for an adult who's drawn length wont change there are better beginner options.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:08 PM

Thanks guys, I went and handled a the infinate edge - but couldn't bring myself to buying it. Nothing wrong with it, but just got that feeling.... I didn't like the accessories they come with either.

She is 5'9", and can pull my brothers RH creed set at 63lbs so I think I may look at actual adult/male bows. Or maybe a Carbon rose if I stick to female models.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:40 PM

take a took at the pse fever 1. It has a tonne of adjustability. my opinion is it is way better built than most kids/youth bows. it has a wall where most of the youth bows are sponge cakes.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:55 PM

They make a creed in a ladies model
Old 07-28-2014, 09:55 PM

Try the left handed Quest Rogue, my 14 year old just got one a month ago. It fits him very well and is shooting it great at 30 yards. Will be testing his accuracy at 40 over the next couple of weeks. They also make it in a purple camo for ladies.
Talk to Lawrence from Accurate Archery he will get you set up right. I have seen the bow on sale cheaper by 25 dollars at a big box store but you don't get the service.

Just my 2 cents

TEH

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:31 PM

The APA Rattler is what the 12 year old stepson might end up with next month. That or a Hoyt Ignite. Both better quality for similar price imho
Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
The APA Rattler is what the 12 year old stepson might end up with next month. That or a Hoyt Ignite. Both better quality for similar price imho
Would be my choice for a youngster or young lady also...

Neil
Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM

Well my brother took her into a shop yesterday and got her measured up. She has a 28" draw, and can pull 50lbs all day long without aiming for the clouds.

This changes everything...
Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
Well my brother took her into a shop yesterday and got her measured up. She has a 28" draw, and can pull 50lbs all day long without aiming for the clouds.

This changes everything...
Can shoot just about shoot any bow model now...

Neil