Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-24-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
I'm on the fence.... As far as chasing animals through the bush a compound is the way I would go sitting in a treestand or ground blind I would more than likely buy a crossbow as I see the clear advantage in not needing to draw a crossbow however this might not apply for all crossbows but they seem large and awkward to carry through the bush.

While I enjoy bowhunting and shooting archery I only bowhunt because that's what I'm allowed to use dependant on area or season. I would rifle hunt if I could.

The true reason I am on the fence is that I feel if crossbow hunting becomes legal many more hunters will become bowhunters resulting in more traffic and competition in the bush, maybe higher harvest rates and possibly more tags on draws.
Although most animals are on draw already in areas I hunt and if an individual only gets one tag whether bow, crossbow, muzzleloader, shotgun or rifle so I guess does it really matter?
This rings true. Nothing but the facts, no bias, no emotion in that observation. Good one Mike
Old 11-24-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
This rings true. Nothing but the facts, no bias, no emotion in that observation. Good one Mike
The thing is, and that's been my point all along, if you want to use a crossbow YOU CAN! You just have to wait for the general season. I am hunting currently in bow/crossbow/shotgun/ML and rifle zones with my bow....coincidentally, these same areas right now you can use a crossbow! Many just choose not to.

Many zones you can use your crossbow starting September 23rd.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-24-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The thing is, and that's been my point all along, if you want to use a crossbow YOU CAN! You just have to wait for the general season. I am hunting currently in bow/crossbow/shotgun/ML and rifle zones with my bow....coincidentally, these same areas right now you can use a crossbow! Many just choose not to.

Many zones you can use your crossbow starting September 23rd.

LC
Actually the 17th but why would someone want to use a crossbow when they can use a rifle?
Why shouldn't crossbows be allowed the same early season/certain zone privileges as a compound bow?
I know the reason and its really the same concerns I have I just think we might be over analyzing it. We are concerned that we will have our hunting opportunities challenged by more "archers" in the field. The reason why you are comfortable with the use of a crossbow in a general/rifle season is the chances are that they would already be hunting with a rifle.
I get it and I can admit it but I think our concerns about this might be over stated as in speaking with friends in states and provinces that have implemented the use of crossbows in an archery season didn't actually increase the hunters by much nor the harvest rates.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:21 AM

Why would I use a bow when I can use a shotgun or a muzzle loader or a crossbow?

Because I want to use a bow....I enjoy the challenge of the hunt not just the harvest.

Archery only non-daw seasons exist due to low harvest rates....when they creep up it goes to all draw (see southern mule deer). Adding an easier method to master "archery" only increases the numbers of hunters and the harvest. Allowing crossbows for those who have legitimate physical constraints is great. Allowing them for all is great for 2 years before it all becomes a draw. Many of the areas crossbow are allowed during archery have much higher deer density and are not on the road to population recovery.

Alberta management differs than other areas, 15% harvest is a threshold....even though 19% of people archery hunt and its growing. Are rifle guys willing to give up 5% to archers...ask and see the response.

LC
Old 11-25-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Why would I use a bow when I can use a shotgun or a muzzle loader or a crossbow?

Because I want to use a bow....I enjoy the challenge of the hunt not just the harvest.

Archery only non-daw seasons exist due to low harvest rates....when they creep up it goes to all draw (see southern mule deer). Adding an easier method to master "archery" only increases the numbers of hunters and the harvest. Allowing crossbows for those who have legitimate physical constraints is great. Allowing them for all is great for 2 years before it all becomes a draw. Many of the areas crossbow are allowed during archery have much higher deer density and are not on the road to population recovery.

Alberta management differs than other areas, 15% harvest is a threshold....even though 19% of people archery hunt and its growing. Are rifle guys willing to give up 5% to archers...ask and see the response.

LC
Respectfully I think you are a small percentage of archers and I respect that you choose to only archery hunt now but the majority of the population are hunters that hunt with what they can. I am a bow hunter by default and a rifle hunter by choice. If I was looking for an extra challenge I might try a crossbow or a iron sight 30-30 but 99% of the time I am out and armed with the biggest advantage available to me.
Maybe its because I am already on the other side of the fence with all of my hunting zones already being on draw for Moose or Mulies for archery.
I would be interested to learn the actual harvest and hunter increases....truthfully as it is now with limited general archery zones for mulies I would venture its will only be time before the pressure on those zones becomes too much to sustain a general season for mule deer. Just like closing lakes to fishing puts pressure on other lakes.
And even so lets look at moose draws now I can hunt with archery earlier in the season if I have a draw and then rifle after a certain date .....same with mule deer or elk draws, now what difference does it make if I walk around with a bow for 2 months then pick up a rifle and blast one a few days later or if I walk around with a crossbow? The result is the same.
If we had archery tags and general tags for whitetail I would have a different perspective but with only one tag does it matter if I use it with a crossbow in September or a rifle in November?
Old 11-25-2016, 12:09 PM

If a zone is full draw it doesn't matter what you use. If it isn't then it does.

Split draws are proposed so one will truly have to pick their poison if it happens.

The days of using the same license/draw to hunt archery and general draw seasons could come to an end in certain areas.

LC
Old 11-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Banned

How many deer tags can you purchase right now when hunting with a bow? Just in this area alone.......General, 2 supplemental doe, 2 for the bow only zone, 2 for Strathcona.....That equals SEVEN deer within 50 kms of me! With the inclusion of crossbows in the archery only season does anyone think that it would all go to draw? I think not.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
How many deer tags can you purchase right now when hunting with a bow? Just in this area alone.......General, 2 supplemental doe, 2 for the bow only zone, 2 for Strathcona.....That equals SEVEN deer within 50 kms of me! With the inclusion of crossbows in the archery only season does anyone think that it would all go to draw? I think not.
Not talking about "bow zone" which you already know encorporates crossbow/muzzle loader/shotgun into a season also with multiple tags. Not everyone has access to land there.

Why do you suppose so many tags are available? Because access and huntable land is largely limited!

The split draw....is about zones that are currently draw.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-25-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not talking about "bow zone" which you already know encorporates crossbow/muzzle loader/shotgun into a season also with multiple tags. Not everyone has access to land there.

Why do you suppose so many tags are available? Because access and huntable land is largely limited!

The split draw....is about zones that are currently draw.

LC
The bow only zone most certainly does not include crossbows/muzzle loaders/ shotguns......check the regs.

Cherry pick much?
Old 11-25-2016, 01:43 PM

(Quote)"All bow hunters are trophy hunters...for all things taken with a stick and string are something to be proud of".

Just how bad to you want to twist this remark ?

How about "All hunters are trophy hunters" or "Only Bowhunters are real trophy hunters" or "only Bow Hunters are Elite Trophy Hunters"... or "only Bowhunters are proud hunters"

There are quite a few Critters running around with arrows hanging out on all parts of their anatomy that would question that original remark... making Bowhunters no more special than any other type of hunter.

Try SOME Bowhunters are true Marksmen/ Trophy Hunters.The rest need more practice, the same as rifle hunters.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
The bow only zone most certainly does not include crossbows/muzzle loaders/ shotguns......check the regs.

Cherry pick much?
Really? 248 where Strathcona and Leduc counties overlap certainly is a part of the bow zone....and you can use Muzzle loader/shot gun or cross bow to take an extra antlered deer if you like. Surely you know this?

Not a cherry pick it's a fact. Not my fault if you don't get out and seize the opportunity.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-25-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
"All bow hunters are trophy hunters...for all things taken with a stick and string are something to be proud of".

Just how bad to you want to twist this remark ?

How about "All hunters are trophy hunters" or "Only Bowhunters are real trophy hunters" or "only Bow Hunters are Elite Trophy Hunters"... or "only Bowhunters are proud hunters"

There are quite a few Critters running around with arrows hanging out on all parts of their anatomy that would question that original remark... making Bowhunters no more special than any other type of hunter.

Try SOME Bowhunters are true Marksmen/ Trophy Hunters.The rest need more practice, the same as rifle hunters.
Lol....put words in other people's mouths much?

The tag line is a comment to be proud of what you take no matter what the size because they are all trophies to those who have success.

Regardless of the method used to hunt there are always poor choices, poor shots, limits pushed, and game not recovered.

You can add what ever twist to your own comments.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-25-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
If a zone is full draw it doesn't matter what you use. If it isn't then it does.

Split draws are proposed so one will truly have to pick their poison if it happens.

The days of using the same license/draw to hunt archery and general draw seasons could come to an end in certain areas.

LC
Let's hope that's what happens. Best way to maximize opportunity where harvest needs to be limited.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Really? 248 where Strathcona and Leduc counties overlap certainly is a part of the bow zone....and you can use Muzzle loader/shot gun or cross bow to take an extra antlered deer if you like. Surely you know this?
Stop twisting things around to fit your agenda, Kris. You are bastardizing two completely different types of tags. It is wrong to say that crossbows/muzzle loaders/shotguns are included for the Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248), because they aren't. Crossbows/muzzle loaders/shotguns are legal to use with a Strathcona tag and if you hunt that portion of wmu 248 with a Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248) tag and using one of those things you are hunting illegally.

Strathcona White-tailed Deer $18.70

Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248) $10.70

You are quick to point out the opportunities for crossbows but completely ignore or twist around the extra opportunities for bows if it doesn't fit with your agenda. I find that mildly amusing.

Quote:
Well?
Old 11-25-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Stop twisting things around to fit your agenda, Kris. You are bastardizing two completely different types of tags. It is wrong to say that crossbows/muzzle loaders/shotguns are included for the Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248), because they aren't. Crossbows/muzzle loaders/shotguns are legal to use with a Strathcona tag and if you hunt that portion of wmu 248 with a Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248) tag and using one of those things you are hunting illegally.

Strathcona White-tailed Deer $18.70

Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248) $10.70

You are quick to point out the opportunities for crossbows but completely ignore or twist around the extra opportunities for bows if it doesn't fit with your agenda. I find that mildly amusing.

Well?
Dave try to keep up man...I find you wholeheartedly amusing

Nothing has been twisted...pointing out factual opportunities, that a 248 bowzone has SOME crossbow inclusion, in certain counties....sorry you have to drive to the other side of town to get in on the fun.

When talking about spit draws...not talking bowzone, because none of those deer tags are on draw. BUT there is moose both antlered and Antlerless where you can use a CROSSBOW (Oct 25-Dec 7) if you choose.

When talking about crossbow season inclusion...talking about part of the bowzone, you dig? Which allows for the harvest of 3 WT deer 1 which may be antlered....using are you following? Muzzle loader/CROSSBOW/shot gun/ or archery tackle. October 25-Dec7th.

Oh not to mention nearly the entire province is open right now for crossbow, have seen a couple great pics from crossbow loyalists but not as many as I had hoped.

You are quick to point out what you don't have while full ignoring what opportunities for crossbows you do have! Don't you have a permit anyhow to use them during archery season?

You are focusing on inclusion in the bowzone...of which there already partially is, I am focused on the discussion about inclusion in the ARCHERY ONLY SEASON, province wide.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-25-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:58 PM

Dave I have a feeling you did not know about this additional opportunity?

If you read what I stated I never said the "Antlerless deer tags". I said, a season with multiple tags....you made an assumption.... But I accept your apology in advance. I would never tell nor suggest to use the wrong tags for the wrong season or use a weapon that is not approved for a season.

Quote:

LC

Zone 248 where it overlaps Strathcona AND Leduc County you can use a crossbow for 3 WT deer, 1 may be antlered...other 2 ANTLERLESS. Between Oct 25th and Dec 7.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-25-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Dave I have a feeling you did not know about this additional opportunity?

If you read what I stated I never said the "Antlerless deer tags". I said, a season with multiple tags....you made an assumption.... But I accept your apology in advance. I would never tell nor suggest to use the wrong tags for the wrong season or use a weapon that is not approved for a season.

Zone 248 where it overlaps Strathcona AND Leduc County you can use a crossbow for 3 WT deer, 1 may be antlered...other 2 ANTLERLESS. Between Oct 25th and Dec 7.

LC
Maybe there is more X-Bow interest in the early
Parkland County "Archery Only" season than some of the crumbs provided in the later Strathcona and Leduc Counties.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Maybe there is more X-Bow interest in the early
Parkland County "Archery Only" season than some of the crumbs provided in the later Strathcona and Leduc Counties.
Maybe lobby your county to add crossbows/shotguns/muzzle loaders to coincide with the deer rut like they have done in Leduc and Strathcona? Hardly would consider that crumbs, some is better none. I would imagine the population density is very similar to Leduc and Strathcona.

LC
Old 11-25-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe lobby your county to add crossbows/shotguns/muzzle loaders to coincide with the deer rut like they have done in Leduc and Strathcona? Hardly would consider that crumbs, some is better none. I would imagine the population density is very similar to Leduc and Strathcona.

LC
Parkland County was open to that very idea just a few years back.... supported by F&W .There was a public meeting held (Holborn Hall) to provide input to the County from all interested parties. ABA stacked that meeting big time, by calling all members to be sure and attend...and they did... from everywhere. Gotta hand it to them, they sure came well organized with sheer numbers all the firepower they had , including Ms Remple. As a result the idea was abandoned by a then, new County manager and ABA retained their exclusive cherished early archery only domain and the rest got the crumbs. Maybe you remember that meeting.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Parkland County was open to that very idea just a few years back.... supported by F&W .There was a public meeting held (Holborn Hall) to provide input to the County from all interested parties. ABA stacked that meeting big time, by calling all members to be sure and attend...and they did... from everywhere. Gotta hand it to them, they sure came well organized with sheer numbers all the firepower they had , including Ms Remple. As a result the idea was abandoned by a then, new County manager and ABA retained their exclusive cherished early archery only domain and the rest got the crumbs. Maybe you remember that meeting.
Nope only been an ABA member for 2-3 years now, no personal knowledge of that situation at all.

LC
Old 11-25-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Nope only been an ABA member for 2-3 years now, no personal knowledge of that situation at all.

LC
The meeting is documented. I attended and what took place was almost unbelievable. Being well organized has it's merits if you want to obtain or retain something bad enough. Plenty of well known Archery Outfitters there as well .
Old 11-25-2016, 10:43 PM

The irony in pointing out the small primitive weapons zone in Strathcona county as a huge crossbow opportunity while wanting to preserve archery only seasons to compound and traditional bows province wide is not lost on me.
LC question about your camp wainwright primitive weapons season...are you using a crossbow or muzzle loader? If muzzle loader is it a iron sight flint lock or a high presision sabot with pyrodex? I guess the reason I ask is it seems odd to suggest that someone should use a crossbow when they could use a different weapon with a larger advantage.
So do you not think that the way you are looking at the crossbow to be selfish as you hunt with a compound bow yet you don't want to let others hunt with a crossbow which arguably has just as many disadvantages as advantages to the compound bow one of which seems to be the proficiency in which a cross bow is shot.
I was on your side of the fence and am closer to the middle now but I guess I had a relavation that I think the whole compound vs crossbow is hogwash.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
The irony in pointing out the small primitive weapons zone in Strathcona county as a huge crossbow opportunity while wanting to preserve archery only seasons to compound and traditional bows province wide is not lost on me.
LC question about your camp wainwright primitive weapons season...are you using a crossbow or muzzle loader? If muzzle loader is it a iron sight flint lock or a high presision sabot with pyrodex? I guess the reason I ask is it seems odd to suggest that someone should use a crossbow when they could use a different weapon with a larger advantage.
So do you not think that the way you are looking at the crossbow to be selfish as you hunt with a compound bow yet you don't want to let others hunt with a crossbow which arguably has just as many disadvantages as advantages to the compound bow one of which seems to be the proficiency in which a cross bow is shot.
I was on your side of the fence and am closer to the middle now but I guess I had a relavation that I think the whole compound vs crossbow is hogwash.
Funny enough, camp wainwright does not allow cross bows. Xbows have huge advantages over compounds - 5http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/5_Huge_Crossbow_Advantages/
Old 11-26-2016, 12:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
Funny enough, camp wainwright does not allow cross bows. Xbows have huge advantages over compounds - 5http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/5_Huge_Crossbow_Advantages/
I don't know a thing about the primitive weapon hunt in Wainwright but don't you think that a muzzle loader is a bit more of an advantage over a crossbow.....if they are in fact allowed?

So they don't allow crossbows because the are an advantage? That is funny.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
There is no irony in pointing out available opportunities, I hear so often...I can't use my crossbow. Why not? The general season allows it and in many places general season for the elk rut in September 17 or 23 start date. It's a CHOICE to not use it. Also in the Strathcona/Leduc season you can hunt till Dec 7, longer than most general seasons. Also moose in those area is on draw where a crossbow can also be used.

For the camp hunt, I am using my bow, but I have borrowed a muzzle loader (just in case) depending on the way the hunt goes. It's a hunt where they want some reduction of population. I did the camp hunt 6 years ago with the rifle and didn't shoot anything, I could have filled all my tags but didn't as I didn't see anything I wanted to shoot.

There is an area set aside for archery only, for the base hunt, I intend on checking it out as pressure will be less than the other areas.

Crossbows and shotguns are not allowed for the primitive weapons season on the base only bow or muzzle loader. I have a feeling the muzzle loader will ride around in the case for the majority of the trip and might make an appearance on the last day depending. I have never used a muzzle loader before and it was offered to me by my taxidermist to try out so I figured why not, maybe it will become my new favourite choice.

I want to make something clear, I am not against rifles (I own double digits of them) I am not against muzzle loaders, not against shotguns, not against general season crossbow use nor crossbow use with a permit. While I am able....I choose to use the bow, it's a personal choice. I don't suggest that using the bow is better than any of the other means, I just personally enjoy the challenges it offers. I have filled the freezer many years with the bow only, that's my choice to do so.

I also spend a significant amount of time shooting a bow and competing in all aspects and genres of compound archery, so it definitely is a passion if not an obsession of mine. There is no crossbows allowed at the ranges or competitions I shoot at for the most part.

I have also stated that heaven forbid I am unable to draw a bow due to injury or disability I will be seeking to get a crossbow permit. I enjoy the areas I hunt in the bow zone they have some special meaning to me, it would be upsetting to abandon them.

I just don't understand why so few who own and support crossbows don't actually use them when and where they can.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-26-2016 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I don't know a thing about the primitive weapon hunt in Wainwright but don't you think that a muzzle loader is a bit more of an advantage over a crossbow.....if they are in fact allowed?

So they don't allow crossbows because the are an advantage? That is funny.
BRL never said they don't allow them BECAUSE they are a big advantage. He said they don't allow them, and explained why a Xbow is an advantage over a muscular drawn bow.

Take up your issue with the base why they aren't allowed.

LC
Old 11-26-2016, 07:57 AM

Lefty .. I think everyone on this board is aware of your passion and proficiency with your tool of choice.. and good on you for being so dedicated to that choice.
What you seem unwilling, or not to understand, is that others wish to have the same opportunities to hunt the very special area - namely, the entire Edmonton Bow Zone with their choice of tackle at the same time as what is currently available to those with the same mind set as yourself. The Edmonton Bow Zone definitely is a very special place... probably one of the best trophy Whitetail areas in the Province, with plenty of Moose and Mule Deer available as well.
As such, it is not difficult to understand why some feel that they should have the special opportunities and early seasons reserved for themselves.
Try to grasp the fact that allowing some lesser "opportunities" for those with other tool and season preferences will not pacify their desire to enjoy the same privledges you have. You attempts to deflect the issue to the much less desirable options just don't cut it. If those options are so great, maybe you would like to trade opportunities with those less fortunate.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:09 AM

I think if people started to take advantage of what they do have, create an organization and a lobby....then they have a bigger voice. Seems like there is a reluctance to band together to try and make things go in their favour, easier to complain and point fingers than to show the passion for the method of choice.

It's easier to throw your hands up and say, "well I can do it where I want so I won't do it at all"

There is also a reluctance to recognize what opportunity DOES EXIST. Dave seemed to be unaware there was a 3 available tag WT season for crossbow within the bowzone limits (we all know the area you can), one of which could be antlered...the other two Antlerless

Glass half empty or half full is how I see it....many ways to look at the situation.

Admit part or your gripe is you are in Parkland County....likely have permission out that way and you want to hunt your back yard? I get that. I drove 35 mins to sit here in my tree stand this morning....so I travel to hunt the bowzone too. Ironically, crossbows are legal where I am sitting right now. All my permission areas in the bow zone they are legal.

Do you have permission to hunt in Leduc or Strathcona counties within 248?

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-26-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
There is no irony in pointing out available opportunities, I hear so often...I can't use my crossbow. Why not? The general season allows it and in many places general season for the elk rut in September 17 or 23 start date. It's a CHOICE to not use it. Also in the Strathcona/Leduc season you can hunt till Dec 7, longer than most general seasons. Also moose in those area is on draw where a crossbow can also be used.

For the camp hunt, I am using my bow, but I have borrowed a muzzle loader (just in case) depending on the way the hunt goes. It's a hunt where they want some reduction of population. I did the camp hunt 6 years ago with the rifle and didn't shoot anything, I could have filled all my tags but didn't as I didn't see anything I wanted to shoot.

There is an area set aside for archery only, for the base hunt, I intend on checking it out as pressure will be less than the other areas.

Crossbows and shotguns are not allowed for the primitive weapons season on the base only bow or muzzle loader. I have a feeling the muzzle loader will ride around in the case for the majority of the trip and might make an appearance on the last day depending. I have never used a muzzle loader before and it was offered to me by my taxidermist to try out so I figured why not, maybe it will become my new favourite choice.

I want to make something clear, I am not against rifles (I own double digits of them) I am not against muzzle loaders, not against shotguns, not against general season crossbow use nor crossbow use with a permit. While I am able....I choose to use the bow, it's a personal choice. I don't suggest that using the bow is better than any of the other means, I just personally enjoy the challenges it offers. I have filled the freezer many years with the bow only, that's my choice to do so.

I also spend a significant amount of time shooting a bow and competing in all aspects and genres of compound archery, so it definitely is a passion if not an obsession of mine. There is no crossbows allowed at the ranges or competitions I shoot at for the most part.

I have also stated that heaven forbid I am unable to draw a bow due to injury or disability I will be seeking to get a crossbow permit. I enjoy the areas I hunt in the bow zone they have some special meaning to me, it would be upsetting to abandon them.

I just don't understand why so few who own and support crossbows don't actually use them when and where they can.

LC
You know the point isn't about when and where you can use a crossbow in a general season, it's about a crossbow being legal to use in a archery only seasons or zones. The desire isn't to use a crossbow when more advanced weapons are legal to be used.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
You know the point isn't about when and where you can use a crossbow in a general season, it's about a crossbow being legal to use in a archery only seasons or zones. The desire isn't to use a crossbow when more advanced weapons are legal to be used.
Read the first paragraph of my last post.

Plenty of guys continue to use bows once muzzle loader and shotgun open up in Strathcona.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-26-2016 at 08:42 AM.