Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2008, 04:08 PM

i would take robin over dion in a heart beat....but i would trade ya steady stevie for dion....
Old 10-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Watch for a Roy/McIntyre tilt right off. Should be a good game.

Even as an Oil fan, I was always a bit of a Phaneuf fan. Particularly after he went out of his way last year to spend 20 minutes with my son.

Of late, however, his off ice conduct has been very disapointing. Read page 6 of today's Calgary Sun. He gets his coffee everyday at the Starbucks on Bow Tr and 37st. Go see for yourselves................ that's just the tip of the iceberg, just ask Reggie.

I would NOT want him on my team at this point in his life. He's still a kid with alot to learn, but...........

Here's to a great game tonight, and have fun Sir Brady!

Tree
Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Watch for a Roy/McIntyre tilt right off. Should be a good game.

Even as an Oil fan, I was always a bit of a Phaneuf fan. Particularly after he went out of his way last year to spend 20 minutes with my son.

Of late, however, his off ice conduct has been very disapointing. Read page 6 of today's Calgary Sun. He gets his coffee everyday at the Starbucks on Bow Tr and 37st. Go see for yourselves................ that's just the tip of the iceberg, just ask Reggie.

I would NOT want him on my team at this point in his life. He's still a kid with alot to learn, but...........

Here's to a great game tonight, and have fun Sir Brady

Tree
Roy will not fight Smackintyre Roy will go cheap shot some Oiler thats what he does. At best he will go after Zack and thats about it. So what was the story on Frankeneuf? Is page 6 in your paper like our SUN a gossip page???? Fill me in Tree....Im already planning the Flames Wheel of Excuses for after tonites games
Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

Yeah not sure what Doody was complaining about. I read that story.. Does he park illegaly when going to get his coffee?

Your right a bad role model.. Tree keep your kid away from that evil monster.

If thats the best you got...........

Wheel of Excuses.....
Yet another good one.

Go Flames Go

Jamie
Old 10-18-2008, 08:15 PM

But morre importantly than this jibberish is the Habs won again!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Hoochie Papa

Dustin Boyd got HAMMERED!! Ouch.

But that little Prust jumped right in on Macintyre. I was expecting him to get killed, but he did pretty good against that giant.

And yes it was a perfectly good hit I will agree, and Prust had no reason to jump in there.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post

Tree
As a Red Deer Rebel he was a cocky asshat, i doubt more money and fame did anything to help that issue. He used to get coffee every day at tim hortons, and i too would find myself there on a regular basis. He was a dick, and i am sure he still is.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:42 PM

ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Can the flames find an other ways to suck?
Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 PM

Move the puck, finish checks, provide puck support, and shoot..... ye shall be rewarded....... and get yelled at all the while, ...... PRICELESS....Calgarys prolly mighty pizzed tonite... Brady my man, what a game to be at eh??.... One big hit, one fight , one goal, and it was OIL till the end. Big momentem shift real quick. Enjoyed the game with my boy, popcorn, and a couple of cold Buds.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:01 PM

And cue the magical FLAMERS WHEEL OF EXCUSES

Will they Fire Keenan?
Will they bench Conroy?
Will they bench Kipper?
Trade Acouin ?
Blame the refs?

Or is it all Iggys fault?

This is so much fun I can hardly contain my glee. Nice that most Flames fans agree it was a big nasty CLEAN hit by Macintyre, Kudos to Prust for going with him. Cole was a force and Moreau had a great game. If Horc and Hemsky ever decide to show up its gonna be a fun year to be an OIL fan....

Just for you Jamie

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 10-18-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:07 AM

You kill me Kanon..., always ready man... tooooooooo funny....
Old 10-19-2008, 12:09 AM

well the first period had me pretty frustrated...looked like a pee wee team out there...so many give aways...bad passes etc. the hit and the fight (atta boy prust) really turned the game around. in the end i was very happy to see the oilers win. woot woot
Old 10-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned

Fun game to watch...
No panic button needed in the near future..

Tell me though, all you oil fans must have hated how the game was reffed.. Even I was starting to get ashamed. The Flames had the Refs on their side tonight and still couldnt do it. I wish the refs would stay out of good games like this.

Soft 3rd goal by Kipper, other than that a fairly solid night

Its a long season boys, and I still bet Calgary will be on top of the Oil come spring

That was a CLEAN hit BTW. And yes the fight should have happened.. I just wonder if we own a tough guy or what? Hats off to Prust. GUTSY move.. That monster had 75 pounds on him and prutst still got in a few shots. He would have gotten in more if his arms were longer. You have to wonder how he felt when he threw a couple and they couldnt reach. LOLOLLOL

Jamie
Old 10-19-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Fun game to watch...
No panic button needed in the near future..

Tell me though, all you oil fans must have hated how the game was reffed.. Even I was starting to get ashamed. The Flames had the Refs on their side tonight and still couldnt do it. I wish the refs would stay out of good games like this.

Soft 3rd goal by Kipper, other than that a fairly solid night

Its a long season boys, and I still bet Calgary will be on top of the Oil come spring

That was a CLEAN hit BTW. And yes the fight should have happened.. I just wonder if we own a tough guy or what? Hats off to Prust. GUTSY move.. That monster had 75 pounds on him and prutst still got in a few shots. He would have gotten in more if his arms were longer. You have to wonder how he felt when he threw a couple and they couldnt reach. LOLOLLOL

Jamie
never one to blame a game on the refs...but sometimes you wish they would just put it away and let them play....
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 AM

Yep props to Prust but homerism aside, I cringed everytime Macintyre pounded Prust in the ribs, but that was definatly the TSN turning point. I agree there is no reason to panic but I laugh when I troll the Flames forums and read the sky is falling. As for the reffing I wasnt all that suprised by it it evened up at the end, your team takes a TON of lazy penalties. We play the next 10 of 11 games on the road because of concerts and the CFR.......we needed these wins.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:12 AM

Man its been a long time since Edmonton has won its first 4 games. Purely great. The oilers are going to be a tuff contender considering they stay healthy. The kid line is amazing , We just need to work on the draws, and make more shots. Even when it came down to penilty trouble they mannaged to kill the penilty's , Its still young in the season , but I predict a deasent playoff spot for the oilers. Garon is on fire, that guy makes saves he has no business making. I think with the reasent move of Daryl Katz buying the oilers will help alot , keeping the key players. Like Kanonfodder says its gonna be lots of fun watching these guys this year. I also love the hockey theme by tsn, brillant choice , next to see what happens is Don Cherry and Ron mclean will be moving to tsn I smell it now.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Click your little red Flame shoes three times and say theirs no place like home.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM

Good start by the Oil this year....I wont comment o the Flames as I am already in a foul mood...
Old 10-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Click your little red Flame shoes three times and say theirs no place like home.
hahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahah

Best line Ive heard all week!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
If thats the best you got...........
It's not, unfortunately. For now, he will NOT be one of my son's idols.

Anyone else aware of the fact that games 81 and 82 are another home and home? Could be the hugest games of the year!

Go Oil, and good luck Flames. I hope you guys get things sorted out.

Tree
Old 10-19-2008, 06:41 PM

Where are all the Oiler haters now, sure its early but boy I recall how they all came out of the woodwork when the Oil missed the playoffs last year.....funny isn't it? How many of these guys were fans before the Flames Stanley Cup run? I remember going to the Oil game post Gretzky when we had zero superstars and 8000 fans in the building. You will pardon me if I relish this moment just a little
Old 10-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Hoochie Papa

I'm here. I will always be here with a full hate on for the Oilers. Their occasional decent play might surprise me, but I still hate 'em.

I think they have a pretty good team this year and might finish well in the standings, but that only fuels my hatred even more.

How can you tell when someone plays for the Oilers?

Cause Hoochie Papa hates them!!!

I'm watching you
Old 10-19-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Where are all the Oiler haters now, sure its early but boy I recall how they all came out of the woodwork when the Oil missed the playoffs last year.....funny isn't it? How many of these guys were fans before the Flames Stanley Cup run? I remember going to the Oil game post Gretzky when we had zero superstars and 8000 fans in the building. You will pardon me if I relish this moment just a little

They say in a marriage the spouse that is the most jealous and suspicious of the other cheating is usually the one commiting the sin.

Same thing with the quote above >>>> same people every year questioning the others of there loyalty's.Make's me wonder if they are true fans or are they just just trying to shift the focus from themselves.

I fought with every one of my friends who are oiler fans last night,went to bed p***ed off and lost 360$.Find me a bandwagon jumper who will bet on a team who have only won one game and have allowed 67 goals.

Jeff

I am up for the avatar bet if there is anyone else who is.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM

See you 2 freaks and Jamie are the FANS I know and loathe...but hey you know the type of fans I refer too I got them here in E town too. Im glad you stand by your team guys without doofuses like you I wouldnt have anyone to mock........I kid I kid ...... heres to another enjoyable year of mocking each others team Gents
Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
See you 2 freaks and Jamie are the FANS I know and loathe...but hey you know the type of fans I refer too I got them here in E town too. Im glad you stand by your team guys without doofuses like you I wouldnt have anyone to mock........I kid I kid ...... heres to another enjoyable year of mocking each others team Gents
But mocking edmonton is like mocking that kid who took the little bus to school.. Sure it's fun.. But is it fair?

Jamie
Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 PM

Kanon don't forget me as well You had me fuming last year with your San Jose cheering. I tipped my hat to you last year. you always were ready for the fight with all of us.....

Now for this season..........hmmm off to a weak start........we will turn it around. Let's just see what your team will do on this long road trip???????

The Flames will turn it around....It's gonna be a great battle this year between the North n South. That's what makes this RIEVARLY so great!!!!

Cheers Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
But mocking edmonton is like mocking that kid who took the little bus to school.. Sure it's fun.. But is it fair?

Jamie
Well I was banned from the short bus because I could spell Calgary without reminiscing bout the winter Olympics. So Im sure I can hold my own against my assward southern cousins. and MM I agree this roadtrip is pretty much going to tell me what kind of season its going to be for the OIL........
Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

Oct 19/08 Great day for the Flames

They didn't lose!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
Oct 19/08 Great day for the Flames

They didn't lose!!!
wasn't that by luck .

As I remember the flames were gonna break out there 3rd vintage jersey something about a rainbow emblem .
Myself I thought it would look fruity but they keep insisting it well here it goes here's the color scheme .

Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 PM

That already beats the hell outa the Flaming snot blown donkey they currently use