Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2017, 01:18 AM

Default Fly vs. Jerk

Ahh...my annual guilty pleasure. The Swedes/Finns put on an annual pike fishing tournament where they put 2 fly teams and 2 gear teams.

want to waste 45min? Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti566xpW82Q
Old 02-11-2017, 06:34 AM

Interesting concept. The fly guys have nice form with their casting.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-12-2017, 06:33 PM

I just found this show and have been enjoying it as well. It's the same concept as the more locally produced 39 hours from last year. And there's 7 whole seasons on Kanalgratis' channel, though some of the earlier ones aren't as good. Those pig shads the jerk guys use look awesome, as well as the wiggle tails from the fly fishermen.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:52 PM

The perch pro series is awesome as well. They have some huge perch in astounding numbers over there.

I love that channel and have watched basically every english episode they have. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has discovered them.

I do like the pike rod that Nicolas Bauer uses/designed and was thinking that I may need to purchase one. With a matching reel of course!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-Taco View Post
The perch pro series is awesome as well. They have some huge perch in astounding numbers over there.
Once we finally destroy the last of our perch populations we should import some good euro stock, and then hopefully manage them a little better =)

These guys have some of the best fly tying videos on the net, they take their time and show a clip of the action as well
Old 02-13-2017, 06:01 AM

I love fly vs jerk! Obviously I always cheer for Team Vision Sweden but the nice thing about that show is that all those guys are in it for general fun
Old 02-13-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
Once we finally destroy the last of our perch populations we should import some good euro stock, and then hopefully manage them a little better =)

These guys have some of the best fly tying videos on the net, they take their time and show a clip of the action as well
I agree on both parts haha

Awesome videos with very clear explanations. They also don't seem to be so "you have to use this material or else it wont work" either.

I hope one day that we will have half as many nice perch as they do but I highly doubt that will ever happen. Too many people spread out and not near enough enforcement and nowhere near harsh enough punishments. I hope I am proven wrong and a liar on that haha
Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM

Default Any Ideas for where fishing?

Hi I am hoping to get back into fishing this coming spring. Does anyone know where a good spot to fish in Rockyview county or Mountian View county is and what bait or lure is the best choice?
Old 03-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Awesome shows and some pretty interesting tackle that I haven't seen before. Definitely the best tournament show i've watched. That being said I haven't watched many tournaments.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:28 PM

Love the fly vs jerk shows. This winter it's all I've been watching haha it's inspired me so much I'm thinking of heading out to do some pike fishing as soon as the ice is clear. I wanna get out asap but it seems most places near Calgary I've heard of are closed until may. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:20 PM

That was fun... Thanks.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:35 PM

Fly Vs Jerk 10 finale was pretty crazy. right down to the wire!

Can be found on youtube (full season).