Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuart44 View Post

Speaking of banned and suspended members, why is astuart44 making more posts today than any time before? Profile says joined in 2013. All the posts are from today.
If you're here with good intentions, welcome. It if not, take off.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Speaking of banned and suspended members, why is astuart44 making more posts today than any time before? Profile says joined in 2013. All the posts are from today.
Lots like that on here. Theres a whole list of them. Signed up supposedly two or three years ago and now in 2017 with only a very few posts up till now they start posting. Next thing in several months they got posts into the 100"s. Gotta be returns from banned folks. What else can it be?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Banned

Default Ulterior motive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post

First day of spring?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 PM

I had a thread deleted when I gave an unfavorable review of a local gun shop (Edmonton). I purchased an expensive firearm and then was denied any help or service when it broke 2 months later due to a known flaw. I was even kindly told where to go by the owners of the shop. But I learned a valuable lesson, don't speak the truth about your experiences or you will be censored.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Lots like that on here. Theres a whole list of them. Signed up supposedly two or three years ago and now in 2017 with only a very few posts up till now they start posting. Next thing in several months they got posts into the 100"s. Gotta be returns from banned folks. What else can it be?
Looks like whoever just stepped it up a notch.

I show hundreds of threads locked in the last few minutes, but they aren't locked.

Hackers with a cause? Moles angry because they got outed ?

Who knows. It that's the worst they have, they aren't much of a threat.

Like shooting a Moose with a BB gun, from 25 paces. Might sting a bit if it hits a lip of other sensitive area, but ain't gonna do any damage.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
Just remove the "general" chat section,its a sportsman forum....no one cares about whats for supper,keep it going posts.I generally only look at the fishing section because I get irritated at some of the ridiculous questions being asked on general.I also dislike the fact that when someone says I caught this or shot this its instantly challenged by a "pics or it didn't happen" replies.I don't have a clue how to post pics or do I care to. I scan through ICESHANTY in many areas and see nothing but guys giving info on locations,depths,baits etc.
Had fish battered beer tonight ,, left a sour taste in my mouth,,beer must have been flat.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 03-20-2017, 11:39 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
Had fish battered beer tonight ,, left a sour taste in my mouth,,beer must have been flat.
Eeeeewwwwwww

Use it to wash your wifes hair. Leaves it soft and shining. Bout all it's good for when it goes flat.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandell View Post
I had a thread deleted when I gave an unfavorable review of a local gun shop (Edmonton). I purchased an expensive firearm and then was denied any help or service when it broke 2 months later due to a known flaw. I was even kindly told where to go by the owners of the shop. But I learned a valuable lesson, don't speak the truth about your experiences or you will be censored.
Ranting about a store even after you were in contact with the Browning rep was the issue not the store .
Pretty sure the owner told you to go to the company as the store does not do warranty work the gun was defective not the store you bought it from.
THAT is why the posts were deleted .
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-21-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Banned

Default Good Morning !

Happy Vernal Equinox ..y,all !
Old 06-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Banned

Default Bringing old thread to life

Here I am again searching through the forums for some info about a few WMU's I have drawn for and many of the members that had great info and would PM new people like myself, are banned!

Is there a way to maybe email them so it gives them a notification to email instead of here?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Banned

Seems like most of the banning involves silly threads that don't involve the outdoors.

When I joined the General Outdoor thread actually included mostly items of general interests to the outdoors - hiking, wildlife, conservation, political stuff do to with our issues, weather, equipment etc.

I have no interest coming on here to scroll through creationism, left-right politics, shopping tips on non outdoor items etc.

Its a private forum, so the owner and mods have the right to do what they want, but i think they are diluting the value of the board as a resource for outdoorsmen vs anything goes. Have you ever considered actually locking everything that has no outdoors value?
Old 06-11-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Here I am again searching through the forums for some info about a few WMU's I have drawn for and many of the members that had great info and would PM new people like myself, are banned!

Is there a way to maybe email them so it gives them a notification to email instead of here?
Members get banned because they do not the forum rules no matter how nice a person you think they are .

Maybe try Contacting some members here who are not banned .
Cat
Old 06-11-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma1 View Post
I used to have the upmost respect for how the forum ran until a thread I was participating on got locked. There was no reason other than the fact somebody in a position of authority did not share the same view in the thread. Thats censorship.
NOPE!
Its only censorship if the 'site is run by a gooberment.
The Sleazy C...I mean the CBC news 'site is a perfect example. They don't allow comments except for frivolous items, which means they won't consider politically incorrect comments from the TAXPAYERS who pay their parasitic wages.

This site is privately owned (so far) so it isn't "censorship".
Is it "censorship" if I tell you not to use foul language in my home when my little granddaughter is around?
My home is Private Property (so far) so MY rules apply.

BTW, swear you're off when we're among grown men, and having a few, if you want to, but don't do it when I tell you not to on my property when kids are around.
Again, that ain't "censorship".

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-11-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd View Post
Seems like most of the banning involves silly threads that don't involve the outdoors.

When I joined the General Outdoor thread actually included mostly items of general interests to the outdoors - hiking, wildlife, conservation, political stuff do to with our issues, weather, equipment etc.

I have no interest coming on here to scroll through creationism, left-right politics, shopping tips on non outdoor items etc.

Its a private forum, so the owner and mods have the right to do what they want, but i think they are diluting the value of the board as a resource for outdoorsmen vs anything goes. Have you ever considered actually locking everything that has no outdoors value?
Jeepers.
Some like it the way it is, seems to be working, some get banned because they crossed a line.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Jeepers.
Some like it the way it is, seems to be working, some get banned because they crossed a line.
Quad 8's for the cat
Old 06-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

How would you know they would PM new people. PMs are private.

If you are new to hunting as you claim, it does't follow that you would have recieved such PMs yourself. Unless you are here under a different name then before.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-11-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post

If you are new to hunting as you claim, it does't follow that you would have recieved such PMs yourself. Unless you are here under a different name then before.
You think that really happens on AO???
Old 06-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

Funny you should say that. You've claimed to have talked to me personally to another member. Which is something I don't recall. One of us must be senile, and I'm pretty sure that I'm OK. As for me, if I spoke to you personally, I likely would have told you to take a hike and a few other choice words. Likely because I can't stand you in the first place. This leads me to believe that your claims of talking or PM'ing other people are fantasy. Don't know whether my words are worthy of a time out, or a banning. But they are the truth out of a man's mouth who don't mind speaking it the way it is.

Last edited by gitrdun; 06-11-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Banned

.......who cares........
Old 06-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
.......who cares........
X100 "lock it up"
Old 06-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Banned

Default .

Heres my rant , everytime ya mention Chinese , or say the word Chinese , your acused of racisum and get an infraction
Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
Heres my rant , everytime ya mention Chinese , or say the word Chinese , your acused of racisum and get an infraction
Mention danged near any race of people that in a racist derogatory way and "paint them all with the the brush "so to speak and you can bet you will get a response fast!
Read the rules ........
Cat
Old 06-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
NOPE!
Its only censorship if the 'site is run by a gooberment.
The Sleazy C...I mean the CBC news 'site is a perfect example. They don't allow comments except for frivolous items, which means they won't consider politically incorrect comments from the TAXPAYERS who pay their parasitic wages.

This site is privately owned (so far) so it isn't "censorship".
Is it "censorship" if I tell you not to use foul language in my home when my little granddaughter is around?
My home is Private Property (so far) so MY rules apply.

BTW, swear you're off when we're among grown men, and having a few, if you want to, but don't do it when I tell you not to on my property when kids are around.
Again, that ain't "censorship".
your bypassing the swear filter. That should get you an infraction or a ban. A bit ironic doing that in this thread?

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-11-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Funny you should say that. You've claimed to have talked to me personally to another member. Which is something I don't recall. One of us must be senile, and I'm pretty sure that I'm OK. As for me, if I spoke to you personally, I likely would have told you to take a hike and a few other choice words. Likely because I can't stand you in the first place. This leads me to believe that your claims of talking or PM'ing other people are fantasy. Don't know whether my words are worthy of a time out, or a banning. But they are the truth out of a man's mouth who don't mind speaking it the way it is.
Good edit.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:

Keg seriously hop off of me. You are lucky I never took you to small claims for defamation and monetary loss. Due to your idiotism, I have lost money on YouTube as your gang decided to dislike my videos, causing them to go down in the search results. Maybe I should though and just stop talking about it.

I was never here under a different name, first time ever being on here and I started as a fisherman, not a poacher offering bear hunts as you claim.

And I don't know if they would pm people but if they said PM me and I will try to get you on some moose or sheep in that wmu, then maybe they helped. Who am I to know.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:18 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
And I don't know if they would pm people but if they said PM me and I will try to get you on some moose or sheep in that wmu, then maybe they helped. Who am I to know.
Seems like a lot of guessing but your complaint seemed to have inside knowledge.

What I really wonder about is why would you even need to ask for advice, you seem to have no issues learning.
In fact you seem to learn amazingly fast.

From never having hunted anything other then gophers by your house and target with a .22 pellet gun 14 months ago to
Quote:
My waterfowl count is 286 birds, that includes grouse, geese and ducks.
eleven months later.

How do you even clean that many birds!

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Seems like a lot of guessing but your complaint seemed to have inside knowledge.

What I really wonder about is why would you even need to ask for advice, you seem to have no issues learning.
In fact you seem to learn amazingly fast.

From never having hunted anything other then gophers by your house and target with a .22 pellet gun 14 months ago to eleven months later.

How do you even clean that many birds!
Do you really want to pursue this in court? You seem to have some mental block I guess that maybe someone needs to assist you in fixing.

I gave you a fair warning over pm, took this even higher and had a mod give you a warning and you still continue to have some sort of issue. What is your deal?

But do tell me please what is aho hard about having a high bird count? Oh is it that I can learn fast and you can't? I don't see a problem of me being a fast learner and intelligent to anyone else than you. You do realize that snow geese limits are 50. Shoot birds with a few hunters and your up in that number. Grouse are fairly easy to shoot as well, as they are practically anywhere.

TELL ME WHAT ELSE YOU WANT FROM ME!?
Old 06-12-2017, 05:41 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
That I can believe, what I don't understand is how you wound up on my contacts list.

I don't even know how one gets added to that list.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-12-2017, 05:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy Ewwwww drama

As the outdoor forum turns.....

Lock'er down Cat...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-12-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
As the outdoor forum turns.....

Lock'er down Cat...

I concur.....
Closed Thread