Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM

Default Boat Rentals/Fishing close to Calgary?

I am wanting to take my G/F out fishing this weekend for some walleye and pike. Does anyone know of a lake that is close enough for a day trip from Calgary that rents boats???

Not looking for anything fancy, just something to get on the water with.

The only place I can find online is Sylvan and I do not really feel like going to that lake as it is going to be a bit on the busy side for me, but I have the feeling that all the lakes around Calgary are going to be a bit on the busy side this weekend...
Old 07-29-2009, 02:19 PM

you can rent a boat from the convience store at little bow provincial park. You can fish in the creek there and should have good luck finding pike and probably some walleye too in late evening.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks alot nicemustang!!! We are going to try and get there this weekend. Hopefully it isn't too busy...
Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 PM

It will be busy, very busy. Long weekend and nice weather. They stopped taking reservations for camping on long weekends, so it's easier to get a site if you get there thursday or early friday. Might not be the best (those will be long gone) but it will be a campsite.

If not camping, then if you are going down just to fish, you can fish off the shore along the creek to the north end of the boat launch, off the docks at the launch, or at the spillway too, all the way around the NE side of the lake. Toss a pickeral rig out there and should have luck. Not sure how busy the boat rental is there either, I remember asking once a few years back and they had one and it was $100 or so for 1/2 day.