Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2020, 11:25 AM

Default Memories are short - O'Toole campaign

I got an email today from the the O'Toole campaign in the name of Fed DeLorey slagging Peter MacKay and exposing a "secret deal" to let some ex-Liberal into a position of power.

This is my response:
Hey Fred
Don’t be such a dumb ass
No matter what you think of Peter MacKay, slagging him does nothing to promote party unity which we need to defeat the smiling wanker currently sitting in the PM’s chair
Also don’t forget that MacKay came to a deal with Harper that allowed the Conservative Party – that would be OUR TEAM to take government for 11 years
I am not sure who you are trying to convince but if you are acting on behalf of Mr O’Toole you are not promoting his cause
Unquote

If these AHs don't stop trying to trash each other, we're in Turd land forever.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:15 PM

I would also send it to O'Toole as well as MacKay.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:00 PM

I got the same letter except it was a paper copy from the post office.otooles campaign seems to be doing the dirtiest campaigning of all the leaders imo.be interesting to see him try and unite the party if he does win the leadership.yes memories are short.without mackay the two right parties still wouldn’t likely be united
Old 07-14-2020, 10:05 PM

Ha! And I got a letter from the McKay crowd talking about O'Tooles support of a carbon tax. I can't stand any of them. When I got a call from Lewis's camp the other day asking for my support, I told the lady flat out that I would no longer support the CPC, and the only thing I will donate to is a viable separatist party. The CPC is just going to keep moving left and pandering to Quebec to try and garner enough seats to be In Power. The don't give a rip about representing the people who are actually conservative. They are all worthless.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-14-2020, 10:07 PM

I got my ballot the other day and the only thing that feels right is spoiling it right now. What a joke of a leadership race.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
I got my ballot the other day and the only thing that feels right is spoiling it right now. What a joke of a leadership race.
Totally agree. The few MPs that I felt would actually be good leaders, didn't run....Pollievre would have been the best bet imo. I've given up on the CPC. Not unlike Jay Hill.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/calgarys...ays-canada/amp

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-14-2020, 10:22 PM

I have spent the last week blocking phone numbers and unsubscribing from various e-mails. Once again, it's not choosing the best candidate, it choosing the lesser of the evils. Although I really don't like any of the candidates , I really don't want to see McKay leading the party.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:10 PM

Makay has the best chance attracting Eastern seats...and therefore more chance of forming Gov. Insuring a CPC win is more important than choosing a leader that can’t win.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Makay has the best chance attracting Eastern seats...and therefore more chance of forming Gov. Insuring a CPC win is more important than choosing a leader that can’t win.
This is it exactly
Old 07-15-2020, 09:33 AM

Default McKay

I joined the Conservative party this year so I could have a vote in the Leadership race. My mind was made up from day 1 to support McKay but I have now reached the point where I don't want to support any of them.

I recieved an email from the CNFA attributing the following statement to McKay.

“The goals of gun control legislation should be to ensure that... assault rifles and automatic weapons will be banned.”

This ensures he is removed from my potential leader list. Doesn't leave me with much for choices.

Phil
Old 07-15-2020, 11:34 AM

You know things are bad when you think Scheer is looking to be the best and you feel he should stick around.

LC
Old 07-15-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I joined the Conservative party this year so I could have a vote in the Leadership race. My mind was made up from day 1 to support McKay but I have now reached the point where I don't want to support any of them.

I recieved an email from the CNFA attributing the following statement to McKay.

“The goals of gun control legislation should be to ensure that... assault rifles and automatic weapons will be banned.”

This ensures he is removed from my potential leader list. Doesn't leave me with much for choices.

Phil
Hmmm aren’t automatic weapons banned already.watch mackays interview with the ccfr that should clear things up
Old 07-17-2020, 12:49 AM

I see that Rackmastr has received his ballot package.

I have not so I went to this page, https://www.conservative.ca/membership-check/ , inserted membership # and postal code and got this response, "Sorry, your membership # does not match postal code".

I'll be calling them in the morning at 1-866-808-8407. I would recommend that if you do not receive your ballot package by the beginning of next week you should do the membership test. Actually, you can do that at anytime, but it may explain why you have not received it.

Here is how the voting will be conducted.

https://cpcassets.conservative.ca/wp...1de2ee38db.pdf

As far as MacKay is concerned, I will not be voting for him period The reason IMO ist he sabotaged last October election by criticizing Scheer prior to the polls opening. Scheer actually won the popular vote but lost on the ridings. Had he won, MacKay's hopes of becoming CPC leader would be dashed and the prospect of the position of Prime Minister non existent.

I have been waffling on who I would support. For the most part O'Toole but once in awhile Sloan impresses me.

At first I rejected Sloan because I thought that he was too young, (<30) but then I discovered that he is 35. Young enough to appeal to the younger voters and brazen enough to appeal to the older voters. Might be an interesting "spoiled ballot" scenario. Right Rackmastr?

Nora Loreto 6:49 PM 8 Apr. 2018
Old 07-17-2020, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishpah View Post
I see that Rackmastr has received his ballot package.

I have not so I went to this page, https://www.conservative.ca/membership-check/ , inserted membership # and postal code and got this response, "Sorry, your membership # does not match postal code".

I'll be calling them in the morning at 1-866-808-8407. I would recommend that if you do not receive your ballot package by the beginning of next week you should do the membership test. Actually, you can do that at anytime, but it may explain why you have not received it.

Here is how the voting will be conducted.

https://cpcassets.conservative.ca/wp...1de2ee38db.pdf

As far as MacKay is concerned, I will not be voting for him period The reason IMO ist he sabotaged last October election by criticizing Scheer prior to the polls opening. Scheer actually won the popular vote but lost on the ridings. Had he won, MacKay's hopes of becoming CPC leader would be dashed and the prospect of the position of Prime Minister non existent.

I have been waffling on who I would support. For the most part O'Toole but once in awhile Sloan impresses me.

At first I rejected Sloan because I thought that he was too young, (<30) but then I discovered that he is 35. Young enough to appeal to the younger voters and brazen enough to appeal to the older voters. Might be an interesting "spoiled ballot" scenario. Right Rackmastr?
That's interesting as I've heard others that havent got their ballot yet. I'll pass it along to a few other guys who have mentioned it. I got mine about a week ago now.

Yep, interesting scenarios for sure!!!
Old 07-17-2020, 02:27 AM

If the CPC wants to win Sloan needs to be their man.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 07-17-2020, 08:01 AM

What a joke of a leadership race.

In a Nut Shell. Better resign ourselves to Turdeau as President for Life. Sad.

Grizz
Old 07-17-2020, 09:13 AM

Leslyn Lewis is the only chance to dethrone the Turd. Middle aged white guys have fallen out of favour with the liberal/democrat left wingers worldwide and those are the folks we have to get to vote conservative. I do like O'Toole but the timing can't be better to have an educated black lady go up against the racist black faced Trudeau.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
Leslyn Lewis is the only chance to dethrone the Turd. Middle aged white guys have fallen out of favour with the liberal/democrat left wingers worldwide and those are the folks we have to get to vote conservative. I do like O'Toole but the timing can't be better to have an educated black lady go up against the racist black faced Trudeau.
I refuse to vote for someone based on skin colour and sex. Watching her debate was enough for me to know she would be destroyed in a federal leaders debate. Unfortunately while she seems like a good person she just isn't up to the task.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Mackay is just another laurentian elite who spends way too much time in the hot tub with justine. If Mackay wins I will be voting independent in the next federal election.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
If the CPC wants to win Sloan needs to be their man.
Sloan is unelectable east of Saskatchewan or the west coast. This thread is a perfect example of why we are in for another Liberal Majority or two regardless of how bad they govern. conservatives are famous for eating their own and sabotaging their opportunities. MacKay is the only one of the pack that has a hope of beating the Liberals next time around.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Mackay is just another laurentian elite who spends way too much time in the hot tub with justine. If Mackay wins I will be voting independent in the next federal election.
Don't do that, as that is voting for the Liberals. Better to have a Conservative lead government even if it is MacKay at the helm than another 4 years of Turd lead Liberals. Remember that your MP has a voice in the government and he is accountable to his electorate first and party caucus second.

Nora Loreto 6:49 PM 8 Apr. 2018
Old 07-17-2020, 12:13 PM

I will vote for whoever wins the conservative leadership in the next federal election.anything is better than another term of Trudeau.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
No, the people you have to get are Gen Z. Lewis is just another sign of virtue signalling, and it'll fall flat. Gen Z's arent stupid and research everything. I think they may be mislead by some ideologies though. Which is why the CPC needs to elect the guy who's running on his beliefs, and can articulate them. Under Sloan the CPC would have a majority government, I guarantee it.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 07-17-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Sloan is unelectable east of Saskatchewan or the west coast. This thread is a perfect example of why we are in for another Liberal Majority or two regardless of how bad they govern. conservatives are famous for eating their own and sabotaging their opportunities. MacKay is the only one of the pack that has a hope of beating the Liberals next time around.
Sloan was elected in Ontario so that blows that theory out of the water. Sloan would destroy Trudeau and his ideologies in a debate. He'd have major support throughout all demographics as he's not a social conservative.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Sloan was elected in Ontario so that blows that theory out of the water. Sloan would destroy Trudeau and his ideologies in a debate. He'd have major support throughout all demographics as he's not a social conservative.
Elected in eastern Rural Ontario by less than 4% margin. He won when the Con vote increased by .5% over the 2015 election and the Libs dropped while the greens Jumped.

Hardly a cakewalk, and means nothing in the 905.

MacKay will likely bring the Maritimes and much of Ontario
Old 07-17-2020, 01:38 PM

Old 07-17-2020, 04:37 PM

Tough decision

#1 Lewis
#2 O'Toole
#3 Blank
#4 Blank.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Elected in eastern Rural Ontario by less than 4% margin. He won when the Con vote increased by .5% over the 2015 election and the Libs dropped while the greens Jumped.

Hardly a cakewalk, and means nothing in the 905.

MacKay will likely bring the Maritimes and much of Ontario
Well I won't vote CPC if anyone other then Sloan wins.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
You know things are bad when you think Scheer is looking to be the best and you feel he should stick around.

LC
X2. Well said
Old 07-18-2020, 09:56 AM

Automatic weapons are already banned and we don’t have assault weapons in the public’s gun safes. So, that statement means what, that he supports what we were already doing?