Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2020, 02:59 PM

Default Planters worts

lads, as much as I hate to admit it i have had these badly on my feet for many years, and painful as heck when sweaty. Really limits a fellow for hiking or working out.
Here to tell you of a fairly new bit of chemistry that is now out in the market place that removes this virus from inside of you. My feet are now 100 perfect, you cannot even tell I had a massive problem for many years.
Mot likely too many of you are going to publicly answer this post, so you can PM me and I'll tell you the Doctor who fixed me soo fantastically well. FS
Old 06-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Don’t feel alone Fasteel, I struggled for years with them. We’re battling them with my daughter now. No fun at all.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:51 PM

Extremely common virus, definitely nothing to be shy about, that’s great you got it dealt with!
Old 06-09-2020, 12:23 AM

Had to deal with some back in my Karate days. Best result was from some type of X-Ray. Also had one “scooped out”. Some guys had success using duct tape to cover a dab of wort remover.
OP ... why not describe what was done....no big deal.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:35 AM

I recall back when I had a hot tub that the bromine I used seemed to wipe them out when using the hot tub with some frequency. Tenacious things, its like they have a bloody tap-root.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:34 AM
Shooting Xs

Plantar Warts
Had them on the ball of my left foot going up the inside of my little toe.
Back in the early 70's they had a slightly more aggressive and intrusive way of dealing with them.
Doc froze that portion of my foot while preheating what appeared to be,for all intents and purposes,a soldering iron.
You can guess the rest,without much description of the accompanying aroma.

But,they never came back.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:54 AM

Find a Doc that uses liquid Nitrogen. You will have to be treated 4 maybe 5 times. Over the counter wart remover works for most warts, but the sole of the foot seems too thick to treat that way.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
Plantar Warts
Had them on the ball of my left foot going up the inside of my little toe.
Back in the early 70's they had a slightly more aggressive and intrusive way of dealing with them.
Doc froze that portion of my foot while preheating what appeared to be,for all intents and purposes,a soldering iron.
You can guess the rest,without much description of the accompanying aroma.

But,they never came back.
I got so frustrated with mine I heated a coat hanger red hot and did it myself. It worked but took a lot to work myself up to do it.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:24 AM

I’ve had good success with nail polish and duct tape. Cover the wart with a couple coats of nail polish, let it dry and cover with a piece of duct tape. The tape falls off in a day or 2 and the wart should be stuck to the tape. May take a few times on really big warts.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:58 PM

Bottle of whiskey and a cigarette I was desperate 👍
Old 06-09-2020, 06:35 PM

Robertson screwdriver head heated with a torch. Not for the faint of heart. Cleared up some the doc was having problems with back in my teens.

Dodger.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:17 PM

I had one that I had frozen 3 times with little to no effect. I finally got a doctor that gave me 40% salicylic acid which is more than double the strength of the crap they sell in the grocery stores. Then I spent 2 months alternating between burning my foot with acid and cutting the dead skin of and digging it out with a razor blade before I got rid of it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2020, 10:41 PM

Default Planters worts

I’ve only had one, but it was a complete pain to get rid of.

Soaked a cottonball in apple cider vinegar, taped it on over night.

Replaced with duct tape in the morning.

Duct tape falls off in a day or so.

Repeat this cycle until it goes away.

Took about 3 weeks, never came back.

This is after 3 months of freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2020, 10:50 PM

For some people a potato works, every night after a shower rub off any softened skin off the wart. Then take a WHITE potato, slice it and rub it on the wart. After it’s all starchy cover with a bandaid for the night. May take a few months but t does work, has to be white potato
Old 06-10-2020, 08:38 AM

I have a single planter wart on the bottom of my heel that is very painful. I went to shoppers drug mart and bought Dr. Scholl's Freeze away applicator. I froze it yesterday and the pain went away right away. It says it could take 2-4 treatments or a period of 3-4 weeks to have the wart die completely. It was 25 bucks and well worth the try before seeing the doctor.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:54 AM

My family has the CURE!!!.... I'm serious.

It takes time and dedication... but we've eliminated planters warts on three of my kids' feet and my wife's feet with this.

Follow these steps.

1. File callous off of planters wart.

2. Apply FRESH DUCT TAPE

3. Change out duct tape every day....

4. continue to file down wart... and possibly worry it with little pin *****s to allow whatever the heck miracle cure chemical is in the tape to get past the callous.

It is reliable..... my mom and aunts do it.... its pretty sure fire... ya just gotta stay committed to it.

It'll slowly go away-buy-buy...

then you owe me 1 small whiskey..... k?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-10-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshawn View Post
I have a single planter wart on the bottom of my heel that is very painful. I went to shoppers drug mart and bought Dr. Scholl's Freeze away applicator. I froze it yesterday and the pain went away right away. It says it could take 2-4 treatments or a period of 3-4 weeks to have the wart die completely. It was 25 bucks and well worth the try before seeing the doctor.
We’ve been using that spray on my daughter for months. It does not seem to be as effective as the liquid nitrogen a doctor uses. We’ve moved on to the compound w medicated bandaids. They’ve made the largest difference in the shortest time.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
We’ve been using that spray on my daughter for months. It does not seem to be as effective as the liquid nitrogen a doctor uses. We’ve moved on to the compound w medicated bandaids. They’ve made the largest difference in the shortest time.
That's good to know. Thank you! I read decent reviews on the product but was hesitate. I needed to try something and ducjt tape on the heel of the foot was a pain in the ass. Our son had mollusum contagism which are tiny white dots on his body. It was just under his arms. Nothing worked until we saturated some bandaids with apple cider vinegar. I was shocked at how well that worked
Old 06-10-2020, 11:28 AM

My solution.
Acquire Plantars Wart playing beer league hockey with the fellas.
Find new gal with a very evil bent.
Limp where she can see it.
Complain how the skate bothers it.
Find small stick to chew on.
Lay face down on bed nightly for a month while she picks it with a needle.
Cry manly tears, what else can you do.
Be happy it worked, it was only 30 nights of misery.
Make new gal a keeper, she saw you at your best early on.

Good Luck!
Old 06-10-2020, 01:31 PM

You can also put Compound W on it then light it. Burns like a torch for a bit and then goes out. Hang onto something 😁

Dodger.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:12 PM

Default Go to the Dr and freeze them off

Hi: Been there done that with my kids and swimming. The best, fastest, least painful way is to go to the Dr and have them nitrogen freeze/burn them off. It is covered under medicare in Alberta. Call ahead to the Dr to ensure they have nitrogen on-site. It may take a couple of treatments. Dr's can provide topical anesthetic for kids if they are sensitive to this.

Note: Jump on them when the wart is small, do not leave it until it gets big. Check your kids' feet regularly while they are in swimming lessons, or using change rooms, etc.

The only time this doesn't work is if the wart is in/under/around the toenail. Surgery is the next best option there.

Hoopi
Old 06-10-2020, 03:35 PM

Have had a few rounds of those, with myself, and family.

Worst was when I had a large part of my foot involved, from the ball forward and into the toes. Doctor said, "oh, those will go away on their own..."

They didn't.

Ended up having a dermatologist working on them for many months, coating them in the heavy-duty salicylic acid, then wrapping the feet, changing the bandages, then having him cut off the dead skin, over and over until the warts were finally gone.

For some he used the liquid nitrogen for the isolated warts, and that worked well too.

With the kids, we've been going to the local medicenter, and the liquid nitrogen treatment was all that was needed.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:29 PM

Default Plantars Warts

I had them on one foot. Doctor cut them off but they were back within a couple months. I used duct tape to finally remover painlessly. It took about a month or a bit more to completely remove. I've never had them back. Put new tape on daily.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoldbear View Post
I had them on one foot. Doctor cut them off but they were back within a couple months. I used duct tape to finally remover painlessly. It took about a month or a bit more to completely remove. I've never had them back. Put new tape on daily.
Could you explain a bit? I may need your recipe with the duct tape...
thanks
Old 06-10-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colvert View Post
Could you explain a bit? I may need your recipe with the duct tape...
thanks
Me too. I put duct tape on my heel but it wouldn't stick unless I like went up my ankle
Old 06-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Gone Hunting

https://www.healthline.com/health/duct-tape-for-warts#4

I used white medical tape years ago, worked for me!
Old 06-10-2020, 08:18 PM

Default duct tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoldbear View Post
I just put enough duct tape to cover the wart but with plenty around all sides for the tape to stick well. I changed it every day. It was very effective and painless.

I will never let anyone stick needles in my foot again. It hurts.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens View Post
https://www.healthline.com/health/duct-tape-for-warts#4

I used white medical tape years ago, worked for me!
Thanks for the link Ken. I try this treatment right away
Old 06-11-2020, 10:33 AM

Anybody get a response from Faststeel?

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 06-11-2020, 05:10 PM

I've had luck using Super Cold electronics spray

https://www.mgchemicals.com/products...-cold-134-403a

Or computer "duster" with the can turned upside down, which is also often HFC-134a.

Either sprayed directly on the skin in short bursts, or spray into a piece of Mr.Clean magic eraser and apply to the wart, which seems to work better.

Super cheap so you can reapply daily.

Last edited by Fatso1234; 06-11-2020 at 05:15 PM.