Old 07-11-2020, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Process Server
Like for a law firm..?
Old 07-11-2020, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
I know a few folks in the same position so wishing you the best. Questions -- Do you have any physical limitations like standing for long periods?
The employment you are looking for -- how many hours a week?
Are there any areas that you would not consider? Retail, driving, outside work in the elements
Standing for a long time might be iffy, moving around on my feet no problem. likely 25 hours a week, been a while since I had a real job, part time might be a good idea to start with, thanks
Old 07-11-2020, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
How can a person be a senior and be unskilled?

What did you do through out your life...where you a politician?
Close road warrior, did more than a million kilometers as a sales rep
Old 07-11-2020, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Advanced age? Unskilled?
Have you considered getting into politics? Most of them haven't worked a full day in their lives.

Don't worry if your background isn't slimy enough to make the grade. All you need is a few friends that will vouch for your unethical (bordering on criminal) behaviour and you will be a shoe-in for any Liberal or NDP riding association.
The pay isn't half bad and it comes with a full pension after 5 years service.

Personally, not working with the public would be high on my list of job criteria.
I have a fabulous voice, I know I could make an excellent male receptionist.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:20 AM

Farmers will be looking for harvest help soon. Long hours but mostly ass time operating machinery
Old 07-11-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Like for a law firm..?
Yes sir

Last edited by omega50; 07-11-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:55 AM

Amazon is hiring drivers for delivery. $22 per hour, write off gas and mileage. Usually start off with 3-4 hours worth of deliveries that take 2-3 hours to deliver. If you don’t feel like working, don’t reply to the offers. Usual time are 5-9 pm or 4-8 pm, 5-8 pm. Not sure how you get earlier shifts, but think that it has to do with seniority.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:16 AM

I can understand, working for a living is differcult. When we set up our retired fund and rest assured that we will have the money to retire along comes something to screw it up. I recently was informed that I made to much money to quaify for government assitance program, money that I earned myself and put away, after paying taxes on it. And some greep who has done nothing to ensure that he has a life after retirement does. But he has seen the world, forgot that, does not remember anything about it, but he has seen the world. Anything goes.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
I can understand, working for a living is differcult. When we set up our retired fund and rest assured that we will have the money to retire along comes something to screw it up. I recently was informed that I made to much money to quaify for government assitance program, money that I earned myself and put away, after paying taxes on it. And some greep who has done nothing to ensure that he has a life after retirement does. But he has seen the world, forgot that, does not remember anything about it, but he has seen the world. Anything goes.
A lot of financial advisers are scammers, nothing more. I know several people who ended up with substantially less in their retirement fund than they should have, including one who had less than the principal. the "advisers" on the other hand have gotten rich off the fees.

Grizz
Old 07-11-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Close road warrior, did more than a million kilometers as a sales rep
Why not go do some light sales again then?

Could do well in RV sales. Pretty much just work 4 good months a year... take winters off. If you are a half decent salesmen you can easily be supplementing your income during those months with an extra $5-10k+ a month
Old 07-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Amazon is hiring drivers for delivery. $22 per hour, write off gas and mileage. Usually start off with 3-4 hours worth of deliveries that take 2-3 hours to deliver. If you don’t feel like working, don’t reply to the offers. Usual time are 5-9 pm or 4-8 pm, 5-8 pm. Not sure how you get earlier shifts, but think that it has to do with seniority.
Yes, Amazon announced last week that they will now be hiring 600 full and part time people for their new facility in Nisku https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...struction/amp/ most reports are they are a decent company to work for.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Well as bad luck would have it I was hoping to live out my life with my savings, not working out so well. have no idea where you go to look for some basic employment, thanks FS
Did you recently get released from prison?
Old 07-13-2020, 01:44 PM

Default helpers

Thanks everyone for their excellent suggestions, I have applies at several places online over the weekend....FS
Old 07-13-2020, 06:33 PM

Shuttle driver for car dealerships or parts stores
Old 07-14-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for their excellent suggestions, I have applies at several places online over the weekend....FS
Hope it works out well for you.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:34 PM

Where do you live Faststeel??
Closed Thread