Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Default Left Handed youth rifles???

Good day,
I am refurbishing some old single shot 22 rifles, one for each of my kids. Problem is, my one son is left handed, and I don't want to start him on a rifle that will be harder for him to use.
Can anyone suggest a make and model in an older 22 single shot for a left handed shooter.
I could by new, but I would like to redo a gun specially for each kid.
Thanx in advance,
Ken
Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 PM

Only older left handed, bolt action, 22s you will commonly find are Savage, CZ and Anschutz. Prices go up in the same order. All good shooting, just better finnishes and some better accurracy on the more expensive ones. Best of luck, they are hard to some across but if you check here and Canadian Gun Nutz regularly you should have a pretty good chance of finding what you are looking for. Best of luck.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 AM

Gummy
you said the only one problem is he is left handed, what if it was you fault for being right handed..leftys are the new in thing...
As far as finding him a youth LH rifle I had a hard time finding my son something that fit. I went with a RH till he was out of the youth models and into a Tikka.
Good luck
Gramps
Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 AM

make sure you take the time to find out if he is left eye dominant before you start him down lefty road.take it from someone who is left handed and right eye dominant!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 PM

Nice one,
What I meant is that the problem is the three rifles I have are all right handed! I am ambidextrous for the most part, so he definitely gets it from me.no problem,just something to address.
Thanx to all for the info, it gives me a direction to go in.never thought of the dominant eye thing, will have to find out and go from there.
again, thanx for the tips
ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
Gummy
you said the only one problem is he is left handed, what if it was you fault for being right handed..leftys are the new in thing...
As far as finding him a youth LH rifle I had a hard time finding my son something that fit. I went with a RH till he was out of the youth models and into a Tikka.
Good luck
Gramps