Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-11-2010, 09:53 PM

Exclamation Ruger SR-22

I had my new Ruger SR-22 out for the first time today. I topped it with a Burris AR-332 scope. I quickly found zero at 50 yards thanks to a pile of dung. Gophers beware!

First thing that came to mind were need adjustable stock to get closer to the 3x magnified scope. After 10 deceased prairie poodles I start to hear a knocking sound. I look at my rifle and give it a little shake... THE WHOLE THING HAS COME LOOSE!!!! After no more than 50 rounds everything that can be tightened isn't!

My question is, has anyone else noticed anything like this? I have a Ruger 77/22 that hasn't ever given me any type of problem, ever, and now I am running a cool looking 10/22 and it falls apart. I put it away and thankfully I had a fun backup in a Savage Model 24F .22 Hornet/20 Gauge.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also does anyone know what size torx Ruger uses? I can't seem to find the perfect fit.

Thanks
Joe

A little pic.
SR-22 Small.jpg
Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 AM

I had mine come loose pretty quick too. I put thread tape on the screw and it works great now, no issues. Locktite would work too, but will need a drop every time or at least every other time. I wish all these screws were the same. You need to put together a small tool kit for cleaning. Its easy but could have been easier.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 PM

Default what came loose?

I have one and although nothing loosened off the barrel guard is not centered on the v block or barrel.
I recently took it apart to upgrade a few internals and don't recall any torx heads being involved.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Mine has torx holing the top rail to reciever. I think T15

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 PM

Hows that burris? it looks sweet.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 PM

There are torx that hold the top rail on. I forgot about those. Those are the ones you supposedly need to remove to get the gun apart which is not correct by the way if anyone's interested.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 PM

All torx were lose as were the flat screw and both hex. I got it all torqed up now with a little bit of blue locktite.

The Burris is sweet but I haven't really got a chance to use it properly. I love that it is 3x mag. I like that it can go red and green but when you turn the power off it is black.

I will be going out Saturday morning to take care of some gophers. I will let you know how it goes.

Joe