Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Spring bea

Default Spring bear first timer

HI. This is my first time for spring bear (any bear for a fact) I'm going to try the area around foxcreek i live 5 hrs from there and never visited, any pointers out there on the area or the hunt'n.

thanxs mountainman elkaholic
Old 04-13-2007, 10:48 PM
mountainman elkaholic

:rollin any tips or pointer would greatly appreciated by anybody thanxs >D 8)
Old 04-14-2007, 05:39 AM
bearbait

try the bigstone road as well a the kbob road..the kbob is right across the hiway from tags in fox creek...follow that to the plant by pass then 26 km to passcreek tower road theres alot of bears down there...beaware that there is gizz in the area so watch fo humps on the back of bears....you can also try the a pool road on the other side of iousigun hill.....
rob
Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Ice Fishing Maniac

Go down Secondary Hiway SH947 about 12km south of Fox Creek on HWY 43. Hit the lease roads, get close to the Berland River or further in past the Cheveron plant. The others listed would be good also.

Good Luck!
Old 04-14-2007, 01:35 PM
mountainman elkaholic

thanks guys for the tips.i'm pretty good at spotting grizzles and there by 2 of us so no worry's there. i'll check them out

thanxs mountainman elkaholic
Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 PM
bearbait

if you do go the 947 route take the anc road at the athabasca river theres endless roads and cut lines down there as well but alot more traffic....ps i drive tanktruck so please move over when u see us on the road as we can pull you from the ditch and we have to wait for a cat when we get stuck...im sure you knew that but guy just dont seem to want to get out of the way..
thanks
rob