Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
gunslinger

Default SHEEP HUNT BOOKED

Well bit the bullet and me and monstermuley will be in teh bonnet plume on august 30 doing a dall sheep hunt, this will be my bros 3/4 slam sheep so should be a good time.
anyone else got hunts booked for this fall anywhere.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
jrs

Lucky guys!! That sounds like a great hunt. I am saving up and would like to go up for a hunt in the next few years. That or i'll just move up for a few years :lol . Congrats on the booking, now you have the long wait till journey begins.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
gunslinger

and it probly a good thing so can work some of this belly off me i got over the winter.:lol
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
lethalconnection

Dont really have one booked but me and possibly this other guy i hunt with r gunna take 3 days off and go after some big mulies on our draws that we should get this year
Old 03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
sheep hunter

I'm booked for 2008 for Dall sheep with Pete Koser. That will be my 3/4 too if all goes well!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
GRTWHT

Default Sheep hunt

Good luck you guys! I hope you both connect with good sheep, and enjoy some great sheep country. I'm not personally going on any big hunts this year, but will be guiding for dalls, moose and caribou in the NWT this summer and early fall. I am getting the opportunity to guide a good friend of mine who got me into hunting when I was about 15 (some 17 years ago). Now It's my chance to return the favor, should be a great hunt that I'm really looking forward to.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
gunslinger

oh you will do good sheep with pete, best of luck bud
Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
monstermuley

Everyday I wake up and start thinking of glassin them suckers on the mountain. Boy I can't wait. I can picture us coming over the mountains in the 206 dropping in to land and get started. I am gonna look like a real clown when I get there with my 5 day perma grin. Got my new swaro HD scope the other day so I cam good to go.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM
getasheep

Okay, so it took some work, but the court has granted all of you guys official Uncle status to me. And as your favorite nephew I am stoked for our trip.

Talk to you soon Uncle Gunslinger and Monstermuley!!!

ha ha ha

I goes without saying that we will require pictures and stories when you get back!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:04 PM
bullgetter

Gunslinger, mind if I asked how much? Chris does not have a price list on his website. I went in 2005 for 14,000 US but now I have to go back!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 PM
BrownBear416

Me and my bro are booked for New Mexico Antelope.:eek
Old 03-29-2007, 08:29 AM
gunslinger

we payed the same,
i have been dreaming of going to new mexico for the antelope. i hear thats the best place to hunt them.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
monstermuley

I was just looking into going on an antalope hunt, Thanks to CMFIC1 that will be my destination also, there or arizona.

Good luck man.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
BrownBear416

Default Antelope Hunt..

Yes we have been waiting for this hunt for sometime and hope to kill a couple of giants.We are booked with Tony Grimmet of Pronghorn Guide Service.They are the best in the business,so check out there website.

Thanks for your comments and good luck with the sheep hunt.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:37 PM
packhuntr

Default Re: Antelope Hunt..

Oh man, love hunting goats. Ya, should be an awesome hunt. Got a bun in the oven, due soon. My dream hunts are dust in the wind now!! Hope ya take a couple rockers.
keep a strain on er.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:12 PM
gunslinger

brown bear which hunt did you book with tony, the gold or silver,you are talking about in new mexico arnt you,
Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
BrownBear416

Gunslinger...we booked the silver hunt and we will be hunting Northern New Mexico.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:45 PM
gunslinger

you bet i cant wait to hear from you because this is the hunt me and monster and doing next year i guess.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
BrownBear416

Thanks gunslinger and I will for sure post pics and story after the hunt.

If you can afford it the gold hunts are where they kill most of there 90 inchers (six in one day last fall:eek ) but Tony said this year with the amount of moisture that northern NM is going to have some great bucks.So we are hoping the hunting gods are watching out for us.:lol
Old 03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
gunslinger

oh for sure brown and i dont know about you but i havnt hunted emough of them to be able to judge one that big anyway.:rollin :rollin ,,,if the guide says shoot theres gonna be bullets blazing,,,
this is one of the animals i need to finish the north american grand slam, hopefully get my sheep then its down to 7 animals to finish er off.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Who you kiddi

Default Who you kidding?

"but i havnt hunted emough of them to be able to judge one that big anyway."

i would bet a year of hunting that you havent hunted them one day in your life!! just like all the other hunting you claim to have done...your pretty green at it by the way u post. and i know for a fact you dont have near the guiding andhunting experience you claim to have. what is it? 3 seasons in the north and 1 for black bears

7 animals left???? give us a list of what u have shot!
Old 03-31-2007, 01:17 PM
packhuntr

Default Re: Who you kidding?

Hey doubtful, you sound pretty smart. Lets see if youve ever judged an antelope. What are the three things, in order, you need to look for when your lookin for a high scoring goat????:rolleyes
Old 03-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Rackmastr

That ones easy.......mass, mass, and mass......heh
Old 03-31-2007, 02:15 PM
packhuntr

Ya Rack, that about covers her!!! If ya can find that, you got half the battle. Not a whole bunch else to look at on the little buggers.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
BrownBear416

Default Antelope Hunting.

Doubtful you little Pr**k,go play in the traffic.:rolleyes

Prongs are also important on Antelope.

On PGS video ( size is everything) they have video of a buck they named sticks that is 22 inch's long.:x

I cant wait for my next archery Southern Alberta Buck tag.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:08 PM
packhuntr

Default Re: Antelope Hunting.

Havin a hard time trying to picture a 22 inch goat. Unreal. Have anything else goin for him?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:13 PM
gunslinger

always gotta be some jerk that peeves everyone off, ive guided in the north for 5 season there pal,4 in bc and 1 in the yukon, hunted in africa,artic, bc,yukon,alberta sask,mexico.
my dad raised us in the hunting industry, he has been a taxidermist for 25 years, our family lives for hunting right from the kids to grandpa,we own 60 outfitting tags in alberta, and as far as my animals i have shot heres your list you little trouble maker.
this is a good thread about us getting geared up for our next hunts.
elk,moose,whitetail deer ,mule deer,polar bear,black bear,grizzly bear,mountain goat,cougar,plains buffalo,barren ground caribou, central barren ground caribou,lynx,
missing-- muskox,walrus,4 sheep,antelope,and brown bear.
Also shot 11 different animals on my african safari.
am proud of what i have been able to do and jsut like to hear what others are hunting.
besides i post jsut about every one of my trophies on here and have for the last couple of years, wheres any of your pictures, am DOUBTFUL there is any.
CANT WAIT FOR THE REGISTERED MEMBERS ONLY.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Rackmastr

22 inch goat?? YIKES....I've seen an 18" goat in a pic and they are crazy lookin......
Old 03-31-2007, 05:31 PM
BrownBear416

Default Sticks.

Gunslinger you dont have to prove anything as we have all seen your pics and read your stories.

The buck they called sticks had everything,i have a pic if someone will post it for me.The pic, although it is not great quality like the video footage will at least give you an idea of how it would be to see a buck like this
:eek
Old 03-31-2007, 06:39 PM
gunslinger

Default Re: Sticks.

brown what can a guy expect on this hunt, i today have been chekcing into the scoring of the antelope and woudl love one of them wide ones, have you killed a few of them already. i am going ot order that video as well, jesus i am getting excited about hunting these antelope, especially when a guy has a chance at a real dandy, by the looks of the pictures on his website,,,
brown what gun are you taking on it and is it hard to get a permit to get them over there.