Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Moose Lake / Cold Lake Photos

I just returned from a week of holidays at our family cottage at Moose Lake. As usual, the fishing was good. My daughter caught her first fish (with a bit of help from her Mom) She actually hooked it herself and got it about half way in before she needed help which I thought was pretty good since she isn't even three yet. It's not exactly a lunker. Here are few photos:

Jada and Momma trolling along:

Fish on!:

Successfully landed. Dad is proud - Daughter not sure what to think:

My Dad with a nice Walleye the next day:

My Daughter and her cousins with another nice Walleye (It wasn't caught with the spoon in the photo - she just wouldn't hold it up on its own):

My Mom with a nice Cold Lake Laker:

Lots of fun and great to see the smiles on a kids' face when they catch one.

Chet

Last edited by Chet; 07-09-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Chet, that is one awesome report and pics!! Thanks for the report. Even if there were no fish it would be a good report just based on your family. That pic of your dad with the pipe is classic. Reminds me of my grandfather who often fished with a pipe as well. Pics of the kids are all great. That laker your mom has is one heck of a fat fish! What did it weigh?

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
-NDN-

nice going Chet, fishing and family go hand in hand. did the little one catch any more fish than that?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM

SNAPFisher,

Quote:
That laker your mom has is one heck of a fat fish! What did it weigh?
That Laker was about 17lbs I believe. It's nice to see Cold Lake producing those healthy Lakers.

Dad doesn't get too far from his pipe when he's fishing. I gave it a try a few years ago and I was greener than that pike.

Thanks for the comments. I laugh when I see that pic of my daughter holding that Mickey Mouse rod. It is the only rod she would use. I think the Rapala I had tied on was worth more than the rod.

I didn't make it up to Seibert as I had planned. I'll try again in August.

Chet

Last edited by Chet; 07-09-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:49 PM

NDN,

She did catch a couple more but she got tired of reeling and mostly just wanted to "pet" them after we landed them.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the pics Chet. It certainly looks like you guys had an awesome time. Good on ya for introducing the kids to the outdoors! It's great when everyone can participate in such a fun pastime. Take care, and I hope to add pics like that soon enough!

Tree
Old 07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

First of all good job with the kids chet,,, thats what its all about.. Remember the family that fishes and hunts together stays together...
Second of all good job on the fish,,, I love the big laker,, as you may remember from some of my previous posts I love chasing Lakers and that is one fine specimen... That spoon you're daughter is holding the Walleye up with is one of our top producers as far as spoons go for Lakers.....
Keep up the good work with the family....
Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Awsome report chet. Thanks for sharing. Some healthy looking walleye. The laker looks obese, nice fish.

Fantastic saying walleyes. I will remember it.