Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-25-2020, 08:24 AM

Default Low tear paper tuning issue

I bought a 10 year old Diamond Razor Edge at garage sale this year as my introduction into archery. After lots of reading and YouTube watching I attempted to paper tune the bow. The arrow spine is appropriate for the bow poundage and draw length as far as I understand. No matter how much I adjust the rest or move the d-loop up I'm getting a low tear.

I'm standing about 6 feet away from the paper when I shoot and there's plenty of room behind the paper for the arrow to clear before reaching the target. I've tried really hard to be mindful of my grip when shooting as well. I'm shooting carbon express XSD 250's (400 spine) at 50 pounds at 29" draw. 100 grain field point.

When I bought the bow in took it to my local shop to make sure it was safe to shoot and that the cams were in time. I'm at a loss on what is left to adjust or tune to get this thing to shoot properly when paper tuning. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Even if it means that the bow is just garbage. If that's the case it'll go away until the kids are old enough to do some target shooting.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:06 AM

Have you checked your nock for pinch, or maybe it's twisting on draw or not aligned with the rest properly?

How to Correct a Low Paper Tear Part 6/11 - YouTube
Old 09-25-2020, 09:20 AM

apparently some bows like the top cam to fire a bit earlier than the bottom, by adding a twist to the top cable.