Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Default Fly in fishing to North/South Leland Lake

Has anyone been to either of these lakes through Andrew Lake Lodge and Camps? We are thinking of booking one of these trips for end of june 2011.

thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM

My bud from college guides at Andrew lake, says its amazing fishing. If you have the money, get er done.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 AM

I have only fished it in the fall of the year..when the lakers are in tigjt to the shoreline...the fishing was awesome,with all the species looking to bulk up for winter.the pike in the spring should be great..we found the lower a better producer..if you like hunting take a bear tag..lotsa color phase bears..
Old 12-02-2010, 02:27 PM

I saw the biggest Pike at South Leland. It took a smaller pike that was hooked right at the side of the boat, three of us in the boat looked at each other just stunned and couldn't believe what we just saw, i am just glad i wasn't reaching down to grab the 4-5lber by the back of the neck. We spent a lot of time on the south end close to where that little bay opens up on the west side......there is kind of a large flat there that quickly drops off.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the response. We are going the end of June so I believe the lake trout will be in shallow, and the pike will be feeding heavy too. The ice I am told comes off mid june. Does the south have a good setup of 6 guy's, it looks ok from the web site. I am looking to get some topo maps of the area to pick out the spots
thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh35 View Post
Thanks for the response. We are going the end of June so I believe the lake trout will be in shallow, and the pike will be feeding heavy too. The ice I am told comes off mid june. Does the south have a good setup of 6 guy's, it looks ok from the web site. I am looking to get some topo maps of the area to pick out the spots
thanks
We were they the first part of August and it was non-stop so i imagine you'll do alright. The set up is definatley not the Hilton, but if you have enough booze it will do the trick.

Just print off a hydro map of the lake on anglersatlas.com and fish the flat shallow bays that are adjecent to shelfs and deep water.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh35 View Post
thanks
Keep in mind that ice off can change year to year based on the weather. I fished a lake up that way this year and the ice apparently came off in early May. I was there in mid June and the lakers were already down 40-60 feet. The pike fishing was really good, especially in the evenings.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Ya, we will see what kind of winter we get! A guy can always pack the down rigger. I was looking for a good map of the lake and the one on the link a few up was not that great does anyone know where to find one.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 04:09 AM

Default Lake Maps

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the interst in our fly-in fishing adventures.

See the link below for maps of all 5 of our Alberta and Northwest Territories Lakes.

http://www.andrewlakelodge.com/lakemaps.htm

To those have been up before, we thank you and look forward to seeing you all again.

To those considering a first trip - We have a lot of different options to offer. Please contact us for all the information on which lake and adventure may be best for you.

Presently we have new advance booking specials and will also be adding new aircraft to our fleet.

The 2011 season starts in only 154 Days!

Thank you,

Dan Wettlaufer

780-464-7537
dan@andrewlakelodge.com
www.andrewlakelodge.com
www.lynxtundralodge.com
Old 12-19-2010, 08:18 AM

I would recommend Lake Athabaca. Hands down the best lake in that area. Lakers up to 100 pounds and lots of 50 inch pike roaming around....
Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default nah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety D View Post
I would recommend Lake Athabaca. Hands down the best lake in that area. Lakers up to 100 pounds and lots of 50 inch pike roaming around....
great lake yes, but dont excpect to catch lakers up to 100 lbs!! lol. that big 102 lb (i think) was a freak fish, it had no sex organs so it grew to a ridiculous size. it was caught by a commercial fisherman.. probably a 70 lber or two swimin around but dont expect to catch a 100 lber! 100 lber lakers are dead in athabasca!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 PM

I have been to both south and north leland in june and we always do well for all species with no downrigger required. Going to north leland in early june again, cant wait!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Default Lynx Lake

If there is a group to join or anyone interested in going to Lynx Lake please pm me. I would love to go again!!!!!!!!!!

B.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 AM

Were booked at North Leland as well, June7-12. When are you there?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:30 PM

We will be there june 5-10. See ya there!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:35 PM

Default South Leland trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by big stack View Post
I have been to both south and north leland in june and we always do well for all species with no downrigger required. Going to north leland in early june again, cant wait!
Hi a team of six of use are off to South Leland lodge first week of June and would be grateful of any hints, tips and tackle musts!!

Wayne
Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM

Default South Leland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homequest View Post
Were booked at North Leland as well, June7-12. When are you there?
Hi mate a team of 6 of us are heading to South Leland the same week so any info or suggestions would be more than welcome

Wayne