Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-24-2011, 08:53 PM

Arrow Shore fishing

Hi guy's

I'm looking for some shore fishing spots with in 2h's from Edmonton. I'm not looking for the "big one", just a decent place. Near a river would be great but you are the one's that can answer my question.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesofluk View Post
Hi guy's

I'm looking for some shore fishing spots with in 2h's from Edmonton. I'm not looking for the "big one", just a decent place. Near a river would be great but you are the one's that can answer my question.
Does it have to be near a river or can it BE a river?
Welcome to the forum

NSR = North Saskatchewan River
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Welcome

If your looking for shore fishing in the Edmonton, try the river. It is a great and often overlooked fishery. There are alot of great spots within the city limits. Hermitage park is great if your looking to kill an evening or afternoon, there are two choices for fishing there. The larger of the ponds is stocked with rainbow trout, there only about 8", big, but can be fun. Just down fron the ponds is the river, and a great spot, there is a small sand beach on the right hand side of the outfall, and all along there can be great fishing, walleye up to 13 lbs, poke to 6 lbs, goldeye to 2 lbs, with whites, and suckers, and sturgeon there as well. The mouth of the sturgeon river can also be good, got a rare find there last night with a 15 lb pike, and a fat 4lb walleye. You may also want to try chicacoo, and sour lake for rainbow and brook trout. Also a great place is on the Athabaska river and the mouth of the freeman. Good walleye fishing. Hope this helps you out, pm me and maby show you some spots.