Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 PM

Default Did Bullshead winter kill

Suposed to be heading out to bullshead for 3 days of fishing. Sounds like this lake is toast from what I have been hearing. Is Michelle lake any better? Can anyone confirm what up with this lake I have been looking forward to this trip for months. Sounds like I am in for a waste of time and money trip. Thanks for any input.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
Suposed to be heading out to bullshead for 3 days of fishing. Sounds like this lake is toast from what I have been hearing. Is Michelle lake any better? Can anyone confirm what up with this lake I have been looking forward to this trip for months. Sounds like I am in for a waste of time and money trip. Thanks for any input.
Neither winterkilled. Bullshead can be tricky, are u fishing from boat or shore? Chuck out some PB at Michelle and you will catch many fish...if they're biting.
Check weather and wind forecast before u come, weather can ruin your trip just as much as slow fishn', and there is no hiding from the wind at either lakes.
Cheers n GL
Old 05-24-2011, 11:54 PM

Thanks Fishfinder. It's not my first time to Bullshead. I have been out there around mother's day 4 years in a row and have had 40 fish days. But this year seems to be different. I know the weather might be crap and if it is I will be on shore. I have done best from shore anyways. I always cronamid fish. It's just that I have been hearing reports of a lot of dead fish on shore. That made me kind of nervous. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
Thanks Fishfinder. It's not my first time to Bullshead. I have been out there around mother's day 4 years in a row and have had 40 fish days. But this year seems to be different. I know the weather might be crap and if it is I will be on shore. I have done best from shore anyways. I always cronamid fish. It's just that I have been hearing reports of a lot of dead fish on shore. That made me kind of nervous. Thanks for your help.
PM incoming then I'm going to
GL!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Default Bullshead

I fish Bullshead quite often. This has been the slowest fishing ever. I don't think it winter killed but a lot of the fish went over the spillway due to the high water. Some guys counted up to 500 (of the newly stocked fish) going over in one hour. I was out last week and fished for 3 hours and had 2 bites and no fish. A few people caught 1 or 2 but not 30 or 40 like past years. I'm not sure about Michel but plan on going out there if the rain ever quits.