Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-04-2011, 03:07 AM

Default millet scope t3 lite 300 win mag

i am having problems keeping my scope level on this gun... tried everything i can think of... loctited rings... torqued correctly and evenly, even down to a wrap of electrical tape under the rings to try better clamping... I cant keep this scope tight in the rings. its a 6.5 - 25 X 56 Millet LRS-1 Tactical scope witht the 35 mm rings on a Tikka t3 lite 300 win mag... Anyone know of any other 35mm rings that work better? and advice
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.miller View Post
i am having problems keeping my scope level on this gun... tried everything i can think of... loctited rings... torqued correctly and evenly, even down to a wrap of electrical tape under the rings to try better clamping... I cant keep this scope tight in the rings. its a 6.5 - 25 X 56 Millet LRS-1 Tactical scope witht the 35 mm rings on a Tikka t3 lite 300 win mag... Anyone know of any other 35mm rings that work better? and advice
On my browning of the same caliber with the LRS, I run the vortex mounts. Works perfectly so far.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Not sure of the make of my new scope rings but they have 6 set screws per ring. I had the same problem before I switched them at P&D. My scope would float every time I pulled the trigger. I too am firing a T3 lite 300 win mag. I had them changed 2 years ago and never had to do anything with them since.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRoadHunter View Post
Not sure of the make of my new scope rings but they have 6 set screws per ring. I had the same problem before I switched them at P&D. My scope would float every time I pulled the trigger. I too am firing a T3 lite 300 win mag. I had them changed 2 years ago and never had to do anything with them since.
The LRS comes with 6 bolt per cap "tactical" style rings. The vortex make them look cheap in comparison, despite having only 4 bolts per cap. Need to see in person to understand though.

The Millet's come with really tall rings, sits an already big tube (35mm) pretty high off the rifle.