Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 PM

Default Cool Fall Walleye!!

Had a great day/evening on the north saskatchuwan river. Weather was little harsh but we figured might aswell get used to it...

So in total I believe we pulled 8 with several miss-fires.

All in all awesome day nothing like getting out with a buddy and cathcing some fish. Really what else was I going to do today... work?....lol.

Any guess on weight of his NICE one at the end of the night?

I still say 6+ but we only gota legnth around 24"
Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 AM

Pretty tough to reach 6 lbs on a 24 inch walleye. Looks to be in the range of 4 to 5 lbs in my opinion. A nice eye none the less a classic example of fall NSR fishing. Good job!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 AM

4lbs my guess
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 AM

Nice fatty. Good job. Too bad you should'nt eat any nsr fish, but lots of fun. OK, lets say 4 to 6 lbs. Done deal.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 AM

Bwahahaha that pic makes it look like I have crazy eyes!

It was definitely a great day out on the river, despite the weather conditions. Having a nice little fire beside us while we fish helps

Things started off pretty slow...there wasn't much of anything happening during the day, until probably around 5 when we started flipping jigs out and got a couple that way. Then as soon as it got dark they really started going after the bait.

Sure beats a day at work

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Bwahahaha that pic makes it look like I have crazy eyes!

It was definitely a great day out on the river, despite the weather conditions. Having a nice little fire beside us while we fish helps

Things started off pretty slow...there wasn't much of anything happening during the day, until probably around 5 when we started flipping jigs out and got a couple that way. Then as soon as it got dark they really started going after the bait.

Sure beats a day at work
That was alot of fun Jay!! Hopefully there a few more decent days left and we can get out again with out bringing the ice auger (not thats a bad thing).

As far as the weight I'm no expert on walleye but they sure are chunky out of there I think 5lbs is a fair guess.

Next time I won't leave the scale in the truck!!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
That was alot of fun Jay!! Hopefully there a few more decent days left and we can get out again with out bringing the ice auger (not thats a bad thing).

As far as the weight I'm no expert on walleye but they sure are chunky out of there I think 5lbs is a fair guess.

Next time I won't leave the scale in the truck!!
Yeah man, we'll definitely have to get out there again before freeze up. The nice thing about the river is you get a little extra time before she freezes

And I've seriously been considering buying myself a scale after a couple of the fish I've pulled out of that spot.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Had a great day/evening on the north saskatchuwan river. Weather was little harsh but we figured might aswell get used to it...

So in total I believe we pulled 8 with several miss-fires.

All in all awesome day nothing like getting out with a buddy and cathcing some fish. Really what else was I going to do today... work?....lol.

Any guess on weight of his NICE one at the end of the night?

I still say 6+ but we only gota legnth around 24"
Wow, didn't I see you on the news last night about pleading guilty at Guatanamo Bay?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 AM

LOL haha oh man thats funny so sorry Jay next time I'll crop out your face, you dirty terrosrist haha.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 PM

I've been called worse!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Wow, didn't I see you on the news last night about pleading guilty at Guatanamo Bay?
LOL, you should see him without that toque on !!!!