Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Let's see now, Court appearance, May 12, about 4 weeks. A little hustle and you should be able to get a PAL in the works, at least. Plead not guilty, to stall for time, if you have to, might get you another year reprieve and you should be able to bargain your way out of this one, if you produce a PAL, in court, unless they had a really GOOD reason for picking on you. Can't say I'm sympathetic to your plight and you shouldn't even be able to buy ammo, without presenting your PAL.
Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 04-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
I find its better as "Out of sight,Out of mind" ..

I had a run in with a Sherriff/Anti hunter with my 270 uncased and on the front seat and it was a brutal experience...
I hope I never run into him, but I refuse to lock up my rifle where I don't have to. I never have a hunting rifle or other gun beside me. For convenience (stop it from sliding around, it is usually in a half-opened soft case, unloaded, but not locked, on the rear seat.

With my biathlon rifle, going to the range in Canmore, things are different, since I end up in a Provincial Park, so I flip a lock on, also because I have it in my office mostly, because of daily dry firing practice.

The easiest way of getting stricter rules imposed is to comply with them in advance because we are afraid of confronting law enforcement personel that doesn't know the regulations.

That said, I feel for you, and I hope I never bump into the same guy, or one with similar outlook on life.

Frans

(Since things are never black or white, I can see the advantage of locking up a gun when left in an unattended vehicle, even though this is not required as it is still "in transport". Vehicles are so easily broken into, tying a gun to the chair with a cable lock would be something I'd contemplate if I couldn't take the gun with me. I always try the latter, back in Europe we could NOT leave a firearm in a vehicle unattended, ever, under no circumstance). We looked like an interesting bunch at least once a year, when a dozen or so of us would walk into the restaurant after a day of hunting for hares and pheasants. Good thing we knew the owner.

Last edited by Frans; 04-17-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
I had a run in with a Sherriff/Anti hunter with my 270 uncased and on the front seat and it was a brutal experience...
How'd it all go down? This has me intrigued.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:44 PM

this sucks for this guy
Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Does anyone know how this turned out?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM

I never noticed any updates yet....I was looking for it about a month ago too!....anyone else heard anything??