Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM

Default will be on gull on sat

Im heading out to gull on saturday, Ill be driving on the lake but I have no worries I checked the ice yesterday and theres plenty for driving. Im picking up a new gas auger and fish cam after work tomorrow (christmas bonus) I cant wait Im done with the hand auger I never plan on using it again. Ill be mostly targeting perch but will have a rod out for pike and burbot. After using my buddies fish tv last year I wont head out without one It helped out that much and kept it exciting for around $100. Im hoping canadian tire can help me out with the auger I seen a nice 8" jiffy there last year I think for around $380 If I find it im done. I rember a day last year when we were going after perch I drilled 23 holes, talk about a sore shoulder, there was 2 feet of ice
so knowing a gas auger is on the way has me feeling a huge relief.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:09 AM

Moving on up! It's a great feeling, no more pulled rotator cuffs!

I have been looking for a fish camera as well, and I have heard that there are some that are around 100 bucks. What kind are these, and do they run on 12 D cell batteries?? I would ideally like one that is rechargeable, and not too expensive. Which one are you looking at Flux??
Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 AM

Go to Costco for the auger. It looks awesome!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

Default hmm

The new fish tv are around $130.00. They come with a case on them which the old ones did'nt. You either can use like 10 d batterys or a gel cell battery. Gel cell ussualy cost bewteen 25-30 dollars and there a bit of a pain carrying around outside the case. But u can recharge them.
Fluxcore i'm guessing u where looking at a white lighting augar. They had a sale on at WWS for 319.95 but there all sold out. I think regular they where around $400.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy perch fisher View Post
The new fish tv are around $130.00. They come with a case on them which the old ones did'nt. You either can use like 10 d batterys or a gel cell battery. Gel cell ussualy cost bewteen 25-30 dollars and there a bit of a pain carrying around outside the case. But u can recharge them.
Fluxcore i'm guessing u where looking at a white lighting augar. They had a sale on at WWS for 319.95 but there all sold out. I think regular they where around $400.
Fishing hole has a deal if you buy the 12 volt gel battery and charger you get it as a deal for I think it was 24. bucks, just bought one the other week for my sonar.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:24 PM

I just bought the 5' fish tv at Shoalsale sports for 129.99. I tested it out in the store, and in the defense of that store in Deerfoot meadows, there are some great people working there. The clarity is better than expected and I can use the same battery that I use for my sonar. Not a bad deal, gunna check it out this weekend at Pine Coulee or Crawling.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:52 PM

The fish tv I used last year had an attachment for your cigarette/power outlet does the newer fish tv come with this as well?