Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Default Echo Fly Rods

Anyone own one? I would like to get an Echo2 in 5wt but I was wondering if someone had some feedback.
Thanks

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 09-25-2012, 10:05 PM

I have an Echo Carbon 8'6 in a 4wt. Fanastic rod. Looks great, feels great, casts great. No complaints whatsoever. They also come with a nice case and rod sock. Can't beat the lifetime warrenty either...

Echo makes a fantastic product.

My buddy owns a 9wt and a spey, he loves both of them.

Good rod choice! (beats the crap out of st. croix garbage )
Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 AM

Tim Rajeff the owner of echo is a former world champion flycaster and rod designer for G-Loomis. He teaches flycasting and knows his stuff as well as any man on the planet. I'd buy his stuff in a second.
I've had a couple of good chats with the man and had a pretty good vibe that he's a straight shooter.

My 2 cents
Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 AM

Sorry, should say Echo3 that I'm interested in, Echo2 doesn't exist. Thanks for the info! I met Tim Rajeff at the WC Fly Fishing Expo and he seems like the type of person who would distribute a great product. I already love airflo lines.

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 09-26-2012, 01:01 PM

I have Carbon and Ion rods and they are great, especially for the price tag.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
I have an Echo Carbon 8'6 in a 4wt. Fanastic rod. Looks great, feels great, casts great. No complaints whatsoever. They also come with a nice case and rod sock. Can't beat the lifetime warrenty either...

Echo makes a fantastic product.

My buddy owns a 9wt and a spey, he loves both of them.

Good rod choice! (beats the crap out of st. croix garbage )
Yeah, I own a 9w Ion, and a 2hand Solo (discontinued). They both are really decent. 9w- Little bit slower action than my St. Croix 5w Imperial, but I can still make 60' casts with not too much effort. And the spey rod is good too, just don't overload your rods. Because then the echos don't handle too well (since it's slower action).
Also I like the Airflo line that Tim Rajeff pumps out. I own some musky line and a scandi shoot head (510g). They both shoot really nicely as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM

I dont own one but I cAsted their whole rod line at the expo with josh nugent and the echo 3 was awesome to cast! It was a dream toast and was accurate shooting with the little yarn on it.
X2 on Airflo line I got 2 packs of Airflo ridge and IMO its better then rio gold.
If I were to get one of their Rods I'd go with there carbon series it has the looks and casts well with their price.