Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 08:31 AM

Default Trespassers - again.

Anyone recognize any of these people?

To answer all of the typical questions that come up with a thread like this.
1) They are trespassing on private land, yes it is posted.
2) They don't have permission to be where they are.
3) The locks on the gates were removed (not sure if it was this group or not).
4) This is the fifth group of trespassers so far this year, so it's old and it is not even hunting season yet.

Any help identifying them so i can find out what they were doing and how they got there would be great.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STC_0839.jpg (82.6 KB, 1423 views)
File Type: jpg STC_0837.jpg (85.6 KB, 1456 views)
File Type: jpg STC_0836.jpg (86.2 KB, 1264 views)
File Type: jpg STC_0833.jpg (80.6 KB, 1434 views)
File Type: jpg STC_0832.jpg (84.1 KB, 1294 views)
Old 08-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Looks like a tour guide lol.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Just an observation but those hardly look like the lock cutting, trespassing type. There seems to be some confusion as to land boundaries or right of ways on your land. I know that doesn't make it right and I am not trying to suggest that ignorance is an excuse, however it appears as if these folks and the last guy you posted feel they are somewhere it is okay to be.

It looks like a telephone pole in your post. Is that road an extension of a range or township road?

Did the previous owner of that land give permission without contact?

Is this a lease where the information is incorrect on line?
Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Just an observation but those hardly look like the lock cutting, trespassing type. There seems to be some confusion as to land boundaries or right of ways on your land. I know that doesn't make it right and I am not trying to suggest that ignorance is an excuse, however it appears as if these folks and the last guy you posted feel they are somewhere it is okay to be.

It looks like a telephone pole in your post. Is that road an extension of a range or township road?

Did the previous owner of that land give permission without contact?

Is this a lease where the information is incorrect on line?
To answer the above; the land is surrounded 360 degrees by barbed wire fence, locked gates and no trespassing signs. I do agree that the trail riders probably were oblivious, but the leader knows. The last guy i posted was on a different property about 200 miles away from this one.

No, this is not an extension or other type of public road. This is a private road with power into my cabin.

I've owned the land since 2002 or so. So no prior owner to deal with. No, it's not a lease and not incorrectly marked anywhere i've seen it.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:54 AM

Wish I could help but don’t know who they are. Love these threads despite wishing they didn’t exist. Good to know you’re following through and people are getting caught
Old 08-13-2018, 10:27 AM

Not sure if you have any better photos, but the lead guy with the cowboy hathas some lettering on his shirt above the left pocket

Also, is the Mecca Basketball shirt Mecca Glen school, east of Ponoka?
Old 08-13-2018, 10:44 AM

Sorry for the silly question in this thread. I was just wondering what type of stealth cam you had that took these pictures? They’re nice quality photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 10:50 AM

when you catch them put the hammer on them charge them with all you can
Old 08-13-2018, 10:54 AM

I hope that grandpa and his grandkids out for a trail ride get the book thrown at them....thanks for posting the pics of those criminals. Trying to solve this crime online was the best way to deal with this problem. Hope your neighbors get the message too! All the best this year! Great quality pics btw!
Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
I hope that grandpa and his grandkids out for a trail ride get the book thrown at them....thanks for posting the pics of those criminals. Trying to solve this crime online was the best way to deal with this problem. Hope your neighbors get the message too! All the best this year! Great quality pics btw!
Haha, thanks for your input. Well worth your 5 minutes this morning to chime in.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 AM

Someone always thinks there is "some confusion"...
Had multiple trespassers last year on a property I have SOLE written permission on, didn't post the pics, but i'm sure i'll get ****ed off enough to post this year.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
X2 nail them to wall. This is what happens when city people move to the country and buy land.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
X2 nail them to wall. This is what happens when city people move to the country and buy land.
So true well put
Old 08-13-2018, 11:12 AM

I was not aware that only city people hated strangers trespassing on their land. I guess next time i go poaching, trespassing and doing illegal activities i'll throw my kid in with me so that all these internet warriors think it's ok.

These people are trespassing, are not my neighbours and don't have permission to be where they are. Not sure why this is such a huge issue to you guys who think that trespassing is ok.

If i broke down the door to your house and came in and helped myself to everything, that's the exact same thing. These guys removed a barbed wire fence or a locked gate to access the property. It's not a casual trail ride, it's destruction of property, trespassing and illegal.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:17 AM

I would be mad too! and to those who say it's ok, I'm sure there would be a different response if they were on atv's... either way they have no business being there and if they did cut locks or barbed wire, they should be charged
Old 08-13-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingAlberta View Post
I was not aware that only city people hated strangers trespassing on their land. I guess next time i go poaching, trespassing and doing illegal activities i'll throw my kid in with me so that all these internet warriors think it's ok.

These people are trespassing, are not my neighbours and don't have permission to be where they are. Not sure why this is such a huge issue to you guys who think that trespassing is ok.

If i broke down the door to your house and came in and helped myself to everything, that's the exact same thing. These guys removed a barbed wire fence or a locked gate to access the property. It's not a casual trail ride, it's destruction of property, trespassing and illegal.
There are many here who feel your pain with those that are entitled to trespass with no regard for your land. In my opinion it don't matter why your trespassing, there is absolutely no excuse.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:38 AM

Default Wish I had sole permission some where!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver hunter View Post
Someone always thinks there is "some confusion"...
Had multiple trespassers last year on a property I have SOLE written permission on, didn't post the pics, but i'm sure i'll get ****ed off enough to post this year.
Sole written permission good luck to you this year.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:47 AM

My son has the same problem on his land. No amount of signs or fences matter. The trespassers he has are dirt bikers, quader's and snowmobilers. He tried several times to stop them but has since given up. For him it's a no win situation. The society we have today has little respect for anything.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Anyone recognize any of these people?

To answer all of the typical questions that come up with a thread like this.
1) They are trespassing on private land, yes it is posted.
2) They don't have permission to be where they are.
3) The locks on the gates were removed (not sure if it was this group or not).
4) This is the fifth group of trespassers so far this year, so it's old and it is not even hunting season yet.

Any help identifying them so i can find out what they were doing and how they got there would be great.

Thank you.
The fifth group of trespassers and it's not even hunting season hum you must have a special piece of property that people are drawn to it and want to spend time out there good luck
Old 08-13-2018, 11:54 AM

Can you look on a land ownership map around you and see who owns land and they google search for a possible trail ride company in your area by each piece of land. May line something up from that. Good luck in your search and I hope it gets resolved.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:20 PM

try putting there pics up at the local post office and event boards around the towns in the area that will get people talking
Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM

They are on horses and horses leave tracks ???
Id track em lol gotta warm up for huntin season anyways lol.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Get a cell trail camera, they text pics to you as they happen
Old 08-13-2018, 02:58 PM

Default Similar issue years ago.

Had a neighbour that was riding horses on my place too. There gates at the intersection of four properties into each respective lot. Convenience of access doesn’t even do it justice. So he’d go onto the other two neighbours and back through mine. I caught him red handed and a similar thing, had some kids with him and such. Never tore into him right there but it was dealt with accordingly after that.

I wouldn’t have cared if they had asked. Just bush and pasture land. Knock yourself out. But pay the common courtesy of asking.

This winter I came home and had skidoo tracks up the driveway. Just did a loop in the yard and was gone. Hmmm... couple weeks later skidoo tracks again but this time all over my place. Followed them and saw a few diamond willow trees cut down and gone. So I followed the tracks about 6 miles or so down the ditch. Found the guy. Lost my mud. He showed up a few days later with a birdhouse and an apology. Actually a pretty nice old fellow who’s just a little lax on etiquette. I might just show up in his yard with a chainsaw this winter and when he asks what I’m doing, “oh just popped over to get a Christmas Tree. It’s ok that I never asked or anything right?”

I empathize. Can be frustrating.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
In my experience, this is the Exact opposite to be true. People who are from the city seem scared to be outside. Let alone trespass. Virtually all of trespassing I've seen ends up being neighbours and people who have been in the area forever. Had permission 49 years ago and feel it applies today. Even if it has changed owners 4 times.

Post a sign saying new owners! All previous land access permission is no longer valid! Even if you are not new owners. Better yet post pictures on the entry of the trespassers.

You maybe surprised at the result
Old 08-13-2018, 03:30 PM

Not the trespassers. The landowner of this thread.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
try putting there pics up at the local post office and event boards around the towns in the area that will get people talking
With a bounty on their heads
Old 08-13-2018, 04:58 PM

A few kids riding on a road ? Better than spending their day playing video games. Unless they trailered those horses, they're locals, might be in your interest to get out and meet a few of them. If you don't live there, better they don't have a hate on for you.

Grizz
Old 08-13-2018, 05:22 PM

Default Trespassers

Go around to the local schools with pictures of the kids, ask the teachers and principals if they recognize them and then case closed. Most kids go to school so you know where to find them.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Go around to the local schools with pictures of the kids, ask the teachers and principals if they recognize them and then case closed. Most kids go to school so you know where to find them.
I'm not sure creeping around the local high school looking for teenage girls that you have photos of asking teachers and the principal is a great idea. They will probably tell you there just going to go get them only to return with the rcmp.