Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 PM

Question Little Raspberry/ Vivian Lake access

I have a me day coming tomorrow and I want to go fishing. I have my new to me 14' aluminum boat and trailer and would like to get into Vivian or Little Raspberry lake in Meadow Lake park. I live in Cold Lake, but it's been years ( well a least a decade !!!) since I fished either. My question is which lake would be better to spend some time on tomorrow and which is easier for me to back my boat into to launch it..... And if I don't get anything no one will be held responsible for your advice !!! I am looking at my trip tomorrow as a me day and a couple of hours on the water would be a great way to spend my last day off before going back to work tomorrow .
Old 10-20-2014, 05:20 PM

Viva is easier to catch fish
Little ras has to be a car topper no trailered boats allowed
Splake should be crazy right now
Old 10-20-2014, 08:57 PM

Default little raspberry

Fished Little Raspberry before, but through the ice. Caught some nice splake.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Rasberry is car topper only, theres a sign on the road, Put it in back of truck and haul it the rest of the way in,
Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Sorry if im too late ,

I was recently up there, I had a blast fishing the Mistohay Creek and Rusty Creek in the Park on my way to Little Rasberry or Vivian. I hit Up Vivian to realize there is almost zero fishable bank ( Much Nicer Boat Launch though ) , and then ran into CO officers and asked about Little Rasberry. They said I would be stupid to get my mini van in there...

So by this , I assume the access was limited, and I went back to Mistohay Creek and also Rusty Creek.

Here are a few pics of the Fun my son and I had at Rusty and Misthay Creek..

P.S Beware of the heavy bear population in that area , my 6 YO son and I were forced out of Mistohay Creek by a huge black bear !

My Sons Little Pike ( I also Got the video ) Its great !

My Little Pike ( Beautiful Colors though )

And the Creepy eyes I kept seeing in the dark as we walked out, This set of eyes was in the direction I had to leave in ( This is not a joke, or colored or enhanced, This was me spot lighting him with my head lamp and taking a picture )

Also seen 100's of these little guys ( Baby Pike ) my son was catching them by hand even !

And some nice Action pics

Either lake you hit, That area is just beautiful and filled with awesome little fishing holes, especially if you go a few feet off the beaten trail !

Hope this helps and I was not to late !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1cB...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by CanadianBadass; 10-21-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM

Well I am back from Little Raspberry.....yep this is definitely a car topper access lake....deep pot holes in a very twisting and windy trail into the lake. My fish finder showed some fish between 12 to 20 foot depth. I was only out on the lake for 2 hours (which was my plan) and I had only 1 hit, but it sure was fun being out on a lake for only the 3rd time in at least 10 years!!! I am planning another "ME DAY" for my next set of days off
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Banned

So is there actual truck acess to the lake?? Or just hiking trail? Looking to get my kayak and gear in.
Or can a guy portage from Kimball lake if he can't drive up?
Old 08-26-2015, 04:43 PM

You should be able to get a truck in either lake with little to no issues. You could likely get any car into Vivian. I drove my car most of the way into Little Raspberry then hiked the rest with my float tube last fall. Vivian winter-killed a couple of years ago, as did many smaller lakes in Sask. The Rainbows should be coming back very good this year if its anything like the other lakes that winter-killed. Little Raspberry is very slow fishing but the fish you do catch are very nice. I would wait until water temps come down a bit before heading out there. I find august pretty slugish for trout, the don't taste as good and I have a lot of fish die after release.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Banned

Thank you I greatly appreciate the reply.