Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 01:42 PM

Default Deep Sea Cabo Fishing Recommendations?

Heading down to Cabo with some friends and family in a few weeks here and wanted to see if anyone could recommend a company/person who charters good trips out of the Cabo Marina?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Banned

Tell them you want to fish out at the bait ball. .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjukic View Post
Heading down to Cabo with some friends and family in a few weeks here and wanted to see if anyone could recommend a company/person who charters good trips out of the Cabo Marina?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:43 PM

If you just want to catch some fish, a 1/2 day charter will get you into fish. If you want a specific species (Dorado, Marlin, Roosterfish), you will pretty much need a full day charter.

Are you going alone? One other fisherman? A group? Have you gone with a charter before?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:43 PM

Have gone several times, REDRUM is the outfit I had used. Put us on a lot of fish. Marlin, sailfish, tuna, Dorado. Trips for different budgets good group of guys.
Tried a few local gangs as well. Fished the same waters with the same results. Can barter pricing with the locals. Their vessels are a little older and not as much bling but the fish don't care. Chartered the locals for a week on what it would cost for two days at the larger shops. Best is to take a tour of the marina and get a feel for what you are looking for. I've had best days on the water in mid October. It's an annual trip with the boys now.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:36 PM

got a buddy that lives down there about 40 min north of Cabos in Los Barrilles.
Him and his wife run the East Cape tackle company and can arrange a trip for any budget.I would also reccomend going out with one of the locals as they know how to fish and it wont break the bank.We fished 4 days in june and had sore arms every day.
pm me and I can give more info if you like
Old 10-23-2014, 08:17 PM

Used JC,s sport fishing out of Cabo last winter. caught 14 fish in total. 4th time out with a charter and the best results by far Caught a 5 foot Mako shark, a really cool 4 foot needlefish, bunch of yellowtail, a trigger fish and a few Benita,s
Old 10-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteblaster View Post
Used JC,s sport fishing out of Cabo last winter. caught 14 fish in total. 4th time out with a charter and the best results by far Caught a 5 foot Mako shark, a really cool 4 foot needlefish, bunch of yellowtail, a trigger fish and a few Benita,s
Bob Marlin with JCs. Cheap, decent little boat, experienced Crew. Had a great day with them. 3 Marlin and 3 30+lb Dorado.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned

I believe this is sailfish time down there. We got over a dozen and a triple header I sighted one and cast to it from the Bow. .. was unreal the baitball is a long ways out but more than worth it..
Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Been there a few times and used picante charters each time. Pricey but top notch gear, boats and crew and always put us on fish.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:49 AM

Another vote for redrum me and the wife had a great day in April 2012. I shattered my heel bone the morning before but I wasn't gonna miss it! They were happy to help me with my extra impairment. Out of the 5-6 boats they had out that day we do the best landing g 4 marlin and a bunch f dorado. I think it was about 500 US. For the full day but worth it!!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteblaster View Post
X2 for JCs, it was a great experience for me
Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 AM

Appreciate all of the help and responses everyone!